Did I Miss Something? (Bulk Claim)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
    It's not bulk claim, it's bulk exchange. If it's intended to work with the rune exchange, then there's an issue, but it's no reason to insult the mentors. If you think you can do a better job than they do, you're most welcome to apply for it, or offer helpful advice to the player instead. We've asked about the rune exchange... and have yet to see a soul crystal exchange to see if it's going to be working for one of those as well.

All I can say is, if players ask and ask and ask for something like a bulk exchange to be added, and the devs finally listen to you and add one, (even if it's not working for the runes at the moment, which we're trying to get info on) then isn't that a win for the player side? I think it's a good addition, and if we have to make sure it gets looked at to make it work, then we're going to do just that. If it becomes something that the players still complain about instead of patiently wait to have it fixed, is it any wonder how difficult it is to get things done when it doesn't make you happy anyway?

I for one am still considering it a plus... if they get it working for exchange, and we stop complaining about it, I'll take it as a go ahead to keep pushing for a bulk claim as well. Score one for players... let's not drop the ball on it now please?
    As far as I am concerned if bulk exchange works for s/c and whips events that is a major plus! Definitely it would be nice for it also to work for gems/rune events too! Hopefully that will happen in the short term future...

However let's face it, there is a major difference between clicking for 20/30+ minutes re claiming gems/rune rewards on the one hand, while on the other hand having to click for 8 to 10 hours, which will be the case for many players with 250k/300k+ s/c and 80/100k+ whips, for the next appropriate events, if bulk exchange is not implemented for them!

I have never played any online game where players are expected to do this just to collect rewards! Hopefully we won't have to click for hours again if bulk exchange is initiated, in the way that most people here are anticipating!
    Last edited by Howie1; 10-29-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, I'm still anticipating that it's only gonna work for the exchanges, not actual collections. So, exchange said number of soul crystals for said number of prizes... as to any whip exchanges, we haven't had any of those yet.

I'd love a collect all as much as the rest of you, but at least, (if it works) this is a step in the right direction.

Comment

I know I'm going to sound like a mod that doesn't get real info like greenfireflygirl but I really hope that everyone realizes that r2/kabam/aeria/kong are just providers that are purchasing code from china. Having done some coding in my time it is much harder to edit someone else's code than to just write your own. This is the reason for replacing instead of fixing the dark succuba several months back. The collect/exchange all functions we all want requires editing code that was originally written in chinese(imagine the translation errors for the code notes) and replacing everything perfectly. Under the version of capitalism we've functioned under since [insert your most hated political party/decade....I blame President Taft] the American system is to buy the cheapest possible good without concern to long term maintenance costs.

I for one would be happy to provide improvements to the game. Send me the source code, future updates, event info, and a reasonable salary and I'll get right on it

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
          I know I'm going to sound like a mod that doesn't get real info like greenfireflygirl but I really hope that everyone realizes that r2/kabam/aeria/kong are just providers that are purchasing code from china. Having done some coding in my time it is much harder to edit someone else's code than to just write your own. This is the reason for replacing instead of fixing the dark succuba several months back. The collect/exchange all functions we all want requires editing code that was originally written in chinese(imagine the translation errors for the code notes) and replacing everything perfectly. Under the version of capitalism we've functioned under since [insert your most hated political party/decade....I blame President Taft] the American system is to buy the cheapest possible good without concern to long term maintenance costs.

I for one would be happy to provide improvements to the game. Send me the source code, future updates, event info, and a reasonable salary and I'll get right on it
          I code as well and agree with your points, as well as the statements the mods have made about how we should appreciate what we get. The issue at hand here is simple: this game generates massive revenue, with minimal cost. THE VERY LEAST they could do is get some real professionals to write this code. How about someone who speaks chinese and english??? problem solved. I know it isn't that simple, but when a company releases a test patch, discovers many major bugs, and still releases it anyways, there is a major issue. I could understand if they were not making tons of money and were understaffed, but at some point to maintain quality you must reinvest your profits towards growth, which we have seen absolutely none of in this game. Lag gets worse, bugs don't go away, etc etc. When you create this type of environment in a gaming community, you would be a fool if you didn't expect constant complaints (whether misdirected or not) from players through every channel they can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalyrific View Post
            If this game was completely free, then I would agree with you. However... well you know where I'm going with this. The customer service/support is an absolute disgrace. There is soooo much revenue for this game that when something needs fixing, it is COMPLETELY REASONABLE to expect that professionals get it right the first time. Sure, there will be one off situations that were unpredictable, but that doesn't happen here. It's one off when they get it right the first time around. That's pretty sad if you think about it.

What's more disturbing is that you, as a direct link to their customer base, don't know this answer. So ridiculously inefficient. I mean you work for a company that works via internet, and you haven't rec'd a memo/email explaining the change and what items are affected? Why should you have to ask, when you should already know. So either you didn't read it, meaning it's your responsibility and you blew it, or they didn't put anything out to you, proving my original point.

I'm able to look past glitches, tolerate the endless refreshes needed, and find a way to enjoy my time with the friends I've made. Imagine how much more pleasant things would be for everyone if the developers cared as much about player experience as they seem to care about the player's cash. I know, amazing concept isn't it.

P.S. I do sympathize with you guys for the ** you deal with on forums, but surely you realize MOST of the issues are a result of bad/awkward decisions on the corporate side.
            This game is just a cash cow they don't even check it no more they just and copy and paste events from china so much so that the typo is even bad that they just use google translate if you can understand this sad truth you will enjoy this game if you can't you will forever hate this game the truth is this

"They dont care about us" ^_^

Comment

Working...
            X