Explanation of crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation of crit

I don't understand crit, as I am sure alot of people don't. Does anybody know how crit works?

Before this latest gem event, I had all level 6 crit gems and my crit number was around 6k. I would crit most of the time, not everytime but I would say over 75% of the time, real rough number. Now with this gem event, I made all level 8 crit gems and my crit number is around 8k. Now, I seem to be getting less crit hits in, especially during the WB. How is that possible? Now I have heard crit is in relation to your patk number but in what relation? My patk is around 26k and that hasn't changed much in a while. Is it possible to have your crit number too high in relation to your patk? What would happen if I had 26k crit and 26k patk? I know that is not possible, just play along. Some people say that once you get past 6k, it does not make much of a difference. If I raise start to raise my patk again, will I start getting more crits? Is crit the percent of times you will crit? Does it not make the damage higher?

I doubt you can have it too high- but no matter how much you have you will never crit 100% - so it is probably true that there is a number beyond which you get diminishing returns and would be better off with points in other attributes.

What is that ratio?

I haven't got a clue.

ps. crit stat has no effect on damage number - just chance to crit

Comment

When am passed 20.000+ Crit am start crit good again like old times in World boss.

Before that am just crited like 1 of 10 shots.

Old times Crit was nice to when am hade arount 13k crited alot, was a change sometimes dont remember when start just get lesser and lesser crit to i get 20k+

Click image for larger version

Name:	tag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1699689
      Character - Taggen
      Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
      Class - Archer
      Battle Rating -2.4M BR
      Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
      Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

There are lots of theories about Critical Hits, but nothing that's been solidly proven as far as PvP goes.

My Suspicions:
        • Your Base Critical % will never be higher than 75% (3 out of 4) in PvE - no matter how high your Crit Value is.
        • Many Archer Skills have innate +Crit %, so they may seem to get a Critical 9/10 times with Max Value.
        • Your Base Critical % doesn't seem to hard-cap in PvP, but it also doesn't seem to go above 100%.
        • Guardian Angel is applied after Base Critical % is gained, meaning that one can't assume it's negated by a high Critical.

Things I've tested:
        • 5,000 Critical vs. World Boss & Sylph Boss is enough to pin your Critical Rate. They have no Critical Resistance.
        • 8,000+ Critical is needed to maintain max rate in Nirvana MP or in late stages of the Spire.
        • Tower of Kings, despite being PvE, features PvP rules governed by AI. A non-Archer can get Critical 90%+ vs. Stripped enemies.

As a L80 Mage, I was running 14,500 Critical in PvP as a test. Vs. an equal BR player I was only getting a Critical about half the time. 122 of 256 attacks to be precise in my tests. That leads me to believe that I had around a 95% Rate, minus the 45% GA Astral they had equipped for a 50% Rate.

Now, this takes me to my next argument. If a non-archer, who doesn't have innate Critical boosts, only gets Critical Hits at a < 50% rate, they will do more damage over time using a max Enhanced Will Destroyer compared to Enhanced Determination w/ Critical. Plus, it opens up another Astral Slot for something like a Regen Astral, or Deflection Astral or what have you...

It's why I now run 2 Builds. I have an EWD Build that features 54k Pdef, 56k Mdef, 14k Block and a Critical Build that features 52.5k PDef, 54.5k MDef, 11k Block and 10k Crit. It takes me a matter of 30 seconds to hot-swap em out - just 2 Astrals and 4 Gems. I run EWD for all PvP and Critical for all PvE.

My PvE (Critical, UnBuffed) Build:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Zorich.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1699699

In all PvE I regularly get Critical Hits at 3 out of 4 hits (75%) over time. Some fights are good, some not so good - but over the long haul, the % sticks.

In PvP (using EWD), I'll do less damage vs. inferior opponents (who don't have as high a GA %, or are just easier to get Critical on) but I'll do significantly more against superior opponents with EWD (and it's far more consistent damage), making me able to compete fairly well above my BR.

Comment

I run with around same crit as above, and I crit just fine in pvp, and somewhat pvp, so 10k seems to be a good aim, getting 20-30k might add 1 crit every 100 attacks and so

Comment

I had 12k crit before event and I was critting really well....after gem event, I have almost 15k crit and I crit like ****...go figure....some things don't make any sense on Wartune and I think crit is one of them.

Comment

I have a better crit rate against dungeon bosses than wb...and wb is ment to have no armor, bosses do...go figure.

Comment

Very thoughtful post. I'm marking it *thumbs up*

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                There are lots of theories about Critical Hits, but nothing that's been solidly proven as far as PvP goes.

My Suspicions:
                • Your Base Critical % will never be higher than 75% (3 out of 4) in PvE - no matter how high your Crit Value is.
                • Many Archer Skills have innate +Crit %, so they may seem to get a Critical 9/10 times with Max Value.
                • Your Base Critical % doesn't seem to hard-cap in PvP, but it also doesn't seem to go above 100%.
                • Guardian Angel is applied after Base Critical % is gained, meaning that one can't assume it's negated by a high Critical.

Things I've tested:
                • 5,000 Critical vs. World Boss & Sylph Boss is enough to pin your Critical Rate. They have no Critical Resistance.
                • 8,000+ Critical is needed to maintain max rate in Nirvana MP or in late stages of the Spire.
                • Tower of Kings, despite being PvE, features PvP rules governed by AI. A non-Archer can get Critical 90%+ vs. Stripped enemies.

As a L80 Mage, I was running 14,500 Critical in PvP as a test. Vs. an equal BR player I was only getting a Critical about half the time. 122 of 256 attacks to be precise in my tests. That leads me to believe that I had around a 95% Rate, minus the 45% GA Astral they had equipped for a 50% Rate.

Now, this takes me to my next argument. If a non-archer, who doesn't have innate Critical boosts, only gets Critical Hits at a < 50% rate, they will do more damage over time using a max Enhanced Will Destroyer compared to Enhanced Determination w/ Critical. Plus, it opens up another Astral Slot for something like a Regen Astral, or Deflection Astral or what have you...

It's why I now run 2 Builds. I have an EWD Build that features 54k Pdef, 56k Mdef, 14k Block and a Critical Build that features 52.5k PDef, 54.5k MDef, 11k Block and 10k Crit. It takes me a matter of 30 seconds to hot-swap em out - just 2 Astrals and 4 Gems. I run EWD for all PvP and Critical for all PvE.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110387[/ATTACH]

In all PvE I regularly get Critical Hits at 3 out of 4 hits (75%) over time. Some fights are good, some not so good - but over the long haul, the % sticks.

In PvP (using EWD), I'll do less damage vs. inferior opponents (who don't have as high a GA %, or are just easier to get Critical on) but I'll do significantly more against superior opponents with EWD (and it's far more consistent damage), making me able to compete fairly well above my BR.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post

My Suspicions:

Things I've tested:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110387[/ATTACH]

You know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                    You know nothing.
                    to be sure of something, we would need something some MMO are doing : a fight memo of all the rolls, skills who happened during a fight
                    that way we would have an idea of what really matter and how it work.
                    RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                    Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

not sure where the thread is buried now but a very old thread had this discussion on crit % vs stats and someone mentioned that all the other base stats (other than crit) affects your crit rate but no one is sure what the exact ratio is. Obviously there seems to be some correlation among all the stats with crit rate, but it's probably weighted so some stats affect crit rate more than others. It appears to be some pretty complex ratio as so far no one managed to figure it out even after lots of testing and even the original proposer of this theory probably already left the game (I think that thread came out like 2 yrs ago or something...)
                      IGN: Athena
                      Guild: Warriors
                      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                      Class: Archer
                      Difficulty Level: Noob
                      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                      X