Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

R2Client Issue Survey #2

To contribute to making the R2Client better, please click here to take a survey.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Knight Class Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knight Class Discussion

    I made this thread so that I could compare myself to knights on the earlier servers who might have more knowledge about the game. ^^ But also to benefit the ones on the later servers that are just beginning to wander what skills to get and what gems/astrals etc.. A thread where we could share ideas and opinions with regard to Arena(Duel) Arena(Party) Catacombs, World Boss and the skill trees needed for certain dungeons, and pretty much anything related to Wartune that concerns the Knight class.. (Not a thread for COMPLAINING and INSULTING pls.)

    I am currently a level 57 Knight on S7(Serpent's Den) and these are my current stats (Unbuffed):

    PATK: 9,555
    PDEF: 8,209
    MATK: 804
    MDEF: 4,716
    CRIT: 10
    BLOCK: 180
    HP: 29344 (Without Medallion)
    CHARISMA: 1003

    Current astrals are: LVL5 Pristine Force, LVL5 Enhanced Will Destroyer, LVL5 Enhanced Illusion, LVL5 Refined Goddess' Blessing, LVL5 Pristine Fortitude. (With 1 LVL4 Pristine Charm for WB)

    Socketed Gems are:
    LVL4 HP/PATK/PDEF - 6 (Helm,Necklace,Jewelry and Rings)
    LVL4 HP/PATK - LVL4 MDEF - 1 (Chest)
    LVL4 HP - LVL5 PATK/MDEF - 1 (Weapon)

    Guild Skills are: LVL8 Power/Defense, LVL7 Stamina, LVL5 Intellect/Gold Boost and LVL4 Charisma.

    Skill Trees at the moment is
    (1): Maxed Passive skills/Slasher skills/Delphic Destroyer LVL3, Whirlwind LVL4, Agrogan Shield LVL2.
    (2): Maxed Passive skills/Slasher skills/Delphic Destroyer LVL3, Agrogan Shield LVL3, Reverse Damage LVL3.

    I am currently ranked #1 Knight on my server and have yet to come across a stronger knight.

    At World Boss I am usually #1-3 with the use of approximately 5-6 Revives *Because SOME of the other archers use it also* ^^
    My Combo for WB: Delphic-Slasher-Ultimate Slasher-Slasher-Ultimate Slasher-Slasher... then DEAD. (Any other good combos to max damage?)

    I am ranked 5th in Catacombs and have yet to defeat the LVL 85 boss. (Any knight get higher than 85 yet? If so, please post tips. Thanks.)
    Could really use some advice for Catacombs with Knight Class since I want to do Necropolis ASAP since my gems are mostly LVL3 at the moment.
    *Update*- Cleared Catacombs already.

    Some might consider me a casher, but the only things I buy with Balens are Socketing Rods, Crypt Keys and recently have been using Revive on World Boss to hasten the progress of my astrals to all LVL5. Oh yeah, and also the Double Skill Tree which I thought might be needed for harder dungeons in the future. (So far, haven't had to switch to Tank tree yet.)

    I am Ranked 5th in Level with 3 Archers and 1 Mage ahead of me.

    Arena(Duel): Usually get 2-4 come Arena Rewards, depending on certain factors like POTS and timing since it doesn't have a Fixed Timer yet as to when the rewards are given.

    Arena(Party): I just go DPS since there's no such thing as a tank when it comes to Arena since most skills are random/aoe except against fellow knights when they use Slasher or just normal attack and therefore only able to attack Front Row enemy.

    Battlegrounds: I can usually take out Guardians/Bombardiers fairly easily, usually lose 3-4k HP but gain max rage in the process. Also a good source of honor as well as Star Points. Fairly even fights against the other 3 players higher level than me on the server (50/50 on Win-Lose).


    So... That's pretty much all about me, how about you other knights out there? Tips/Suggestions/Questions are welcome as long as they are NOT INTENDED to only insult/mock/ridicule. Thanks. Knights of the Round Table, let the brainstorming begin.
    Last edited by 69MCViper69; 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM.

  • #2
    as a former knight who rerolled due to timezone difference in server and changed to an archer, the only weakness that I see in your build is the magic-defense, this is an area of improvement as the bosses in catacombs such as the level 65 have high magic attack and increasing this defense should help you get through these better
    giving game one last chance :

    guild leader : endangered
    server 164 brighthollow
    class : archer
    current level : 54
    favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you Dethmatic, I'll take it into consideration.. I usually just switch around the gems depending on what I'm doing since they're mostly level 3 and cost a mere 1k to socket and unsocket. More tips please.. Has any Knight even gone past 90 in Forgotten Catacombs? I just achieved getting to Level 90 before maintenance so 2 more bosses and then I can do necropolis. HELP pls..

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, Viper, for the post.

        Though you are asking for help, you have unwittingly helped me decide which will be my Main Toon. I will be cashing too within reason as well.

        I have been trying to decide either to go Mage for it's consistent strength throughout the game or go Knight for its strength in the long run.

        I have question for you though. Did you go tank or DPS build from start to early 40s?

        Thanks in advance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 69MCViper69 View Post
          Some might consider me a casher, but the only things I buy with Balens are Socketing Rods, Crypt Keys and recently have been using Revive on World Boss to hasten the progress of my astrals to all LVL5. Oh yeah, and also the Double Skill Tree which I thought might be needed for harder dungeons in the future. (So far, haven't had to switch to Tank tree yet.)
          Wow, the only things you buy... Well, like dethmatic said, you need more Mdef for Crypts or do your angels heal you frequently? And as a matter of fact, though tank Knights get lower damage, their Def gives people much trouble. Like mine, at lvl44 PAtk 4565 PDef 5498 MDef 3476(w/o Mdef astral) HP 17088 and Block 1302. Heal on block is bugged right now so it's a bit underpower, but with lvl6 Blessed Life (2k4 HP on hit 10%), lvl5 Enhanced Illusion (10% avoid), lvl5 +1080 Block, and alternate between lvl5 PDef and MDef astrals, so far I'm a ***** to kill. Under lvl45, my BR is the highest amongs non cash Knights.
          Last edited by DeathRiver; 10-18-2012, 03:36 AM.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

          {OuO**

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DeGAUL View Post
            Thanks, Viper, for the post.

            Though you are asking for help, you have unwittingly helped me decide which will be my Main Toon. I will be cashing too within reason as well.

            I have been trying to decide either to go Mage for it's consistent strength throughout the game or go Knight for its strength in the long run.

            I have question for you though. Did you go tank or DPS build from start to early 40s?

            Thanks in advance.
            Well I started out with the event prizes and just worked my way up, I didn't really focus all on DPS nor focus all on tank, sort of maybe a medium between the two I guess.. But by mid 30's I started focusing on Defense (No reason really why, lol.) and just kept doing Arena for the LV35 Gear then just recycle for refines and eventually you get the stats you want, I just look at which aspects I am lacking, and get the guild skill to compensate for weaknesses. However.. Now at LV52 though, I am currently doing my best to improve PATK/PDEF since the 4 players in my server that are higher than me are 3 archers and 1 mage, soo.. I admit my MDEF will get rocked by any decent mage, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I hope this helped. PS. Sometimes it's better not to synthesize gems to higher quality right away so you can switch around depending on what you're doing, (MDEF-Cata, Charisma/PATK-WB, HP/PATK/PDEF or MDEF for PVP etc..) For example: A Lvl4 PATK = +112 (Without Daru Engrave) whereas 4x Lvl3 PATK = 4*64 = +256 I hope you get my point..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
              Wow, the only things you buy... Well, like dethmatic said, you need more Mdef for Crypts or do your angels heal you frequently? And as a matter of fact, though tank Knights get lower damage, their Def gives people much trouble. Like mine, at lvl44 PAtk 4565 PDef 5498 MDef 3476(w/o Mdef astral) HP 17088 and Block 1302. Heal on block is bugged right now so it's a bit underpower, but with lvl6 Blessed Life (2k4 HP on hit 10%), lvl5 Enhanced Illusion (10% avoid), lvl5 +1080 Block, and alternate between lvl5 PDef and MDef astrals, so far I'm a ***** to kill. Under lvl45, my BR is the highest amongs non cash Knights.
              I have Knights for troops, I decided not to go with Angels since Knights are more effective for WB. I experimented with Block astral and going Tank spec for PVP, it just didn't do it for me so I reset my skills and went back to DPS again.. >.< Yeah, I was wondering about that Heal on Block too, useless to have Enhanced Block at Level 2 since it procs as Dodge instead of Block and it's not 100%.. I've pretty much experimented with most of the orange astrals and I found these to be the most effective, though still lacking enormously in MDEF, I usually compensate for it with massive damage. I'm wondering how you got the gold for all those astrals at LVL44 without having decent damage to even get a good rank in WB?

              Comment


              • #8
                I understand about not synthesizing gems to higher level without any reserved gems of equal level

                Talking about defense. Do you think instead of primarily concentrating on MDEF/PDEF for defense, concentrating on BLOCK defense is also a good alternative? Correct me if I'm wrong, I heard Block works on PATK/MATK. I have done this to my test Knight at mid-level 30 but I dont see any significance. Maybe just because the toon still too low a level.

                Your take on Block defense?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 69MCViper69 View Post
                  I have Knights for troops, I decided not to go with Angels since Knights are more effective for WB. I experimented with Block astral and going Tank spec for PVP, it just didn't do it for me so I reset my skills and went back to DPS again.. >.< Yeah, I was wondering about that Heal on Block too, useless to have Enhanced Block at Level 2 since it procs as Dodge instead of Block and it's not 100%.. I've pretty much experimented with most of the orange astrals and I found these to be the most effective, though still lacking enormously in MDEF, I usually compensate for it with massive damage. I'm wondering how you got the gold for all those astrals at LVL44 without having decent damage to even get a good rank in WB?
                  AH, you've answered the question while I was typing my previous post.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As I stated before, I have experimented with other orange astrals.. And also tried Refined Enshieldment, and tried using Full Block gems, I think I got it to somewhere around 1.3-1.4k block, TRUE it works on both MATK/PATK which is also why I decided to try it out so I wouldn't have to switch around PDEF/MDEF astrals, and actually my guildie said that it was really effective.. But I decided to synthesize it for Refined Fortitude instead, because I wanted to focus against Archers/Knights and in my opinion I liked the PDEF Astral more as it is constant whereas Block is only by chance. And I'm not too sure if they have a formula yet as to how to measure how much damage/percent you block.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 69MCViper69 View Post
                      As I stated before, I have experimented with other orange astrals.. And also tried Refined Enshieldment, and tried using Full Block gems, I think I got it to somewhere around 1.3-1.4k block, TRUE it works on both MATK/PATK which is also why I decided to try it out so I wouldn't have to switch around PDEF/MDEF astrals, and actually my guildie said that it was really effective.. But I decided to synthesize it for Refined Fortitude instead, because I wanted to focus against Archers/Knights and in my opinion I liked the PDEF Astral more as it is constant whereas Block is only by chance. And I'm not too sure if they have a formula yet as to how to measure how much damage/percent you block.
                      In an effort to solve the MDEF lack, do you think taking away some HP gem and adding MDEF gem is a good alternative?

                      Have you experimented with this?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I haven't yet, but I don't think I want to try since Knights need a good amount of HP plus getting HP is always a good idea since Knights get a 20% HP Bonus. But it's definitely worth a try, maybe in the future when I have more than 35k HP.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As for WB damage, I forgot to mention that I use Enhance Will Destroyer lvl5. Yeah, I only harvest gold from others to solve that issue. I'm really lucky by the way, Block, Mdef, PAtk and Will Destroyer fell into my arms. Got to buy the others though. I got 3 Energine so far, yup, I'm that lucky. And to this day, I only got plunder twice, one of them failed. But enough of my showing off, I got lots of purple and blue ones, sold all green and broken ones = quick star point gain.
                          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

                          {OuO**

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                            As for WB damage, I forgot to mention that I use Enhance Will Destroyer lvl5. Yeah, I only harvest gold from others to solve that issue. I'm really lucky by the way, Block, Mdef, PAtk and Will Destroyer fell into my arms. Got to buy the others though. I got 3 Energine so far, yup, I'm that lucky. And to this day, I only got plunder twice, one of them failed. But enough of my showing off, I got lots of purple and blue ones, sold all green and broken ones = quick star point gain.
                            Wow you are very lucky! I've only gotten Enhanced Illusion 3x and Goddess Blessing 2x and Enhanced Will Destroyer 2x, the rest I had to buy from Star Points. LOL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 69MCViper69 View Post
                              Wow you are very lucky! I've only gotten Enhanced Illusion 3x and Goddess Blessing 2x and Enhanced Will Destroyer 2x, the rest I had to buy from Star Points. LOL.
                              Luck also gets me something else, like people blasting me with comments like: Hacker!
                              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

                              {OuO**

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X