No announcement yet.

Knight getting weaker and weaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since my server hasn't had a wb yet then I'm not sure what the actual effects will be. All I can say for sure is that until I do some testing to see if I now don't survive uber hits I won't be using any balens. It's a pity since I finally made it to the point that I could make it through the late boss with max % and only 4-5 revives. On the bright side it's one less thing I'll be using balens for so it saves me money.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
      I think it's fair that they nerved it, they removed Deep Freeze for archers so they nerved the advantaged for knights as well. If you are going to keep it for the knights, then bring DF back for archers.
      Actually, this hurts Mages the most and Archers 2nd most. While Knights have a ton of HP, so do Archers (20% Bonus Passive as well). Most Knights need to use Apollo Shield (unless they were really high HP). Mage and Archer were using Adv Guardian Runes to get 50%+ DR (Knight's Apollo max at 30%), and Archers also had Incend to reduce boss Damage 30%.

Archers were effectively only taking 25% of the WB Big Hit. They only needed like 250k HP to Survive. Knights needed 400k+, Apollo & Bubble to survive. Mage w/ Adv Guardian needed 350k+ or 300k + Mana Shield along with the rune.

It was already toughest for Knights to survive the WB hits when you consider skills & guardian for non-Knights.

Also, if you were to bring DF back, it would help Knights the most. They've got a 1s CD, 3-Round 100% Effective Slow now from Adv Class Skills that adds onto a 195% Damage Skill. It's like combining Archer's AP & DF together in one skill. And yeah, it's still only a 35 Rage Attack (w/ Knights Regen, that's only a -15 Rage loss). And it's fast as well. Enjoy that.

What Archers have is a 10% Crit Damage Boost (Adv Class) and 10% Overall Damage Boost (Passive Stack). That means they're doing about 15% more damage overall on their skills, making their speed-combos of AP + AS / AP + MS the equivalent of 350% and 400% attacks. Knight speed combos by comparison are 327% and 370%. Mage, by far the worst, is 250% and 310% only.

Archer's SHOULD do 10% more than Knights and 25% more than Mages consistently based on Class Attacks. Pet attacks is a different story, but it's worth notice Archers still get their damage passives in Pet forms, so they're still 15% than other classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
        Actually, this hurts Mages the most and Archers 2nd most. While Knights have a ton of HP, so do Archers (20% Bonus Passive as well). Most Knights need to use Apollo Shield (unless they were really high HP). Mage and Archer were using Adv Guardian Runes to get 50%+ DR (Knight's Apollo max at 30%), and Archers also had Incend to reduce boss Damage 30%.

Archers were effectively only taking 25% of the WB Big Hit. They only needed like 250k HP to Survive. Knights needed 400k+, Apollo & Bubble to survive. Mage w/ Adv Guardian needed 350k+ or 300k + Mana Shield along with the rune.

It was already toughest for Knights to survive the WB hits when you consider skills & guardian for non-Knights.

Also, if you were to bring DF back, it would help Knights the most. They've got a 1s CD, 3-Round 100% Effective Slow now from Adv Class Skills that adds onto a 195% Damage Skill. It's like combining Archer's AP & DF together in one skill. And yeah, it's still only a 35 Rage Attack (w/ Knights Regen, that's only a -15 Rage loss). And it's fast as well. Enjoy that.

What Archers have is a 10% Crit Damage Boost (Adv Class) and 10% Overall Damage Boost (Passive Stack). That means they're doing about 15% more damage overall on their skills, making their speed-combos of AP + AS / AP + MS the equivalent of 350% and 400% attacks. Knight speed combos by comparison are 327% and 370%. Mage, by far the worst, is 250% and 310% only.

Archer's SHOULD do 10% more than Knights and 25% more than Mages consistently based on Class Attacks. Pet attacks is a different story, but it's worth notice Archers still get their damage passives in Pet forms, so they're still 15% than other classes.
        The knight part is rather incorrect, Bloodfang I could survive big hit 100% of the time using mars and I'm only slightly above 300k HP, never tried apollo so maybe that'd be accurate but mars was a painless skill to use so it helped a lot more. And Redoga could survive 9/10 times on no shields with 320k HP

So it wasn't really hard for knights to survive, but the advantage archers had is unlimited heal + survival potential, with BT / regen / heal rune you could easily chain the whole Redoga WB with some luck.

Comment

Nobody can survive WB anymore. This wasn't a knight-specific nerf. This was simply r2 doing the type of things that r2 has always done.

Mars was broken in the first place. It appeared to properly redistribute single target damage, but against aoe damage, it basically reduced the overall damage significantly. It wasn't meant to do that, at least if you read the tool-tip for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
            Anyone actually tested heals on mars now? Watch as BL still bugged, skill nerfed and overall ends up being nearly useless in most situations, woo hoo.
            for what i have read in another post, mass heal isn't affected by mars will no more.

Comment

Originally posted by NEbeast View Post
              for what i have read in another post, mass heal isn't affected by mars will no more.
              Yeah seems that way, only saw one team use mars + BL but it hit for 100k+ on all 4, so assuming it works fine now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brutal_Hobo;1154501]mars will was glitched for aoe attacks anyway
                idk why everyone whinges about knights for
                when i was a level 59 archer i had ~75k br
                my guild leader he was a knight about 80k br level 70, i beat him everytime we dueled
                now we are both level 80, im sitting at 160k br
                hes at 180k br, i dont even get close to him, i cant even take 1/3 of his hp bar before he kills me off
                i cant even beat his bot anymore

there is a knight in my server ~200k br, he attacked me in wilds (someone has to explain to me how people can attack me but i cant attack them)
                3 star hercules, stunned me 3 rounds
                and he lost, not once but twice

basically what im saying is, your character is only as good as you build it
                if you build it well, you can be strong
                if you build it bad, well stop whinging and try again
                kimwong is by far one of my more favourite forumers, and his knight build is awesome for only 230k br[/QUOTE

and what u write above proves what? i dont get it. look brutal its got nothing to do with wild, or how amazing u are beating higher br than u.......ure OOT....and maybe later u understand the point...(if u read all the post, rather than say "if you build it bad, well stop whinging and try again" its as if ur built is great, and u dont even understand the point). or maybe your built is bad if u cant beat him anymore in 80..maybe u should try again..

My point is I feel that wb now has advantage to archer. Before we knight can compete with archer in wb because we save time to revive, it make the gap closer since archer hit harder and faster. Now the gap is wider. Thats the simple thing to illustrate
                Last edited by OceanicSSSS; 10-30-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

and what u write above proves what? i dont get it. look brutal its got nothing to do with wild, or how amazing u are beating higher br than u.......ure OOT....and maybe later u understand the point...(if u read all the post, rather than say "if you build it bad, well stop whinging and try again" its as if ur built is great, and u dont even understand the point). or maybe your built is bad if u cant beat him anymore in 80..maybe u should try again..

My point is I feel that wb now has advantage to archer. Before we knight can compete with archer in wb because we save time to revive, it make the gap closer since archer hit harder and faster. Now the gap is wider. Thats the simple thing to illustrate[/QUOTE]

archers cant survive either
                  archers were dealing more damage on their survivals than knights were
                  knights had to cast a mars will to survive
                  archers did incen + guardian rune which deals damage
                  and bloodthirsty to restore hp
                  if anything this is helping you knights
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

and i guess the other thing im saying is
                    you have to get over this thing
                    when deep freeze first nerfed in mpd
                    we were running lychs and at 90k br we were having a hard time
                    and there were only 3 of us
                    before the reset we ran it a few times without scatter and df
                    eventually we got used to it, and its not that bad
                    same thing with Incendiary shot
                    used to be my favourite skill
                    now if it hits the troops the effect doesnt move over to the hero like it used to
                    i still use it just have to take the troops first
                    this game is about adapting and change
                    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                    Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by OceanicSSSS View Post
                      The maintenance turned out to be, silently nerfing knight, especially in wb. Now archer far less BR will able to be in top...since Knight defend attribute is again nerfed...unusable in wb....So, before heal was capped, now mars will/shield cant work in wb, delphic boss is far greater (ur gold income will be 40-50% less)...Guess this game is not for Knight, they really intended to make this class not competitive against other class......I believe later they will nerfed it again...when they see knight has something good ..... and all event I believe will be design for non knight class....

Time to consider to retired....heal capped frustated me... but this, making knight not able to be competitive (same BR with other class, intentionally, in most event) is unacceptable..
                      Excuse me but archer is the dps of this game, if knights were out damaging archers in wb (which they were) then theres something majorly wrong. Knight has solid defense, thats what a knight is about...they also have 2 Delphic's..no other class in the game has that. Knight is the end game king and always will be. Personally i hate fighting knights.

Comment

if archers are to outdamage everyone give the "dps class of this game" a multiplier of 0.75% on gold/daru. seems fair, why would ONE class have to have a huge advantage over the others on something BASIC (wb fight)? i dont mind archers getting ahead in necro, nor getting big crits all over the place, but dont ** me when u say "knight has a soldi defense" after everyone including lv40 noobs know def in this game doesnt mean ***** (same goes for strategy). only thing that rly matters is who has the biggest dmg on his/her special skill
                        and its a mage speaking (lowest dmg in the game )

Comment

Originally posted by ADYXZ View Post
                          if archers are to outdamage everyone give the "dps class of this game" a multiplier of 0.75% on gold/daru. seems fair, why would ONE class have to have a huge advantage over the others on something BASIC (wb fight)? i dont mind archers getting ahead in necro, nor getting big crits all over the place, but dont ** me when u say "knight has a soldi defense" after everyone including lv40 noobs know def in this game doesnt mean ***** (same goes for strategy). only thing that rly matters is who has the biggest dmg on his/her special skill
                          and its a mage speaking (lowest dmg in the game )

math me if im wrong but i dont think mages have lowest dps two of our thunderers is more than knight delphic for 2 secs, in delphic regards we have more dps, but thunderer realy isnt a delhpic lol
                          having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
                            math me if im wrong but i dont think mages have lowest dps two of our thunderers is more than knight delphic for 2 secs, in delphic regards we have more dps, but thunderer realy isnt a delhpic lol
                            we mean mage don't have a low-rage-efficient single-target skill like knight's US or archer's AP

thunderer, yes it is very high dmg, but long casting time and high rage, so can hardly make a good combo with thunderer
                            SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                            IGN: Kimwong
                            CLASS: Knight
                            PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                            BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                            Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                              we mean mage don't have a low-rage-efficient single-target skill like knight's US or archer's AP

thunderer, yes it is very high dmg, but long casting time and high rage, so can hardly make a good combo with thunderer
                              oh ok point takent a nice new pic kimwong
                              having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
                                oh ok point takent a nice new pic kimwong
                                that was pretty much my point, i assumed every mage would get it but yea...
                                thing is, the 2sec cd is only good for pve in the fights where u get free rage, but other than that its a 3 LB cooldown which excedes the 20sec cd

other math is pretty much RoF 140% vs knight US 150% (goes up with talents sky high)
                                LB 105% vs knight S 132% (which a chance of getting a free max adv brutality rune on usage)
                                IB 180% vs knight DW 221% (+4 turns 25% bleed which should mean +100%)

and for some reason is it me or icebolt does actually LESS damage than rain of fire? cuz if math applies to this game then rof is 140+25%(140)= 175% (alrdy less than IB base damage) and ib is 180+15%(180) = 207%,but my actual damage seems to disagree, i see rof (the 2 hits) do more dmg than ib does so im rly asking myself how/why

Comment

Working...
                                X