Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

MP Dungeon Attempts review need by R2 asap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Dungeon Attempts review need by R2 asap

I remember when we were given 3 daily mp dungeon attempts. I as well as the rest of the R2 community can agree that 1 Single attempt per day to get rewards is simply not enough. We should be given 3 as we used to have or as a compromise 2. We should also not be using up an attempt if we do not complete the dungeon. To avoid an abuse of people loging in to dungeons and receiving free rewards r2 should implement an update to hold players rewards until the end of the dungeon and completion. Thereby receiving the dungeon rewards as the daily attempts are used up after defeating last boss of the dungeon. I can only imagine how often players have started a mp dungeon only to get booted, dc, lag out, or have server issues and waste their daily attempt without receiving rewards or completing the dungeon.

I am a part of the R2 community and I don't agree that we need more MPD attempts per day. MPD is boring, and there are so many events to complete in a day already without adding in extra MPD attempts. I think instead the servers should be fixed to allow people to play without massive lag and game issues, this would help reduce the amount of lost treasure/attempt.

It's not a bad idea to hold rewards until the end, but there is a downside to this. Many players, especially ones who have just entered a new MPD, are not strong enough to complete. Instead of waiting (god knows how long) for a strong friend to help, they go in with intentions of only killing what they can, with a similar BR group. If rewards were held until completion quite a few lower BR players would be adversely affected and their growth would slow down.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrywindl View Post
      I remember when we were given 3 daily mp dungeon attempts. I as well as the rest of the R2 community can agree that 1 Single attempt per day to get rewards is simply not enough. We should be given 3 as we used to have or as a compromise 2. We should also not be using up an attempt if we do not complete the dungeon. To avoid an abuse of people loging in to dungeons and receiving free rewards r2 should implement an update to hold players rewards until the end of the dungeon and completion. Thereby receiving the dungeon rewards as the daily attempts are used up after defeating last boss of the dungeon. I can only imagine how often players have started a mp dungeon only to get booted, dc, lag out, or have server issues and waste their daily attempt without receiving rewards or completing the dungeon.
      The highlighed bit is the 2nd stupidest idea I have ever seen regarding MP attempts.
      A lot of people do Summoning runs for stones and crystals in certain dungeons, not to mention the fact that the legend stones are given out for the first 2 bosses (normally). Beating only 2 bosses was a way to farm legend stones before being able to clear the dungeon.

The stupidest Idea I have ever seen is your suggestion to increase the attempts. We get better rewards for 1 attempt than we did when having to do 3. You really think R2 would change back to 3 and not nerf the rewards?

Edit : I also am part of the R2 community like Janite and I do not want to have 3 runs. So your assumption that the rest of us agree with you is wholly wrong

Comment

Back in the day, we did have three attempts and the rewards were small. Some dungeons were taking such a long time that struggling to get through three of them was eating more potions and scrolls then you could imagine. R2 decided to be creative and turned it into one attempt with three times the rewards and in some instances it may seem like its even better then 3 times the reward, but then that's just my view. I can personally remember the days that moon evil and demon temple took about two hours to get three runs done.. and while today if you can get a few mutant tanks to go with it is easy as cake.. not everyone is so lucky.

Should things ever go back to the old three a day I as well doubt that the rewards level we have now would remain, that would make no sense, nice, but no sense.
        Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

2 daily attempts would be the best idea. If a player has to wait for 1 strong person to walk them through without being able to carry their own wight in a dungeon then why are the in that dungeon to begin with?

Comment

Maybe you just can't comprehend anything, so here I'll spell it out for you: Attempts Reduced, Rewards Tripled. Get it through your thick skull you nit wit.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrywindl View Post
              2 daily attempts would be the best idea. If a player has to wait for 1 strong person to walk them through without being able to carry their own wight in a dungeon then why are the in that dungeon to begin with?
              back in the old days, it wasn't an issue of being unable to beat the dungeon on its own. it was the fact that there were few ways to increase br, as well as less rewards from events (unlike being able to easily get 10k whips now).

i did god nm when i had 29k br, was a beast in bg (unless i met heavy cashers:P). dngeons gotten easier, because ppl can faster obtain br nowadays. we didnt have sylphs, fate system, tok, amethyst mine, battle protection.

besides why should we triple attempts again? they brought it back to 1 but increased rewards, increasing it now would lead to reduced rewards. and i doubt you will make many players happy by increasing time needed to do dailies

Comment

You can't really win in this kind of argument. Why? Well, let me point it out.

*R2 Games take away three attempts and turn it into one attempt with triple the rewards as before and you have players whining about how that one attempt isn't enough. They forget that the rewards have been tripled.

*R2 Games bring back the three attempts and you have players whining about how the rewards have decreased and how three attempts is too much since there are too many things to take part in.

Most players like to do everything they can, and by simply having one MPD attempt it doesn't consume much time at all. Everybody wins, I'd say. (Well...Pretty much everybody anyway)
                To Willow:
                Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

I only ever played with one attempt system. While not always perfect it is the same for everyone. You did get items at the start that increase your number of attempts but I never seen them appear in events.

DarkMeph
                  Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

I have players on my server who have a hard time finding a team to complete one attempt. I think if they put it back to three, and reduced the rewards, it would be infinitely worse for them, as, if I had to run three nirvanas to get my rewards, then I'm probably gonna feel a lot less like running three of something else to help someone through their attempts... and you can forget about another three or the three after that if I was feeling generous and wanted to help a few teams out.

Comment

Working...
                    X