East Coast CSGB. Gratz HeliosOne!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast CSGB. Gratz HeliosOne!

We only met in the 1st round of the prelims, but it was a fun fight and look forward to seeing you again next time around!

All the best!

-- Zorich (Unforgiven, R2Games-195)

thanks, I look forward to a rematch. hopefully in the finals this time

hope all the east coast servers don't get too tired seeing our names everywhere

-Strider

Comment

They Should make it East Coast against West Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by R21120270 View Post
        They Should make it East Coast against West Coast.
        §Supêrior§ accepts this challenge!
        Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
          hope all the east coast servers don't get too tired seeing our names everywhere

-Strider
          No offense but already am. Congrats on your rank

Comment

Originally posted by JeffExtreme View Post
            No offense but already am. Congrats on your rank
            Thanks, none taken. Maybe if we repeat next time, we will come up with a funner guild name to put on top of fountain

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
              Thanks, none taken. Maybe if we repeat next time, we will come up with a funner guild name to put on top of fountain
              Hehe I like your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                We only met in the 1st round of the prelims, but it was a fun fight and look forward to seeing you again next time around!

All the best!

-- Zorich (Unforgiven, R2Games-195)
                Congratz on the victory!!

Comment

Gratz on 1st in Diamond Group there was also 3 others winners in the other groups as well what about these other Groups?
                  WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

Grats H1. Thanks for letting all our top players come home again!
                    Server: Armor S6
                    IGN: Xanthralla
                    Guild: Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFrenzy View Post
                      Gratz on 1st in Diamond Group there was also 3 others winners in the other groups as well what about these other Groups?
                      On the East Coast, Unforgiven (R2, S-195) won the Silver Group and I believe Spartans (R2, S-42) won the Iron. Not sure who won the Gold Group.

I'm still hoping beyond hope that the next csgb will have a better prelims matching that will allow the best guilds into the top-end groups and not have top-10 guilds (like Spartans) who get stuck down in Iron because they ran into the #1 and #2 BR guilds due to bad matching.

Comment

KingsOfWar won the gold group
                        Ingame name: RubberDuckie
                        Server: EST, R2games
                        Servername: S7 Serpent's Den
                        Toon: Knight
                        Guild: -

Comment

Originally posted by ANWB-praatpaal View Post
                          KingsOfWar won the gold group
                          Gratz Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                            I'm still hoping beyond hope that the next csgb will have a better prelims matching that will allow the best guilds into the top-end groups and not have top-10 guilds (like Spartans) who get stuck down in Iron because they ran into the #1 and #2 BR guilds due to bad matching.
                            And I'm still thinking you just want a straight path to better rewards via automatic placement in diamond group. Earn your way into the group.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffExtreme View Post
                              And I'm still thinking you just want a straight path to better rewards via automatic placement in diamond group. Earn your way into the group.
                              I'm thinking you're bitter.

As someone who's actually written tourney / matching algorithms for games in the past, I can tell you this one is awful, and if it were the model in any type of sport or real-life competitive event it would be soundly trashed. Again, to reiterate, it'd be like having all top-16 seeds in the Final Four be in the same bracket, rather than spread out into the quadrants. Where would be the fun in watching UConn vs. Eastern Miss St in the NCAA Finals when the only question would be, do they cover the 60-pt spread?

Finals are supposed to be the best competition, not the first round. Other than our 1st round loss to Helios, no one put up 5k Pts on us the rest of the Prelims or Silver Group finals. That's just silly.

And seeing as you jumped on my CSBG Matching Thread and said this exact same thing, I'll tell you here, the method described there isn't a freebie for anyone. Based on the enrollees in this last CSGB, any of the top-20 guilds would face another top-21 to top-40 guild - unless they were upset. In the case of us (Unforgiven), we'd actually have faced Spartans in the last round of prelims to advance to finals - assuming they'd won to that point. That's not a freebie. Any #2 or even #3 seed, with skill, can upset a #1 seed. You're talking a 20% Guild BR difference, but as far as the top-40 goes, who knows who's better - that's why you play it out.

People who are against an intelligent, weighted matching system just want an easier path to the finals than having to actually face a top-20 guild on the way there, much as 7 of the 8 teams in the Diamond group did this time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X