Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Server time change - Can someone explain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server time change - Can someone explain?

So I heard that it has something to do with Winter..
    Can anyone explain why the server time changed?
    In my country , there's no summer , winter , autumn , fall... or whatsoever.
    Server : Avazu - S1
    Characters : I'm a newbie Knight

The servers have had time change for daylight savings. In the Fall they turn back the clocks one hour and in the spring they spring forwards one hour. While a specific country may or may not have the daylight savings many in the region may and as a result that's why the serve3r maintenance happen, to correct things. I am sorry if the confusion has in any way inconvenienced you.
    Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

at every 6 month, we change the hour...either be adding an hour or removing an hour. Last weekend, we went out of the daylight saving time, so we added another hour (for example, when it was normally 8 am, it's now 7 am instead). Here a site with more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
      Lunay - Knighted knight
      23.25M BR
      Guild : SHIELD
      West coast server r2 S38

Comment

It has nothing to do with seasons. It's how time is adjusted for non-equatorial places so it will have normal hours for days and night.
        From equatorial view like yours, time seems changed, but not for places with DST adjusted meaning evening/morning will still start the same hour.
        Why they need it, because earth has different tilted axis during different periods, think of it like spinning gasing.
        [morfinnor]
        Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by TripleCKen View Post
          You should stop playing sims and leave the house.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
            You should stop playing sims and leave the house.

outside? whens the preorder for that game?
            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
            Class: Archer
            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by TripleCKen View Post
              So I heard that it has something to do with Winter..
              Can anyone explain why the server time changed?

In my country, there is less daylight in winter and more daylight in summer. THe daylight starts earlier in the summer and later in the winter, we also get less daylight in the winter. Thats why it's call Daylight Savings Time. We try to catch as much sunshine as we can during the day. In spring / summer, the day start earlier, so we change the time to earlier so we have more daylight during the day. In winter, we have very little sunlight and the sun comes up later, so we set the time back. Hope that explains.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Daylight savings time was implemented during WWII as an energy savings measure. The idea was that those on 8-4 or 9-5 schedules would use their lights less when getting ready for work in the mornings in winter. It is debatable as to it's actual effect saving energy but the laws were never change after the war and now we all suffer from the loss of an hour's sleep once a year. Just deal with it as a fact of life until someone with half a brain gets in Congress(I know, we are talking about the USA here) and repeals this worthless law.

Comment

All it means is that the clocks are adjusted forwards or backwards to increase daylight in the evenings

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
                    Daylight savings time was implemented during WWII as an energy savings measure. The idea was that those on 8-4 or 9-5 schedules would use their lights less when getting ready for work in the mornings in winter.
                    You're hurting me

DST was proposed many times over throughout history, and first implemented during World War I by Germany as a means of coal conservation. Quite a few European nations followed suit in the next year. The US adopted it in 1918. Then most abandoned it after the war concluded. Here and there it would pop back up for a time. It came back widely in WW-II due to fuel shortages.

It didn't become a permanent fixture in the west until the 1970s energy crisis.

Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
                    It is debatable as to it's actual effect saving energy but the laws were never change after the war and now we all suffer from the loss of an hour's sleep once a year. Just deal with it as a fact of life until someone with half a brain gets in Congress(I know, we are talking about the USA here) and repeals this worthless law.
                    In today's society it makes little difference in terms of energy use. However, the benefits are not from that sector...

Consumer Expenditure is increased 3% during the effects of DST.
                    Pedestrian Related Accidents are reduced 5%.
                    Traffic Fatalities are reduced 2%.
                    High-Crime Urban Areas see a reduction in Violent Crime by 4% to 13% during DST.
                    Last edited by Zorich; 11-05-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X