Crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit

HI ,can someone tell me how the crit rate thing works ?
    how much crit do i need for a certain amount of br ?

dear r2 can u please help me with this ?

Originally posted by denc0 View Post

Hello.
    I am sorry to say that the crit formula hasn't been made official.
    However,if you wish to know an estimate of your crit rate,which might be close to the real overall value,but not exactly the same,and without having to apply the formula,you can apply the basics of some tools used in certain domains like risk management let's say.
    Such a tool would be the Monte Carlo method,which in this case implies you hitting the same target for a very large amount of times,note how many crits you have,then divide that number to the amount of total hits you had,and then you get a rough estimate of your crit chance as a percentage.
    I am sorry that I could not give you the answer you wanted,but I hope that helped a bit.
    Have a nice day.

Comment

No one knows. I don't even think the developers know. You just have to raise your crit stat until you feel you are getting crit hits as much as you should. One thing known is it is effected by overall br. A 300k br player will need much more crit than a 100k br player. With a weak sylph my br is 333k today with 16k worth of crit and I'm still planning on raising it in the future. A 100k br player wouldn't need even half that much.

Comment

No one understands how crit works exactly. I am a level 52 archer with a BR of 90k and with this last gem event, I raised my crit to 8300 and I found I was getting far less crits so I went back down to about 6k. But you would think the higher the better but not in this case.
        Last edited by R262181389; 11-05-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

160 k br, 48 k patk 8 k crit for me gives 80-90% crit rate in mpd, 75-80% in pve and 80%ish in wb. Defense has to be taken into account as well, as i have noticed that upping defense and hp seems to improve crit rate....so im guessing the crit formula takes all stats into account.

Comment

hmmm , well thank you for ur response tho

Comment

Well, some of the more detailed crit information I have seen was here: http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...crit-rate.html

Keep in mind the testing done there was with a lv 80 character. There might be some other oddities at lower levels, like hitting a cap that then rolls over and resets the value back to 1... There have been other games where due to coding, once exceed certain values for stats they start functioning like they were much lower, either due to weird scaling issues or the value hitting a roll back point.

Comment

Originally posted by denc0 View Post

Fast answer is, It doesn't work. I'm at a level where adding crit seems to have the opposite effect anymore. Same with patk. Add all lvl 9 gems, and for some reason i'm getting on average 3rd less of dmg per shot

Comment

The Wartune Wiki has the following explanation of crit which I find very accurate and useful.

"Critical
                  Nobody really knows the formula for crit rate. Jacko of Kabam S24 says its 0.1*crit value. However, there has been discussion that the formula MIGHT BE (1-0.9995^crit score)*100 %. Note: When your Battle Rating rises higher and your critical points do not, you will do critical attacks less often. If that's true, then the following table shows the crit rate:"

Total Critical points Trigger Rate
                  211 10.014%
                  447 20.032%
                  714 30.028%
                  1022 40.018%
                  1386 50.001%
                  1833 60.017%
                  2408 70.009%
                  3219 80.009%
                  4605 90.004%
                  5990 95.000%
                  Last edited by Cymidei; 11-06-2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                    160 k br, 48 k patk 8 k crit for me gives 80-90% crit rate in mpd, 75-80% in pve and 80%ish in wb. Defense has to be taken into account as well, as i have noticed that upping defense and hp seems to improve crit rate....so im guessing the crit formula takes all stats into account.
                    close to same stats

162k br, 45k patk 8k crit
                    i dont really know crit rate since i run an AP/IS set up most of the time doesnt have the crit bonus like other moves
                    i notice its pretty steady in WB, around 80% crit rate
                    today however i didnt bless until after reset for the bonus
                    and my crit rate was significantly lower in wb usually i hit 4-5 APs as crit
                    i was only getting 1 or 2 today
                    crit rate the same but other stats lower

you can tell its the overall stats though, if you have ever done a full balen boost in wb you will notice you will hardly ever crit
                    it boosts stats to something like 400k hp 100k patk, 50k defenses and you still have your horrible 8k crit

another thing i noticed
                    when i was level 59 i had 7k crit ~70k br
                    i almost never crit, the mage in my group she had 3k at the time and crit way more than me
                    i had to drop it down to 4k before i started critting consistently again
                    im really comfortable with my current crit for now
                    Last edited by Brutal_Hobo; 11-06-2014, 06:18 AM.
                    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                    Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
                      The Wartune Wiki has the following explanation of crit which I find very accurate and useful.

"Critical
                      Nobody really knows the formula for crit rate. Jacko of Kabam S24 says its 0.1*crit value. However, there has been discussion that the formula MIGHT BE (1-0.9995^crit score)*100 %. Note: When your Battle Rating rises higher and your critical points do not, you will do critical attacks less often. If that's true, then the following table shows the crit rate:"

Total Critical points Trigger Rate
                      211 10.014%
                      447 20.032%
                      714 30.028%
                      1022 40.018%
                      1386 50.001%
                      1833 60.017%
                      2408 70.009%
                      3219 80.009%
                      4605 90.004%
                      5990 95.000%
                      it is totally wrong as my crit rate now is ~12000, even opponent using lvl 10 GA astral I still have 6000, but I don't crit 95% of the time

never be too serious about that wiki
                      SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                      IGN: Kimwong
                      CLASS: Knight
                      PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                      BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                      Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                        it is totally wrong as my crit rate now is ~12000, even opponent using lvl 10 GA astral I still have 6000, but I don't crit 95% of the time

never be too serious about that wiki
                        also jacko quit playing didnt he?
                        that guide would be so outdated
                        even if it was accurate for him at one stage, lots of people have surpassed him now
                        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                        Class: Archer
                        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                          even if it was accurate for him at one stage, lots of people have surpassed him now
                          to be honest, some jacko's info is totally different from my game knowledge, for example WB crit rate which I've said for many times, it caps at 80%, but still some ppl complaing "10% crit rate!" "r2 nerf the crit rate in WB again!" etc, which completely not true
                          SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                          IGN: Kimwong
                          CLASS: Knight
                          PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                          BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                          Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                            yes i heard he quit
                            as for the guide , this was before the crit nerf as well, i am pretty sure they nerfed crit after a certain maintenance/patch, probably block too

I have almost 15 k crit atm, and i am still not satisfied...

Comment

i reached 19k crit...i critted alot, but not 100%, so i bet there is a cap somewhere at 75-80%, so i just put some defense and left crit to 12.5k...which is good for pve instances, and in pvp almost par with wd 10...my 2 cents...
                              Originally posted by TheVictorious
                              Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
                              Originally posted by PunkPetal
                              Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
                              Originally posted by EdGrr
                              A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
                              IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
                              Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
                              Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
                              Class: Mage
                              Currect Br: 61????

Comment

Working...
                              X