Wartune developers know exactly what they are doing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune developers know exactly what they are doing

Before I get started, let me ask everyone something, how profitable is Wartune as a game? Most of you know the answer, very! The developers have access to science and statistics that we do not as players. For anyone that complains about an offer that seems out of touch with what the public wants, consider this...

Most medium to heavy cashers may already have Hades. But for those who have not been as lucky with drops 4999 bales is a steal! How many people bought well over this amount in boxes last event yet didn't get one? Tons on my server.

The moral of the story is, just because a particular offer does not appeal to you, or myself for that matter, does not mean it's not a great deal for someone else. Deals like these, including the recent Love Thy Mount discount, have a target audience of newer servers. Wartune developers know EXACTLY what they are doing.

#noflexzone

umm ya and for every 1 of them they sell they are losing 10 sales because people know its over price.
    So if they knew what they were doing.
    first they would improve customer service - to assist players issues
    second they would lower their over charged prices - they would sell more and in the long run make more money

if they did these 2 things they would retain more people in the game and make more money.
    Also if the word goes around that wartunes has great customer service and is an affordable game they would get more new players which equals more potential money.

as it stands now the word over the internet is wartunes has the worst customer service in online gaming and you need a 6 figure salary in order to compete.

I personally know 3 Whales (R2 term for biggest cashers) that have quit this game because of just those 2 reasons alone.
    How many more whales have quit because they got tired of being hosed.
    Last edited by Bobbodiddy; 11-05-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

this is targeted at new servers?? you mean the servers they have to merge 2 weeks after starting??

Comment

I agree, some even stated "I wont get hades/apollo before its a set price or I get lucky".

I got lucky, but if I didnt, this would most likly be my first recharge ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbodiddy View Post
          umm ya and for every 1 of them they sell they are losing 10 sales because people know its over price.
          So if they knew what they were doing.
          first they would improve customer service - to assist players issues
          second they would lower their over charged prices - they would sell more and in the long run make more money

if they did these 2 things they would retain more people in the game and make more money.
          Also if the word goes around that wartunes has great customer service and is an affordable game they would get more new players which equals more potential money.

as it stands now the word over the internet is wartunes has the worst customer service in online gaming and you need a 6 figure salary in order to compete.

I personally know 3 Whales (R2 term for biggest cashers) that have quit this game because of just those 2 reasons alone.
          How many more whales have quit because they got tired of being hosed.
          While you make some valid points it seems you have missed the point of my thread. How much data do you have to back up the fact that their sales method is inadequate? The financial reports state otherwise.

people lie, numbers don't lie.
          Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 11-06-2014, 03:24 AM. Reason: Sexist/offensive Language statement

Comment

No i agree to a newer server $50 for a hades white is a steal. But won't that affect future event sales since people won't buy the event boxes chasing the hades? I'd say R2 is losing money with this promo on future newer server sales. As well for older servers its nothing more than a passing fad now, it'd cost a small fortune to bring upto the level of your non hades sylph you've been developing for 6 months or more. I don't know why R2 has "one sale fits all" mentality to run the same promo over all servers anyhow, that doesnt make business sense at all.

My concern is the increasing cost of exchanges for mounts, currently if u get 230 candies u get a +30 stat mount..presuming a 50% chance to drop a candy per box thats 460 x $0.39 - $179.40 for a +30 mount if ur not lucky to get it to drop.. thats insane..

Comment

I agree atlas.. the small boost that mounts give are never worth the cost... yet people still cash to get them.

We set the prices, not R2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jediay View Post
                I agree atlas.. the small boost that mounts give are never worth the cost... yet people still cash to get them.

exactly.....

Comment

While you make some valid points it seems you have missed the point of my thread. How much data do you have to back up the fact that their sales method is inadequate? The financial reports state otherwise.

people lie, numbers don't lie.
                  Do you know anything about business or starting up a business? I presume you probably never taken a business course at all. It's obvious that the best way to retain customers or bring new customers to purchase your product is by treating them right. Showing that your company cares more about the customers than just money alone. Sure it's good to increase prices every once in awhile to profit but keep on increasing prices over and over. You're just going to keep the very small 2% of the population of this game in the long run. If I opened up a burger joint. One day I sold my burgers for cheap then each day increased them by a dollar. Even if the burgers are the best in the town. I won't receive much business at all due to the increase of prices. It doesn't matter that I still have some few rich people purchasing my burgers. That isn't going to sustain my income to keep the joint going. Same goes with customer service. If customer service is garbage in any organization. The likelihood of retaining the current customer base or receiving new customers is very slim to none. Word gets out your business is ignoring there customers or blantly treating them like ****. It doesn't matter that some very rich people are still purchasing your product. You will eventually lose.

These type of businesses never last long. These businesses stay for a few years at most then quickly shut down and move along. "stealing" other people's money by doing the something in another business. You already seen plenty of examples in Wartune where major cashers have quit the game, or how R2 just closes doors on other games and giving the big FU to people who played there by not giving proper refunds. If this game was hosted by a company that actually cares for there customers and offers affordable pricing. This game probably be one of the most popular and well known mmorpgs out here. The game is damn good it's just the company that runs it makes it look like ****. That's why this game is hardly known or is given terrible reviews. FYI the few hard whales that still play this game doesn't necessarily mean that the company is good business. Most of the players that are playing still are playing because they feel obligated to play for all the money they put in the game. It be a waste of money to just let go so they continue.
                  Last edited by Roblox88; 11-05-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

"We" only set them because the 2% of the whales that play this game still cash for them. R2 is pouncing on idiots that play this game. If people actually didn't buy there over price **** in the game then maybe we would actually see some decent pricing. However, for some god knows reason these whales keep on cashing despite on how stupid over price the product is. It be like selling a cookie for 10x the price of other cookies out there just because the box is more colorful. It's that stupid.

Comment

Rob, why do you feel the need to insult my intelligence without knowing anything about me?? For all you know I could be graduating in May with my MBA from Baylor (which I am). That fact, and the current state of their customer service have absolutely nothing to do with my post. You again make assumptions based off data that you feel relevant rather than facts. If you feel that 2% of people set the prices than you have no idea how supply and demand works. It is not just Whales that are eating this stuff up... you don't get to 250k+ br by not spending a decent amount of money on this game.

I am simply offering another perspective on the subject manner. Do your homework before you make another assumption off of your perception of how this game should work instead of facts.

Comment

you don't get to 250k+ br by not spending a decent amount of money on this game.
                        Well, thats not true.

Unless you have a antiapartheid way of thinking.

Comment

They do what they do well, but it would be done better easily
                          As you've said they use statistics and number who are barely correct, they don't use any human relation or feeling
                          So by working on this way you will have success during a time, then poeple will be mad

(also have to consider player will always be mad, if it's not heavy casher cause they can buy it, it will be light casher, if it's not light, it will be free, if some get for free what other can't while paying heavy casher will be mad)

But it's really simple to understand, to have more money you have to target each time once of each category, so evrybody is happy on one event, agree with one and finaly feel bad for one
                          But also they don't have time to complain about it cause they know their event will come
                          Or they can also make tryp, give tons of box cheated (witout any chance of rare drop) just to give hope and let them buy some nice things with the event items
                          There is lot of possibility to make evrybody happy and they never choose the good one

They absolutly don't know what they are doing, they try to get the max money with the best deal based on good number from other event, other reaction
                          Also even when they make good event they put a spend event after, witout giving information, it give frustration and hate from player, it's absolutly not well done

I think they are trying to do something good with what they have and they don't have a lot
                          Never see a mutiple choice question of what player want, any suggestion from them, nothing they can't make event based on our need if they don't know what we need, statistic can't give them this answer we all have different need
                          They never ask us what kind of event we would like, how we would like to change something they never make contact with us
                          Only moderator try to make the link between us, but sadly it's too poor cause of the programmer (seems moderator do all what they can, and can't do more, they don't have any power :s)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyranis666 View Post
                            They do what they do well, but it would be done better easily
                            As you've said they use statistics and number who are barely correct, they don't use any human relation or feeling
                            So by working on this way you will have success during a time, then poeple will be mad

(also have to consider player will always be mad, if it's not heavy casher cause they can buy it, it will be light casher, if it's not light, it will be free, if some get for free what other can't while paying heavy casher will be mad)

But it's really simple to understand, to have more money you have to target each time once of each category, so evrybody is happy on one event, agree with one and finaly feel bad for one
                            But also they don't have time to complain about it cause they know their event will come
                            Or they can also make tryp, give tons of box cheated (witout any chance of rare drop) just to give hope and let them buy some nice things with the event items
                            There is lot of possibility to make evrybody happy and they never choose the good one

They absolutly don't know what they are doing, they try to get the max money with the best deal based on good number from other event, other reaction
                            Also even when they make good event they put a spend event after, witout giving information, it give frustration and hate from player, it's absolutly not well done

I think they are trying to do something good with what they have and they don't have a lot
                            Never see a mutiple choice question of what player want, any suggestion from them, nothing they can't make event based on our need if they don't know what we need, statistic can't give them this answer we all have different need
                            They never ask us what kind of event we would like, how we would like to change something they never make contact with us
                            Only moderator try to make the link between us, but sadly it's too poor cause of the programmer (seems moderator do all what they can, and can't do more, they don't have any power :s)
                            I completely agree with everything you said. But I am referring to their sales and marketing strategy, not their ignorance. None of us know how many people across every server actually cashes for a specific event. This is data that they have access to that we do not.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                              Well, thats not true.

Unless you have a antiapartheid way of thinking.
                              thats DutchQueerie thinking

antidjfjwifs was a 400k br non casher
                              IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                              Class: Archer
                              Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                              Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Working...
                              X