Knight block heal vs. Mage suntora

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight block heal vs. Mage suntora

We all know Block heal is absolutely worthless now since its been nerfed to 3k hp max. So when is suntora going to be nerfed? Mages can heal 20-25k hp per action from suntora alone, not including the 3 other heals mages have. How is it fair knights can only heal 3k (if they block) but mages can heal 20k (every action) just from suntora?

We're squishy! Most of us don't have heaps of HP like Knights do and we need every form of damage mitigation we can get.

Mages are intended to be a knight's worst nightmare (same as Archers vs. Mages & Knights vs. Archers), leave us alone.
    Last edited by xEvilMunkyx; 11-12-2014, 09:00 PM.
    Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvillain View Post
      We all know Block heal is absolutely worthless now since its been nerfed to 3k hp max. So when is suntora going to be nerfed? Mages can heal 20-25k hp per action from suntora alone, not including the 3 other heals mages have. How is it fair knights can only heal 3k (if they block) but mages can heal 20k (every action) just from suntora?
      Suntoria is not a passive ability. It costs rage, has a cooldown, and only lasts for a certain amount of turns. Mages only have one real heal skill which is restoration. Blessed light is useless except in group activites and the advanced skill heal is a capped amount that takes all rage to use. Dont forget that any nerf to mage heal skills will be a negative for everyone. Since many fights come down to sylph battles suntoria is rather weak even if the heal is 20k.

Comment

I think the statement "mages don't have as high HP" is rather redundant, while maybe your initial HP is lower the fact that mages heal 2-3x per battle they more or less double the listed HP... (Yes, same with heal rune also but other classes can use it 1x in most cases)

In any case, mages really are squishy, but depends a lot on playstyle and where they focus their stats, I've beaten much higher BR mages and lost to lower BR mages (though no idea if with or w/o dryads, but w/e)

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
          I think the statement "mages don't have as high HP" is rather redundant, while maybe your initial HP is lower the fact that mages heal 2-3x per battle they more or less double the listed HP... (Yes, same with heal rune also but other classes can use it 1x in most cases)
          A valid point, but those 2-3 heals per battle are what make our class work. If our heals get nerfed our class gets broken. The nerf to block heal (while maybe a bit excessive) is more inconvenient than class-breaking.
          Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

For all the whinning certain Knights make about block healing being broken it just strikes me that these players are the type that refuse to adapt. They're just spoiled little children who had their favorite toy taken away and now they want to make all the other kids just as miserable by taking away their favorite toys. Don't get me wrong as a knight I totally enjoyed the game breaking free heals but you learn to move on and adapt.

In my case I'm using the Enhanced Regeneration astral, granted the heal is @10% trigger rate and capped at 50k HP but when it triggers that 50k HP does a damn sight more for me than block healing. It's the new normal. Adapt or die...

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
              A valid point, but those 2-3 heals per battle are what make our class work. If our heals get nerfed our class gets broken. The nerf to block heal (while maybe a bit excessive) is more inconvenient than class-breaking.
              Yeah I don't disagree, I find fighting mages in BG either most fun or most frustrating, archers are just meh boring, either stronger and kill or sucky and die, but with mages there's at least this level of uncertainty if they'll heal before you kill them or heal five times before you kill them. Keeps you on your toes.

Comment

Originally posted by R29016091 View Post
                For all the whinning certain Knights make about block healing being broken it just strikes me that these players are the type that refuse to adapt. They're just spoiled little children who had their favorite toy taken away and now they want to make all the other kids just as miserable by taking away their favorite toys. Don't get me wrong as a knight I totally enjoyed the game breaking free heals but you learn to move on and adapt.

In my case I'm using the Enhanced Regeneration astral, granted the heal is @10% trigger rate and capped at 50k HP but when it triggers that 50k HP does a damn sight more for me than block healing. It's the new normal. Adapt or die...
                Agree on that, the max 3k is a bit low compared to the heal other classes have, but there's others way like the astral to get some heal.
                I only got 4k heal out of block before the nerf, so im used to play without the huge advantage it used to be, but still blocking on 80% on hits, more or less, it all adds up.

Comment

Knights get 20% HP Shield, 30% damage reduction shield, and rage drain. Rank 1 Intercept is rune speed from what I've used of it on my knight and it always hits players only now.

Each class has it's niche in the game. So can't really just take 2 skills and compare them when one is a passive that can happen every time you block since blocking is also ~30% Damage reduction from my tests of it and a skill that has a cooldown, rage cost, and can be purged off.

Heal rune at max Adv Heal is 50% life which is basically what is mages Restoration when it doesn't crit. Even with 15k Crit Rating my Restoration sometimes doesn't crit heal me, hopefully the Crit+Pen Adv Astral comes out soon for another almost 2k Crit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvillain View Post
                    when gem event comes get a lv4 purge rune shut the hell up
                    whats next? complaining how mages RoF troups to death and u need 3-4 hits to kill them? l2p

Comment

3k hp cap stoooopid thing ive ever seen not like were healing 40k+hp each block atm sure its gonna raise when you get more hp later on but so is suntora for mages all that aside you want a solution max ya chaos sure they could just puri it but thts just another skill they gotta swap in to this date i cant even recall a mage that i have gone against in bg even using it lol

Comment

this thread reminds me of the time i was in bg, and some knight started crying and cussing out a mage for healing, and how he would of won if the mage didnt heal
                        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                        Class: Archer
                        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

hmmm my question to the topic starter
                          why did u choose to be a knight ???

Comment

Actually as Archer the problem is when the mage does crit-heal-resto him/herself for 250k+ woot, lol.
                            Suntoria is fine (neither i'm arguing against resto and crit healing that was an example).
                            East coast archer.

Comment

question is, not mage's sunt too OP (and I warn you don't nerf it!), just our block heal too useless, so in this case you should ask r2 to add back block heal instead of asking r2 to nerf mage
                              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                              IGN: Kimwong
                              CLASS: Knight
                              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Working...
                              X