Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Assistance needed in resolving an ongoing ticket issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance needed in resolving an ongoing ticket issue

Good afternoon, mods.

I'm hoping for a bit of assistance. Ticket #209036403. The merged servers, including 79 and 86, have been experiencing an ongoing issue with an individual who will not stop spamming with invitations to various dungeons and arena. I've been a very loud proponent of ticket submission.

The R2 solution has been to block all invitations from all players to avoid 15 invites in under 5 minutes from one individual. (EDIT: Sometimes the invitations come more quickly than I can reject or turn off my invitations. I don't know how he invites that quickly.)

I've turned off invitations to some extent. Then I forget to turn invites off again after accepting guild member invites, and I'm spammed all over again. Unfortunately, I've begun finding a sick sense of pleasure in going into the room, refusing to press the start button and forcing him to kick me in those instances. I acknowledge that I should turn my invites off when I've forgotten to do so, but after weeks of this, I've had it.

The server experience has devolved to ongoing postings of his coordinates in World Chat by multiple players and discussion of who will be next to plunder his city. He won't stop. Heavier cash players on the server are publicly asking him to stop. I've screen captured it and added to the ticket.

A blacklist button that worked for invitations in addition to blocking PMs would alleviate the problem, but since it doesn't function in that manner, additional help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Swinella; 11-15-2014, 05:57 PM.
    IGN: Swinella
    Class: Mage
    lvl: 80
    BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
    Server: Kabam s79
    Completely free player. No VIP.

True this needs to stop, getting 6 invites in 10 seconds is madness and why do we have to turn on our rejects just for one person
    IGN: princestewii
    Class: Archer
    Server: Kabam 86

Comment

I know how that feels. Had a guy that would spam the **** out of everyone on the server with invites even when we would tell him to stop. Please help Swinella out and put a stop to players like that.

Comment

Just start accepting the invites. I'm usually clicking other stuff when it pops up and gets in my way, so I hit accept and go about my business. 20 min later they're still asking if I'm ready for DI...oh, sorry, someone must have spamvited me....bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggythewiz View Post
          Just start accepting the invites. I'm usually clicking other stuff when it pops up and gets in my way, so I hit accept and go about my business. 20 min later they're still asking if I'm ready for DI...oh, sorry, someone must have spamvited me....bye.
          He's been spam inviting for over 5 months now even if you tell him to stop in over 12 different languages. The fact that he even kick those who he feels is too weak makes the spam never end
          IGN: princestewii
          Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Does anyone accept his invitations? It doesn't help if people feed him/her.
            Usually just noobs doing it and they know to stop when no one comes for them.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
              Does anyone accept his invitations? It doesn't help if people feed him/her.
              Usually just noobs doing it and they know to stop when no one comes for them.
              He's not new and came onto my radar after a server merge. Unfortunately, there are individuals who will occasionally help him just to make the spamming stop for the day. It continued in excess of two hours yesterday with a break for sylph boss--I'm unsure of how much longer, as I was AFK at about 2:15 of the invitations.

It started yesterday just before I left a Wilds run with a couple of guildies. I turned off invites for awhile. I turned invitations back on to receive an invitation to help someone who had gotten stuck in a dungeon--I received the first invitation from Sir Spamsalot before I got theirs. Within 15 seconds of exiting the help run in the dungeon, the invitations began again. *Reject, reject, reject* (3-4 back to back more quickly than I can reject.) Pause 1-2 minutes, and the next batch of invitations is incoming. Wash, rinse, repeat. He goes from MPD to Spire to TOK to Arena and cycles through repeatedly when he's not getting assistance.

For purposes of full disclosure, I intentionally chose to not click the settings checkbox to reject invitations after exiting the MPD help run. Intent was to document a fresh experience vs. using historical complaints for this thread.
              Last edited by Swinella; 11-16-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swinella View Post
                Good afternoon, mods.

I'm hoping for a bit of assistance. Ticket #209036403.

That is not an R2 Games ticket number. On which platform are you playing?
                "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post

looks like the character number they give
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                    Thank you for the response. You're correct. I did pull the wrong number from the email. Case #: 201475.

Comment

Originally posted by Swinella View Post
                      Good afternoon, mods.

I'm hoping for a bit of assistance. Ticket #209036403. The merged servers, including 79 and 86, have been experiencing an ongoing issue with an individual who will not stop spamming with invitations to various dungeons and arena. I've been a very loud proponent of ticket submission.

The R2 solution has been to block all invitations from all players to avoid 15 invites in under 5 minutes from one individual. (EDIT: Sometimes the invitations come more quickly than I can reject or turn off my invitations. I don't know how he invites that quickly.)

I've turned off invitations to some extent. Then I forget to turn invites off again after accepting guild member invites, and I'm spammed all over again. Unfortunately, I've begun finding a sick sense of pleasure in going into the room, refusing to press the start button and forcing him to kick me in those instances. I acknowledge that I should turn my invites off when I've forgotten to do so, but after weeks of this, I've had it.

The server experience has devolved to ongoing postings of his coordinates in World Chat by multiple players and discussion of who will be next to plunder his city. He won't stop. Heavier cash players on the server are publicly asking him to stop. I've screen captured it and added to the ticket.

A blacklist button that worked for invitations in addition to blocking PMs would alleviate the problem, but since it doesn't function in that manner, additional help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
                      Unfriend....kick from the guild ....and block that person...I think that can solve the problem...instead of ticket.....

Comment

Originally posted by KARNO123 View Post
                        Unfriend....kick from the guild ....and block that person...I think that can solve the problem...instead of ticket.....
                        1) Not a friend. Never been on the list, actually.
                        2) He has been with another guild.
                        3) Oddly, he actually just attempted to join the guild a few minutes ago. That's not happening.
                        4) Has been blocked for ages, which doesn't help with the invites to MPD, Spire, TOK, etc. or party invites.

EDIT: He's now applied to the guild 4 additional times since his initial application was rejected just prior to this post. While I'm finding immense pleasure in kicking him, this is a bit ridiculous.
                        Last edited by Swinella; 11-16-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

If he's being accepted then you need to reconsider your guild officers until this ends.

Comment

Working...
                          X