Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

block gems for archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]114148[/ATTACH]

    a little low in level, but these are probably the astrals i recommend for archers
    my br dropped, but i have gotten a lot stronger in both pve and pvp situations
    Pretty much the same setup as I have, except I still keep m def astral for now. soon I will trade for GA astral.
    Edit: as for block gems, I don't recommend unless you can get above 10k block. Block doesn't proc well in PVP. It's very nice though for PVE. So if you don't have decent def, or HP don't swap for block.
    IGN: AncientEvil
    Server: EU-271+merged
    Class: Archer
    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
      Hi guys,

      Recently I saw that some of the top archers are using block gems and/or block stats in their 80 sets. Currently I am using HP, CRIT, PDEF and PATK gems. But I was thinking on changing PDEF for BLOCK. What do you think? If I get a high % of dodge, it would compensate for the loss in PDEF, and that dodge would be for both physical and magical attacks

      Do you think it could be a good idea? or just keep my PDEF and forget about block for archers?

      thanks for any opinions
      Hello.
      From what I have noticed on some archers,is that they sometimes replace some crit gems with block.This is obviously for the archers that have enough crit,so they can afford to drop some.
      If you are thinking to replace one of the other gems,let's say pdef,you will need to think about how much extra damage you will receive from that,and test if the trigger rate of the block is worth it.
      Since there are no official formulas about block,pdef etc,if you want a very accurate answer about this,you will need to test it yourself
      Hope I was of some help,take care.

      Comment


      • #18
        I have no block gem in my set, I use PATK, MDEF and PDEF on all my equipment which leaves me only one gem per equipment to choose from and I went about 50/50 between crit and hp. I like it that way. I also use MDEF/PDEF astras.

        I'm not a typical archer, although my PATK is over 80k, my pdef and mdef are pretty much the same and both around 69k. I prefer a balanced archer.

        I found the block gems to be useless. I do have a block astra however.

        My BR is about 355k right now.

        Comment


        • #19
          Block greater than 5k is very little noticeable difference in the amount of blocking. As an archer, you should look at what stats you are weaker in compared to other classes. For example, archers get 20% more crit but lose about 20% more pdef than knights and about 20% more mdef than mages. Therefore, what I would suggest is 8 Patk, 8 HP, 6 Pdef, 6 Mdef, 4 Crit. While for mages i would suggest 8 Matk, 8 HP, 8 Pdef, 8 Crit, And finally for knights, I 'd suggest 8 Patk, 8 HP, 8 Mdef, 8 Crit. These are the most balanced gems for each class both pve, and pvp.
          Last edited by OhBummer; 11-17-2014, 09:28 PM. Reason: fasfasd

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
            Block greater than 5k is very little noticeable difference in the amount of blocking. As an archer, you should look at what stats you are weaker in compared to other classes. For example, archers get 20% more crit but lose about 20% more pdef than knights and about 20% more mdef than mages. Therefore, what I would suggest is 8 Patk, 8 HP, 6 Pdef, 6 Mdef, 4 Crit. While for mages i would suggest 8 Matk, 8 HP, 8 Pdef, 8 Crit, And finally for knights, I 'd suggest 8 Patk, 8 HP, 8 Mdef, 8 Crit. These are the most balanced gems for each class both pve, and pvp.

            i'll pass that on to my g.m ewd knight
            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
            Class: Archer
            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

            Guild: Black Lotus
            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mentor_Alex View Post
              Since there are no official formulas about block,pdef etc,if you want a very accurate answer about this,you will need to test it yourself
              Hope I was of some help,take care.
              Actually the atack/def formula is pretty much known, as in HP trumps def. So if a player thinks of switching to block gems, best option would be to switch from crit or def, never HP gems.
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
                I have no block gem in my set, I use PATK, MDEF and PDEF on all my equipment which leaves me only one gem per equipment to choose from and I went about 50/50 between crit and hp. I like it that way. I also use MDEF/PDEF astras.

                I'm not a typical archer, although my PATK is over 80k, my pdef and mdef are pretty much the same and both around 69k. I prefer a balanced archer.

                I found the block gems to be useless. I do have a block astra however.

                My BR is about 355k right now.
                your build is a pvp one, block is not useless in fact it is better for pve, as bosses attack stat skyrocket, the amount of def you can add to your char to survive/or counter the damage you recieve, it isnt as effectives as the percentage decrease from block, also in pve most of the time only half of your def is active where as block can defend regardless of attack nature whether magical or physical
                having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                  i'll pass that on to my g.m ewd knight
                  lol brutal hobo cheeky as ever lol
                  having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X