Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block gems for archers

Hi guys,

Recently I saw that some of the top archers are using block gems and/or block stats in their 80 sets. Currently I am using HP, CRIT, PDEF and PATK gems. But I was thinking on changing PDEF for BLOCK. What do you think? If I get a high % of dodge, it would compensate for the loss in PDEF, and that dodge would be for both physical and magical attacks

Do you think it could be a good idea? or just keep my PDEF and forget about block for archers?

thanks for any opinions

since all my gems are level 8 i have
    8 hp
    8 patk
    8 pdef
    8 mdef
    8 crit
    8 block
    and i swap them in and out for what i need
    however when im doing pvp
    i usually have
    8 hp
    8 patk
    4 crit
    6 block
    3 pdef
    3 mdef

the block is awesome
    it cuts the attack by more than half of its usual damage
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Block is good, but only when you can get a lot of it. With penetration, I wouldn't bother unless you can hit 11k or higher (I also don't really care for the block astral, but since we don't have crit+pen or def+def yet, probs doesn't matter).

Comment

go block gems only when your astrals for both mdef & pdef are lvl 8+ at least.
        “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

ty all. I guess I will try to improve my astrals (lvl 7 now) and prepare to use some block gems (I have enough lvl 8 HP gems to convert to 8 block gems without any problem)

Comment

block is the superior defense stat of pve, reducing a set 25% damage if proc and it works no matter what nature of attack you recive, unlike p.def and m.def where one is completely useless at times, what you should do is chose a build pvp favours, p.def is the way to go, pve block is way way better so its really whether your gonna build pve or pvp
            having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

I'm curious to know at which lvl should I start using block gems since I use 8 patk, 7 pdef, 7 mdef, 8 crit and 2 hp gems
              IGN: princestewii
              Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                I'm curious to know at which lvl should I start using block gems since I use 8 patk, 7 pdef, 7 mdef, 8 crit and 2 hp gems
                when i was level 50 i used
                8patk
                8pdef
                8mdef
                8 crit

i later learned i had too much crit, so i swapped 4 crit for 4 block gems

as i levelled up more the block slowly turned into hp

and it stayed that way, now i run what i posted originally
                your gems,astrals all depend on your kind of character build
                my build is kinda basically all luck for some reason, i didnt intend that but it is

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                  when i was level 50 i used
                  8patk
                  8pdef
                  8mdef
                  8 crit

i later learned i had too much crit, so i swapped 4 crit for 4 block gems

as i levelled up more the block slowly turned into hp

and it stayed that way, now i run what i posted originally
                  your gems,astrals all depend on your kind of character build
                  my build is kinda basically all luck for some reason, i didnt intend that but it is
                  I see, maybe I should try your style to see if it will work for me in both pve and pvp since I'm getting hit way too hard at times and is a crit of 7k good enough since that is what I currently have
                  IGN: princestewii
                  Server: Kabam 86

Comment

my current build is 8 patack 5 pdefence 5 magic defence 6 crit ( will get rid of one after hof event due to having way to much crit still 16.5k ) and 8 block gems giving me 13k block this builds still being played with and will change next unlimited gem event i proberly block at least 70% of atacks in bg's its super usefull and on rare ocasions like yesturday ill block every hit in an entire fight.

edit: im 247k currently and on odd ocasions when someone forgets to change formation i can tank spire all the way to 21 without much issue
                    Last edited by bcdaedalus; 11-17-2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdGrr View Post
                      go block gems only when your astrals for both mdef & pdef are lvl 8+ at least.
                      people still use these astras? got rid of them a long while ago for some orange ones as they really are not worth what they give

Comment

Originally posted by bcdaedalus View Post
                        people still use these astras? got rid of them a long while ago for some orange ones as they really are not worth what they give

Click image for larger version

Name:	astrals.png
Views:	1
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	1701437

a little low in level, but these are probably the astrals i recommend for archers
                        my br dropped, but i have gotten a lot stronger in both pve and pvp situations

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]114148[/ATTACH]

a little low in level, but these are probably the astrals i recommend for archers
                          my br dropped, but i have gotten a lot stronger in both pve and pvp situations
                          why is ur regen on a slot u can upgrade and ur god is in the slot u can't upgrade?

Comment

As archer there is 16 gems you can't change (8HP and 8 PATK (cause we have passive who give 20%more hp and 15%more patk))
                            Also our patk must be the highest as possible if we want to have a chance against mage/knight and decent award in pve content

The 16 left is up to you
                            4mdef, 4pdef, 4crit, 4 block is the base mixte for pve/pvp
                            Then you can swap some on your need, before pdef/mdef was usefull cause of the low patk/matk from other player (when the top player was around 30-40k patk or matk
                            With sylph, mdef was kinda useless, taking a 400k or a 360K don't change a lot, you are still dead
                            Now with high resist mdef is not useless, but not worthy at all either
                            As we don't have increase mdef like mage or increase pdef as knight, but take some pdef from strenght we can have one less gems in pdef than mdef to keep the balance
                            Same higher your gems are, worst the crit is

So depend on your gems lvl you can drop one pdef and 2-3 crit gems for block (block is kinda really nice cause, before damage was around 5K-15k, take 25% less wasn't the best deal, you can lower the damage for barely the same amount on each hit with pdef/mdef) but now as damage are far away better (50K-500k human/sylph) few block make huge diffence, in pve and in pvp

So for me (it's personnal, i think evrybody make what he need) but for me the good deal (specialy with the new advanced soul seal) is :
                            8 Patk
                            8 HP
                            6 Block
                            4 Crit
                            3 Mdef
                            3 Pdef

For hobo the astral depend on your opponent only
                            Regen is good only if you are stronger than your opponent (or in pve it's really good, but not in pvp)
                            Deflect is good only if you are weaker than your opponent
                            The dodge is only about luck, but help only if your opponent is stronger

Why? Cause try your regen against alci, you'll get healed by 3k cause you won't hit her hard enough, but she'll deflect 50k if deflect proc
                            Same dodge an arrow strike from a low br at 4k is useless, but a delphic sniper from alci at 300k or some delphic from sylph is really a good things ^^

The other trouble of these astrals is the low tiggering rate (10%)
                            So it's not happening in each fight, for me it's situational, only 2 orange astral can't never be missed (Damage reduc on an upgradable slot !!!!!!!!!!!!, and damage crit increase, also in upgradable slot)

Then 2 other can be choose with your BR (if you are a bit weaker than the average of all archer deflect is good, if you are an average archer or a bit higher, regeneratoin is good) for pvp
                            For pve only regeneration is good at any br
                            The dodge one is a gamble you can take at high lvl it can be 20% (on the paper, but after some math it seems it's only around 5-7% so not that great as it's say) but if it was working as it's supposed to work could be probaly one of the best astral any class ^^

In the other hand mdef and pdef astral give only 2K on each, lower the damage by 1k-2k, but on each hit at 100% chance (it's also give a bit more br we need for this hof ^^)

Same for hp, it was nice at the time we had 50k hp, now 5k more .... ^^
                            So up to you as often in this game
                            Last edited by Makenshisensei; 11-17-2014, 02:57 AM.
                            Noob Archer, Low Br, Can't complete anything, Useless ..... but still here on S181

Comment

Interesting thread. Good tips. I get all my block from the astral (my astrals suck so let's not go there). But I block quite often. I used to never block, so it's a big difference for me. Doesn't help against sylph delphics and knight delphics (dead anyway), but it helps with most attacks. I will try some block gems sometime. Just not sure what to give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X