Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guardian rune is over powered and block heal vs suntora and mage heals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian rune is over powered and block heal vs suntora and mage heals

Guardian rune is extremely over powered, and especially in the hands of a mage. That is just a fact. Knights need their block heal back, or mage heals need to be nerfed, at least suntora, and archers just plain need nerfed all together. Not being able to heal in fire temple as a knight plays a huge problem. Archers have bloodthirsty strike to heal, guardian rune(max -50% dmg) and incendiary shot for another -30% dmg(with max talent can be done every 20 secs). Mages have guardian rune(-50 dmg at max) and 4 heal spells. Knights, the class that is supposed to be able to sustain damage only has apollo shield (-30% dmg and can only be cast every 60 secs), and no way to heal now that block heal has been demolished. Seriously knights are a joke now, and the only people that argue that are the ones that like having a clear advantage and dont want to lose it. If you dont believe me, when is the last time you heard anyone say, 'we need a knight for this party'? Im betting is been a long time.

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    if someone throws a guardian, throw an amnesia
    that will cutout their sylph attacks while you can still get minimal damage in

Leave a comment:

• R27355993
    replied
    IMO guardian rune cannot be scattered, but it's really up to the mage to time it right in battle. so like any other rune, it's only as good as the player. that being said i'd like to reply to the other types of posts:

1. Knight is very good later in game, and mages are not as strong with weaker troops
    2. Later stages of the game it's really up to the player and style - the guardian rune is just like any other rune, nothing more and nothing less
    3. Same rules still apply, archers make swiss cheeze out of mages all things being equal
    4. Mages can outheal a battle with knight, this is the only way they can win against a knight
    5. If a knight switches to an aegis or patk sylph (herc is not as effective against mage) then all things being equal the mage will lose

Leave a comment:

• fenrir67
    replied
    Originally posted by DanteMugetsu View Post
    i agree with ur post, but guardian rune cant be scattered...but u can cast a bleed attack or something or use a shield or whatever, there are always ways to counter anyone in this game...
    Didnt know that it couldnt be scattered, description doesn't mention it (atleast the non-evolved guardian rune)

The game changes, and the key is to adapt to it, it keeps your mind fresh and can be fun to try to change strategies

Leave a comment:

• b4bylon
    replied
    use purge rune ....

Leave a comment:

• DanteMugetsu
    replied
    Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
    knights heal did got nerfed, imo as a mage pretty bad. but what's the main differences?
    Block heal is passive, works all the time
    its part of block, which knights do more, which reduces dmg received.

Sunto is an active skill and has to be used to achieve the buff
    Sunto can be scattered (scatter rune as well, maybe you could use it?)
    sunto requires 30 rage, which needs 2 turns to build up so mages can attack less.

So overall i think you forget that knights still block, which reduces dmg. Knights get least dmg from most classes and have high hp.
    Mages have 4 heal skills, which mostly only restoration is the best. We cant put up 4 heal skills, its boring and time wasting to try to outlive a battle like that.

In overall i think that the problem is that you dont know how to adapt to the new situation. Why not use iris or the evolve of that thing, purge rune, try to time intercept when you expect the mage to heal etc.
    In an equally matched game between classes, the strongest sylph wins anyway.

Regarding guardian rune:
    the dmg reduction is high at high level, at low level its... mediocre. but the most important aspect is that it lasts only 2 turns and MAYBE it can be scattered (purge rune remember?). Otherwise you can time your attacks, it's not hard to circumvent guardian rune
    i agree with ur post, but guardian rune cant be scattered...but u can cast a bleed attack or something or use a shield or whatever, there are always ways to counter anyone in this game...

Leave a comment:

• fenrir67
    replied
    knights heal did got nerfed, imo as a mage pretty bad. but what's the main differences?
    Block heal is passive, works all the time
    its part of block, which knights do more, which reduces dmg received.

Sunto is an active skill and has to be used to achieve the buff
    Sunto can be scattered (scatter rune as well, maybe you could use it?)
    sunto requires 30 rage, which needs 2 turns to build up so mages can attack less.

So overall i think you forget that knights still block, which reduces dmg. Knights get least dmg from most classes and have high hp.
    Mages have 4 heal skills, which mostly only restoration is the best. We cant put up 4 heal skills, its boring and time wasting to try to outlive a battle like that.

In overall i think that the problem is that you dont know how to adapt to the new situation. Why not use iris or the evolve of that thing, purge rune, try to time intercept when you expect the mage to heal etc.
    In an equally matched game between classes, the strongest sylph wins anyway.

Regarding guardian rune:
    the dmg reduction is high at high level, at low level its... mediocre. but the most important aspect is that it lasts only 2 turns and MAYBE it can be scattered (purge rune remember?). Otherwise you can time your attacks, it's not hard to circumvent guardian rune

Leave a comment:

• R210326811
    replied
    tell all about it... sigh.

Leave a comment:

• sweetwaters
    replied
    Quit whinning just avoid the class which is knights

Leave a comment:

• Sekushiiiiii
    replied
    what im trying to say is every class can be tanky and critty.but only one class that can be tanky+critty+heal+heal.

Leave a comment:

• KINGQQQQ
    replied
    patk/matk sylphs do matter. In bg when im fighting mages with my herc takes more time to kill them.

Leave a comment:

• R27355993
    replied
    Originally posted by R21696094 View Post
    I played all 3 and stayed only with mage. Is the must fun class to play with. What makes mages now a bit better pvp is most players pvp (around 75%) use matk slyphs(herc, athena and iris) and we mages have nice mdef. I see in group arena which i do with knight and two archers i dont have any light resistance on me but cause my mdef is almost double of what they have when strong athena nukes us they die or almost die while i lose 50% of hp. That is main thing mages still do well pvp if most players would use patk slyphs we would be doomed.
    I also have a mage, but chose knight as my main. it's really up to the player which character they wish to specialize and what they like best. mages have big advantages early in game but those lessen as you lvl up. strong athenas = orange = cashier, so this applies to any class

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sekushiiiiii View Post
    matk/patk sylphs didnt affect the battle much,mahra and sepulcrums+toon stats affect more.use balens for gold maps/res crystals n prob solved. as for guardian rune,everyone can use it so no need to discuss bout guardian rune. now,to counter mages healing skills,archers and knights can use balens to...buy a healing skill?? cant? i thought balens will solve every prob....

knights can't use it
    thats what the thread is about

Leave a comment:

• Sekushiiiiii
    replied
    matk/patk sylphs didnt affect the battle much,mahra and sepulcrums+toon stats affect more.use balens for gold maps/res crystals n prob solved. as for guardian rune,everyone can use it so no need to discuss bout guardian rune. now,to counter mages healing skills,archers and knights can use balens to...buy a healing skill?? cant? i thought balens will solve every prob....

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
    Admit it that he`s doing way better than R2`s event descriptions.
    that part is true

Leave a comment:

Working...
X