No announcement yet.

Class Wars on Thanksgiving, Seriously?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone celebrates thanks giving/xmas/midsummer eve/etc.. Even new years isnt at the same time in certain countries.
    Can't please 'em all.

Comment

Originally posted by Raizura View Post
      So, I've heard from a few different people that Wartune is having Class Wars on Thanksgiving. What I don't understand is why they would even consider this. First of all they are going to lose a **** load of money because of the people not participating that usually buy pots and scrolls. Second, they could have made it this week or just a different day of next week like Friday. I think it's just another slap in the face for all of the people that play the game in the US due to what that day represents.
      Hello.
      I am sorry to hear that CW will interfere with your schedule,but for massive online games,it's hard to add events to fit everyone's schedule.
      Even more,not all countries or regions have thanksgiving.
      Hopefully your dinner will end early and you will be able to vanquish your foes!
      If not,I wish you the best of luck next month.
      Take care.

Comment

I still remembre those thursdays my team was playing for the UEFA Europa Cup. Having to keep na eye in each screen was really tough multitasking XD
        It was in heaven when they listened to me and qualified for the Champions League, now it doesn't disturb me in CW preliminairies anymore.
        Maybe you could talk to the Turkey's Union and they'll change the roast for the next day ...

JBird
        Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
        Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
        One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

soo, problem here is you will loose out on cw as a holiday happens to be on same day. buuhuu.
          how about us europeans, or oceanic players that loose out on stuff weekly thaks to maintenances.

live with it, its a bloody game, go eat the turkey, be with family an skip a day...an stop whining on irrelevant cupcakes
          Kabam -57 Archer
          Kabam -67 Knight
          Non casher and proud of it.

Comment

..........ah..........class wars a.k.a cash wars alias luck wars
            Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
            Maximizeâ„¢
            Guess whose back with trouble?
            ©S174

Comment

Sucks for us here in USA, most will be busy with family or otherwise occupied. Good break for us and good money loss for Wartune....US does make up the most significant portion of players on the servers I've seen.

Haters gonna hate anybody who says they are from US and act like "Hedgehog Independence Day" in Ecuador is just as significant. Get real, you are making stupid arguments and making yourself look stupid in the process.

So everybody just chill the Cupcake out about this one. US players enjoy your family time, Turkey-day, US football on TV and good company. The rest of you, enjoy your Thanksgiving outfits and Turkey packs which honor our insignificant little holiday.
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 11-20-2014, 07:57 AM.
              Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                The rest of you, enjoy your Thanksgiving outfits and Turkey packs which honor our insignificant little holiday.
                The fact you think those ingame features honor your holiday is so naive. They just use the name which is a little better than "November event item", "Shiny November Sword" or "Big Box of November poo".

But then again its hard for americans to comprehend that the world doesnt revolve around the USA, and especially on the Internet no one gives a flying cupcake where are you from.
                THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                  and especially on the Internet no one gives a flying cupcake where are you from.

i come from Australia and i pick up internet girls with my accent
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Sucks for us here in USA
                    Yup, the rest of the world knows that for a few decade's tho.

Comment

The fact you think those ingame features honor your holiday is so naive. They just use the name which is a little better than "November event item", "Shiny November Sword" or "Big Box of November poo".

But then again its hard for americans to comprehend that the world doesnt revolve around the USA, and especially on the Internet no one gives a flying cupcake where are you from.
                      Lol...I've lived outside the US for the last 7 years and traveled to about 30+ foreign countries....trust me, the world still does revolve around the USA. Not necessarily in the best ways, but it does.

Perhaps "honor" was the wrong choice of word, but they certainly aren't picking Durga Puja as a monthly theme. They are focusing on the holidays and events surrounding the biggest player base; the same player base that gets cupcaked with the timing this month.

Just wait for UEFA finals or world cup finals landing on the same time as class wars and see how the minority here would suddenly start crying "unfair".

Comment

Lol...I've lived outside the US for the last 7 years and traveled to about 30+ foreign countries....trust me, the world still does revolve around the USA. Not necessarily in the best ways, but it does.

Perhaps "honor" was the wrong choice of word, but they certainly aren't picking Durga Puja as a monthly theme. They are focusing on the holidays and events surrounding the biggest player base; the same player base that gets cupcaked with the timing this month.

Just wait for UEFA finals or world cup finals landing on the same time as class wars and see how the minority here would suddenly start crying "unfair".
                        You mean like this years World championship? You can visit the thread and see how people act.

Also we had Chinese New Year themed event, still i think not many chinese play here on r2 platform.

Edit: Just noticed the word "minority" you used......yep the world revolves around the US, everyone laughs at them and think americans are ignorant and dumb
                        Last edited by daunapu; 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM.
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

No it really doesnt.

Sure, because watching a game and do CW at same time is so incredible hard, you have to be a minority for that.

Comment

You mean like this years World championship? You can visit the thread and see how people act.

Also we had Chinese New Year themed event, still i think not many chinese play here on r2 platform.

Edit: Just noticed the word "minority" you used......yep the world revolves around the US, everyone laughs at them and think americans are ignorant and dumb
                            I laugh at people from the US and think they are ignorant and dumb...but here is the key....I know who to laugh at and I know how many intelligent, cultured, amazing people are there. You generalize that it is "Americans". That makes you ignorant and dumb for assuming everybody in the US is the same. Or it just makes me lucky to have seen so much of the world to know not to judge millions or hundreds of millions of people based on a small fraction of the population.

Also, turn on your television, drive down your street, look at the restaurants and cars you pass, turn on the radio, go see a movie, go buy some clothes, check the price of oil or your foreign exchange rates. I'm not trying to be arrogant here....the world still revolves around the USA and our movies, music, food, style, and monetary system surrounds you, even if you are stubborn and won't admit it. You just reminded me of a guy I saw making fun of the USA while he was wearing a NY Yankees hat and dressed like a wannabe rapper...loves our style and imitates it but then insults it.

What operating system are you using? Oh where was that created? Quick, Google a non-US operating system to claim you use. Oh wait, Google is US too. Better find an non-US search engine to use on your laptop with an Intel processor.

Seriously...just trying to point out here...you can't avoid the influence of the USA and they clearly still have more influence over the shape of this world than any other nation. No question.
                            Last edited by CrizzyB; 11-20-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                              No it really doesnt.

Sure, because watching a game and do CW at same time is so incredible hard, you have to be a minority for that.
                              First: See above.
                              Second: Huh? (Minority as I used it means a minority of the player base, as the majority isn't big into international football). Also, watching a game and doing CW is somewhat hard, since many prefer not to sit at home for the event, but instead go party with friends or out to bars, therefore choosing to skip CW. And I do recall a whole lot crying about the timings previously.

Comment

instead go party with friends or out to bars, therefore choosing to skip CW. And I do recall a whole lot crying about the timings previously.

**** ur alcohol im gonna play wartune
                                IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                                Class: Archer
                                Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                                Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                                but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Working...
                                X