Sacred Fire Temple / Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacred Fire Temple / Nightmare

When I eventually read of the new "advanced" battleground known as Sacred Fire Temple, I was excited to have something new to do.

That excitement vanished a mere few days after it opening.

The rewards for placing higher in SFT are sought after immensely, considering a large number of us have maxed out our Soul Engraving and are eager to start collecting Soul Seals for advancement. Unfortunately, the game itself has become a madhouse to scramble not only for those rewards but to BLOCK other players from getting them. The only two available places (not including Hot Event rewards) to get these Soul Seals are from Atoll Boss Rewards (only 1st place) and SFT.

My problem with this is that you find that the higher BR people will enter SFT ALL DAY LONG and secure top rewards even if they cannot claim them. This is done in an effort that they will ensure that no one else gets them but them. This is causing a very high disadvantage for other people who may be able to redeem those rewards if those higher BR people have simply finished their BG and stop doing them.....but we know that they don't and won't.

My suggestion is fixing it so that you can only enter BG/SFT the amount of attempts that you have. Once you complete two BG, you are done for the day, giving OTHER players the opportunity to earn those higher rewards, instead of being blocked constantly by the same people over and over. These are usually the same people that have also maxed out their honor and are simply killing for titles, fun, and/or to block other people from gaining rewards.

I am in a guild with over 100+ active players and I have yet to hear ONE person say they like SFT. Everyone actually dreads it, and honestly, there is a reason to, unless you're massive BR that can take on every person you encounter (and if you are kudos to you, you've probably killed me a few times as well).
    Last edited by Tocksy; 11-24-2014, 03:11 AM.
    Server: S55 US WEST
    Character Name: Tocksik
    Guild: Sanctuary
    Class: Archer
    BR: 1,856,491
    Lvl: 80
    Current Title: Balenor's Sweetheart

I am low br, and I love sacred flame temple. I've snatched 3rd place even. and had sacred flame at end once.

There's different strats you can use. these are the things I do:

Look the list before it starts, if I find 3 or more that I can beat, I focus on attacking those 3 players, try and find a tower they come back to. this way you rack up points while in fight and while waiting for one.

if it is less, I basicly find a good tower, get my points there, save up dryads, around 1700p, I look who got the sacred flame(s) in the other team, and attack one of them.

It is survival of the most cashing(was about to say the best, but really, many players cash, yet they can't play the game). You can't really blame people whenever they find a strat that gives them what they want(in this case, insure fewer get ss). I do the same in sylph boss when no guildy wants to do it, I go to boss, and attack some players I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Tocksy View Post
      When I eventually read of the new "advanced" battleground known as Sacred Fire Temple, I was excited to have something new to do.

That excitement vanished a mere few days after it opening.

The rewards for placing higher in SFT are sought after immensely, considering a large number of us have maxed out our Soul Engraving and are eager to start collecting Soul Seals for advancement. Unfortunately, the game itself has become a madhouse to scramble not only for those rewards but to BLOCK other players from getting them. The only two available places (not including Hot Event rewards) to get these Soul Seals are from Atoll Boss Rewards (only 1st place) and SFT.

My problem with this is that you find that the higher BR people will enter SFT ALL DAY LONG and secure top rewards even if they cannot claim them. This is done in an effort that they will ensure that no one else gets them but them. This is causing a very high disadvantage for other people who may be able to redeem those rewards if those higher BR people have simply finished their BG and stop doing them.....but we know that they don't and won't.

My suggestion is fixing it so that you can only enter BG/SFT the amount of attempts that you have. Once you complete two BG, you are done for the day, giving OTHER players the opportunity to earn those higher rewards, instead of being blocked constantly by the same people over and over. These are usually the same people that have also maxed out their honor and are simply killing for titles, fun, and/or to block other people from gaining rewards.

I am in a guild with over 100+ active players and I have yet to hear ONE person say they like SFT. Everyone actually dreads it, and honestly, there is a reason to, unless you're massive BR that can take on every person you encounter (and if you are kudos to you, you've probably killed me a few times as well).
      Hello.
      This is actually an interesting point of view,if you are sure that is being done,aka seen a specific person which is honor capped entering SFT more than 2 times in the same day.
      Sadly,it's not against the rules to do such things,but as your topic suggests,I like the idea to make it limited,maybe even 3 times per day,provided that as an average,the people who play SFT have more honor than the ones in the normal BG,and 1 extra non-attempt after the 2 attempts should be enough.That would also stop the top players from blocking.
      You have generally a thumbs up from me,but maybe the final solution needs to be worked out a bit,or maybe apply to to the ones having the latest medal,but it would be hard i guess.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
      X