What is there for Mages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is there for Mages?

World boss and apparently Class Wars are dps based... along with atoll boss... archers are built for high dps, and de-buffs... Knights for high defenses and moderate damage... and Mages for low defences and somewhat decent damage output... When a mages spellbar choices are built towards survival, how can any mage contend with archers? or knights for that matter... is there any possible way there could be a Heal Per Second/Damage Per Second meter added, mages are soul'ly used for support.. even tho there is a dps choice, in a fight in PvP... the logical choice is to choose to heal if you are low on hp. many mages (including myself) used to jump in Guild Battle and pop aoe heals to support the group, and then we'd die... after a few times of that, the battle would end (5th-6th spot on charts) and if we hadnt added any damage (dps) we wouldnt count towards ''contribution'' when indeed they are putting effort into the game, to support their guildies.

Opinion stated, Discussion Open:

Hmmm, let me see.

CW are dps based, *** are you on about. DPS have no relevance here as it is the same class fighting each other, so the DPS will be exactly the same. Unless your a mage who fights in the Archer CW?? (maybe your getting confused with damage dealt and DPS)
    AB has no advantage for archers/knights either, this is all about your sylph.
    As for WB, not even going there again, way too many threads about this already.

Maybe live pvp has a little DPS advantage, but that is overcome by the mages healing abilities anyway. Archers/knights usually have to wipe out a mage's HP 3 times (min) per fight. Get that HP down, they BL, then once it's low again use a Heal rune to fully restore, then if your lucky they don't have a sylph that can heal. Maybe then you can beat them And if you haven't killed them by now, they rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Billy_McF; 11-29-2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Heal is overrated anyway.

Attack and HP is the key in the game since last few patches.
      The weakness of the mage char can be compensated with good skills, thats why we have intelect (that makes us smart .. ;-) )

I think that mages still have a disadvantage on archers and knights and once i thought, how many balens would still be worth
      turning a mage into an archer or a knight...?

in PVP situations pre sylph, mages will look stronger because we are the only once that have MATK, where knights and archers have PATK
      so for pvp situations it would be best to raise your PDEF since its what u need most (likely) .

what makes a good mage? , skills and tactics over heal (and heal and more heal)

Comment

Trust nox...if that is the nox I know who used to play against in 481 since he was a pain when it came to heal and anyhow....mages are OP at early lvls....really early lvls so maybe u mages could start camping and or get ur heal up....I as an archer know how annoying it is when u r about to kill a mage in arena and with a strong heal are able to heal fully....it's a big facepalm moment when your last 50 rounds with that team is put to waste lol
        Wartune can't hear your SCREAMS...they just look at the cross server rankings and laugh"look at all the money we earnt”
        ~
        Server: s481
        IGN:❣·Prστεςτσr ~ Legendary Archer
        Lvl80: Class Adv
        BR: 691k w/Eudaemon
        Guild:Heroes
        Eudaemon: trashy 301k BR archer (i got by accident :()
        Sylph: 65.5k BR Herc - R34P3R***
        58k BR Aegis (yes i call it aegis :p) - xxAURORAxx***

Previously Played server; s55 Tortmain Abbey as xW4RR10Rx (beast knight)…possibly guildless now

Comment

thunderer is pretty damn op on wb, a lot more damage than the archers armour piercer spam
          just get a level 5 rage rune so you can spam it a bit in wb
          IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
          Class: Archer
          Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
          Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Mages win WB every night on my server.

Comment

Originally posted by Nox03 View Post
              Heal is overrated anyway.

Attack and HP is the key in the game since last few patches.
              The weakness of the mage char can be compensated with good skills, thats why we have intelect (that makes us smart .. ;-) )

I think that mages still have a disadvantage on archers and knights and once i thought, how many balens would still be worth
              turning a mage into an archer or a knight...?

in PVP situations pre sylph, mages will look stronger because we are the only once that have MATK, where knights and archers have PATK
              so for pvp situations it would be best to raise your PDEF since its what u need most (likely) .

what makes a good mage? , skills and tactics over heal (and heal and more heal)
              dont think u have been playing magic right or meet a good magic for magic class is the best right now in pvp because of there op heal and they can get a gard rune+ rune heal. and now u add in good res = u can only win agenst them with a 1hit kill

Comment

best thing of mages? they arent knights or archers. Billy explained a nice list of most imporant stuff.
                Maybe extra on wb: all classes have 1 normal run and 1 sylph run, which sylph is technical equally as other classes. Thunderer is quite nice at wb, 50 rage and does 295% dmg, stronger (average) than knights delphic and archers delphic and ap. Extra addition is that the thunderer, as strongest single target atk, also adds slow, which is nice at necro.

another advantage of mages is that most classes use gaia/eve or herc as main sylph. since it does matk, mages have an advantage when fighting against them. another advantage is that crit players usually take patk, hp, pdef and crit as gems, so they have less mdef meaning you do more dmg.

I find topics like this sad, as im sure that most ppl dont know how to adapt to situations and see pros and cons to everything. every character can be good or bad. there are no bad classes only bad owners.

Comment

Originally posted by TjiTzUr View Post
                  dont think u have been playing magic right or meet a good magic for magic class is the best right now in pvp because of there op heal and they can get a gard rune+ rune heal. and now u add in good res = u can only win agenst them with a 1hit kill
                  Well i play a little magic, and i am damn good at it (sorry.. bit narcism) I see mages have pro and con's.
                  Heal is needed in the game but if i see what we face in Arena, its most likely that the (avarage) team that heals most, lose.
                  Heal skills are good to have but fairly useless in necro, skytrail (and wb ofcours LOL)
                  i will post some of my opinions later on in this thread.. its just general things within this discussion.
                  and i think this is a good discussion as long as all PATK-ers dont say mages are OPP.. ;-)
                  -

Comment

I still think we should have a HPS/DPS meter or something... something that counts the heals towards contribution.. just because we dont do dmg shouldnt mean that were not 'contributing'' no? (guild battle). im just sayin i believe since half of our skills have absolutely nothing to do with dps, and since were FORCED to buy double skills, you would figure mages would get some credit for being a ''support'' class.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCujo View Post
                      I still think we should have a HPS/DPS meter or something... something that counts the heals towards contribution.. just because we dont do dmg shouldnt mean that were not 'contributing'' no? (guild battle). im just sayin i believe since half of our skills have absolutely nothing to do with dps, and since were FORCED to buy double skills, you would figure mages would get some credit for being a ''support'' class.
                      mages dont need double skills, its handy, but not needed. archers definitly need double skills imo. knights and mages dont. i never had a 2nd skill tree, was considering getting it when adv skill would released, but being disappointed in those skills i didnt.

so you mean hps/dps meter for gb? might be handy, but later on servers most gb are short battles cz of inactivity so less pvp needed and more spamming wt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                        thunderer is pretty damn op on wb, a lot more damage than the archers armour piercer spam
                        yup i do 4 thunderers in my non sylph round if thunderer had faster casting speed i could do 5
                        having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Since some of these mages are complaining about not having enough dps skills I have a great idea, give them one and give archers and knights a OP healing skill like restoration, everyone will be happy -__-
                          IGN: princestewii
                          Class: Archer
                          Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                            thunderer op :O check the damage percentage in skill nd check AP's damage percentage , after that check real damage (dont forget that thunderer's casting time is almost 3x of AP )

Comment

Attention.
                              Mages are needed because we need them.
                              I wouldn't have passed lvl 67 in spire without them.
                              Oh wait this isn''t china...

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                              I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                              I...I love you like a love song baby...
                              And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                              :o:o:o:o

Comment

Working...
                              X