Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Emoticons in CHAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emoticons in CHAT

Please put emoticons in chat.. its really hard enough to chat because of the limited characters.. Putting emoticons would really be fun <--- like this

Better suggestion: let us type MORE than a line an a half per post in the chat, an allow us to make the window bigger or at least to where we can separate it from the game. Also whats the point of "System"? There is ONLY system announcements & info there, an we get enough of the same info & whatever all across the chat tabs, so again whats the point of System? *Whisper: No one goes there anyways.*
    Hear My Voice & FEEL MY WRATH!!

Sarcasm is a language I am fluent in, you have been warned!

Comment

Originally posted by R24425043 View Post
      Please put emoticons in chat.. its really hard enough to chat because of the limited characters.. Putting emoticons would really be fun <--- like this
      Personally, I wouldn't like that. I got tired of the emoticon's look. You meet them in lots of games, and as far as i can see most of Wartune's players are over 20 years, that might be a reason for not adding them.

Originally posted by Gyrannon View Post
      Better suggestion: let us type MORE than a line an a half per post in the chat, an allow us to make the window bigger or at least to where we can separate it from the game. Also whats the point of "System"? There is ONLY system announcements & info there, an we get enough of the same info & whatever all across the chat tabs, so again whats the point of System? *Whisper: No one goes there anyways.*
      The reason for limiting chat is the lagg. Sending a larger message would require a higher bit rate, and you got to consider all the players not only yourself and the player you are talking to. And about making it larger... Same thing. Lag.
      You shouldn't expect a lot of "sophisticated" things since it's a browser type game. Consider this next time you want to give some suggestions.

However this is my opinion, GM's can correct me if i am wrong.
      Last edited by TheAngel; 10-21-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAngelito View Post
        The reason for limiting chat is the lagg. Sending a larger message would require a higher bit rate, and you got to consider all the players not only yourself and the player you are talking to. And about making it larger... Same thing. Lag.
        You shouldn't expect a lot of "sophisticated" things since it's a browser type game. Consider this next time you want to give some suggestions.

However this is my opinion, GM's can correct me if i am wrong.
        In my experience, lag usually happens when you need to refresh or you have too much stuff running the background, alot of times it also depends on the browser you're using, but mostly its the need to refresh. Whenever I experience lag, I refresh an everything is soooo much better.
        Yeah its a browser based game, but its still a game that that is getting more an more improvements, an there are browser games FAR crappier than this game an they seem to run just fine with the above I suggested. Also, you do notice their "announcments" right? Those messages in the chat are HUGE in comparison to our tiny messages, so if they game can handle the constant stream of announcements an whatever that never stops showing up, the game can handle a little more of our typing.
        An the popup window I am meaning is just like the PM window, yes the feature is there, they just haven't expanded on the idea by making a window for chat.
        Hear My Voice & FEEL MY WRATH!!

Sarcasm is a language I am fluent in, you have been warned!

Comment

Originally posted by Gyrannon View Post
          In my experience, lag usually happens when you need to refresh or you have too much stuff running the background, alot of times it also depends on the browser you're using, but mostly its the need to refresh. Whenever I experience lag, I refresh an everything is soooo much better.
          Yeah its a browser based game, but its still a game that that is getting more an more improvements, an there are browser games FAR crappier than this game an they seem to run just fine with the above I suggested. Also, you do notice their "announcments" right? Those messages in the chat are HUGE in comparison to our tiny messages, so if they game can handle the constant stream of announcements an whatever that never stops showing up, the game can handle a little more of our typing.
          An the popup window I am meaning is just like the PM window, yes the feature is there, they just haven't expanded on the idea by making a window for chat.
          All right, now why don't you leave R2 staff decide if they want to implement or not the expanding chat you are talking about. To be honest with you, i wouldn't like that at all, Since you are always getting into lots of battles while you are playing, expandable chat would be annoying if it'd hide every time you load a battle.
          What is more, I believe that might be the reason for not making it expandable and leave it like that.
          Last edited by TheAngel; 10-22-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X