Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R2GAMES ! WHY U Make MAGE and Archer Strong EnougH But Make Knight WEAKLESS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to UnholyTemplar,

The knight class is far from one of the weakest classes and does indeed have a multi target skill. It is a high rage cost ability but can be used. Reflect will damage any enemy hitting you for a base damage that will not be able to be mitigated. This is where the knight shines the most. (also a note that at lvl 3 it is 1kx10 = 10k damage per cast)

Putting another multi-target ability for the knights would start to break the class, as it is supposed to be a weakness that they have a hard time hitting the back (they are MELE with a sword)

The knight class is all about building on defence,hp, and block.

While other classes also have the ability to block the knights gain 4% life each time a block occurs. This added with the natural damage reduction, the appolo's shield damage reduction, and the 20% life shield make the knight far from a weak class.

Again the knight class is fine as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post

The knight class is far from one of the weakest classes and does indeed have a multi target skill. It is a high rage cost ability but can be used. Reflect will damage any enemy hitting you for a base damage that will not be able to be mitigated. This is where the knight shines the most. (also a note that at lvl 3 it is 1kx10 = 10k damage per cast)

Putting another multi-target ability for the knights would start to break the class, as it is supposed to be a weakness that they have a hard time hitting the back (they are MELE with a sword)

While other classes also have the ability to block the knights gain 4% life each time a block occurs. This added with the natural damage reduction, the appolo's shield damage reduction, and the 20% life shield make the knight far from a weak class.

Nice explanation

also congratz on becoming a mod viny
      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
      [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Vin goes Mod. Yay! *fireworks*
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I agree a knight class is fine where it is, the only skill I still do not understand is why Archer's can get the 20% hp buff as a class. If they are supposed to be the High ST dmg dealer, why are they getting bonus hp while increasing their crit?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
            I agree a knight class is fine where it is, the only skill I still do not understand is why Archer's can get the 20% hp buff as a class. If they are supposed to be the High ST dmg dealer, why are they getting bonus hp while increasing their crit?
            Archers do have increase in PAtk, HP and Crit. However, please remember that critical is only a multiplier for your base attacks. If they can't even deal decent damage on you, it's as good as scratches.
            The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
              Archers do have increase in PAtk, HP and Crit. However, please remember that critical is only a multiplier for your base attacks. If they can't even deal decent damage on you, it's as good as scratches.
              As a damage class, I can understand the Patk, and the crit, but why the hp? Thats the question I had brought up. The 20% hp is also a modifier, there is no reason any other class should be able to have the same hp buff % as a knight.

Comment

fine take away archers hp buff and give us more def in are armor will that be better the reason why archers have the hp bonus is because they don't get any def bonus from skills or armor like mages and knights do so they get the hp bonus skill to make up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gagm200 View Post
                  fine take away archers hp buff and give us more def in are armor will that be better the reason why archers have the hp bonus is because they don't get any def bonus from skills or armor like mages and knights do so they get the hp bonus skill to make up for that.
                  Thats the thing though, knights do get hp/armor buff...they are the tank class of the game...archers are a dps class(thats specializes in high burst w/ crit), so why should they receive defensive bonuses at all is the point. I know mages receive enhanced Mdef if they spec correctly, and can heal, and have great burst/aoe. I'm just trying to figure out why DPS classes get defensive skills. Now when Talents come out, that may be the reasoning due to balance issues at that point, but as far as we can see on the r2 version of the game, we have no idea what they are.

Comment

you don't look at armor do you look at the armor thats why if archers are ment as the dps class of the game then knights weapon and mages should be lower then what archers weapon is but there not so any class has the same dps only reason archers do more damage is because of crit which can be lowered by tinket sets and astrals plus the other 2 classes can use will destroyer which is 10 times better then hoping to crit you need to look at everything a class has and whats in the game.

Comment

you don't look at armor do you look at the armor thats why if archers are ment as the dps class of the game then knights weapon and mages should be lower then what archers weapon is but there not so any class has the same dps only reason archers do more damage is because of crit which can be lowered by tinket sets and astrals plus the other 2 classes can use will destroyer which is 10 times better then hoping to crit you need to look at everything a class has and whats in the game.
                      Actually I do look at the armor, certain pieces, do change the values of Pdef, some do not, some change values of Mdef, some do not. Am I saying that Knights do not need some sort of change? No, I don't believe I ever stated that. The way I view the knight Class is a tank, that can do moderate dmg. An archer, should do high st dmg, medium armor, medium hp. A mage should be High AoE dmg, High healing, low armor/hp. That is the way I view the classes. Should archers have higher Patk on weapons than knight? Yeah, I'd agree with that 100%. Should Mages have higher Matk, than knights as well...yes. I just don't see why you put a burst class with high health, medium armor and call it balance.
                      Last edited by Cyrale; 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thank you for the response Vinyl, most of which i agree with, however i think you miss the point. especially with the second point which i think now is the better option. not adding another AOE skill but changing the order and changing a few small details of the skills in question. however let me ask you this, as knights are based on Melee attacks then how does a knight create a whirlwind attack?

all i'm saying is that the knight class in a WHOLE is fine as it is, swapping over shadow thrusher and ultimate slasher would improve the class, especially if shadow thrusher could hit 2 targets, even if both targets are on the front row, or even better goes straight through from front to back row.

Comment

Originally posted by da1nez View Post
                          R2GAMES ! WHY U Make MAGE and Archer Strong EnougH But Make Knight WEAKLESS!
                          I PLAYING KNIGHT EVERYDAY till lv 43 But I ALWAYS LIKE DUMBASS WHEN FIGHT WITH MAGE AND ARCHER!! ITS MAKE ME ILL WILL, You KNOW THAT!!
                          IT IS NOT FAIR ! YOU KNOW!
                          R2GAMES CAN U SEE REAL!! PLay As Knight And you will See... SOB
                          I think you need to participate more on the forum reading. Especially on the Discussion category. There, you can find what you're seeking for. You're still a level 43 knight after all

Comment

well there you go you just said knights need there damage lowered on weapon but r2 will not do that so archers get the hp boost to make up for that plus there armor is low I wouldn't call it medium because its better to be very good in one def and bad in another like mages and knights then to have avg def in both like archers.

Comment

Maybe I'm not understanding the whole shadow thrasher swap with ultimate slasher.
                              How would that make a difference outside of having it in the lvl 10 range?

As for adding an additional effect to it, the reason it does not seem so good is, it's mainly a PvE skill. ( from what I find )

*edited* Ok I read over the whole rage thing. The reason for this is, it would hit too hard for a 10 rage cost skill. (even without the bleed)

And it would still be a slow skill. Since it hits twice it
                              1) has a chance to crit twice
                              2) can be increased via the remove crit astral

Also then you would have almost no chance to hit the back row as it would cost too much rage.
                              Last edited by xVinylScratchx; 10-23-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

well there you go you just said knights need there damage lowered on weapon but r2 will not do that so archers get the hp boost to make up for that plus there armor is low I wouldn't call it medium because its better to be very good in one def and bad in another like mages and knights then to have avg def in both like archers.
                                When I put medium in there, I should have explained mysef more and I'm glad you brought that up. A knight should be high pdef, low mdef, Archer should be medium pdef/mdef, Mage should be High Mdef, low Pdef. Thats what I meant by medium, not strong, but not weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X