Name change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

I would really like to thank the R2Mentor (you know the one with little Cupcakes) that visited our server yesterday
    for enforcing a name change without feeling the need to talk to either me or others about it

My name i had for over 2 years, that was "investigated" atleast 4 times before and eachtime i was told my name was OK,
    now all out of the blue was against rules.
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-02-2014, 03:34 AM.
    =================

Do NOT use offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language.

If you have an issue with a mentor, please file a ticket, so that the GMs can look into the matter.
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
      If you have an issue with a mentor, please file a ticket, so that the GMs can look into the matter.
      dear Hag O' Hags,

done all in 1 ticket
      name change and mentor

these mentors need training really!! (and new bullhorn text because atm they are using bullsjithorns)
      =================

Do NOT use offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language.

Comment

Originally posted by tweaknow View Post
        dear Hag O' Hags,

done all in 1 ticket
        name change and mentor

these mentors need training really!! (and new bullhorn text because atm they are using bullsjithorns)
        If you can give me the number, Rob Anybody, I'll forward it for you.
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

Comment

i trashed the mail can't get it back and ticketing system does not show it
          maybe in a week or 2 when they autoclose it i get the ticketno. in the mail again
          =================

Comment

Hello Tweaknow , your nickname was in fact against our rules.Your IGN was Moderator , let me post here what our ToS say about it : Click image for larger version

Name:	12.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1704180

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Yagami View Post
              Hello Tweaknow , your nickname was in fact against our rules.Your IGN was Moderator , let me post here what our ToS say about it : [ATTACH=CONFIG]116845[/ATTACH]

ooh burn..
              IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
              Class: Archer
              Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
              Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Yagami View Post
                Hello Tweaknow , your nickname was in fact against our rules.Your IGN was Moderator , let me post here what our ToS say about it : [ATTACH=CONFIG]116845[/ATTACH]
                There is the issue;
                1 the game let me pick the name
                2 the game didnt ask me to aknowledge any tos for as i am aware of at the time i signed up for this game (these are thing i am kinda keen on)
                3 i didnt change my name during the time i started the game and now
                4 I was told atleast 4 times by R2Vet's and R2Mentors that after reviewing my name it was ok to keep it as long
                as i didnt impersonate any R2 staff/agent/etc

not all is as simple as you state here, (common law)

So the verry forcefull way this R2Mentor told me to change my name kinda came out of the blue for me,

All i want is a namchange card so i can change my name to soemthing i want, not being FORCED to do so
                withing a seccond with an unwilling not supporting non answering mentor chasing me not giving any feedback
                on information i sended and questions i asked, there is a saying that says "No is an answer also" and that is
                still better as going into silence mode and letting the players hang to dry.

added: But its nice to see a Game master out in forum anyway
                Last edited by tweaknow; 12-02-2014, 09:48 AM. Reason: added
                =================

Comment

But since the game master is here....how do you guys know he was not first with his name? What if he was, and got "famous" with his name, a R2 gets his name and then it would be his fault? Does it work the other way around too? How do you guys pick your names?

(not that i am afraid with the name saypontigohe)
                  Saypontigohe (Guildleader nr. 4 Expandable) S37 Europe

Comment

Originally posted by say-forum View Post
                    But since the game master is here....how do you guys know he was not first with his name? What if he was, and got "famous" with his name, a R2 gets his name and then it would be his fault? Does it work the other way around too? How do you guys pick your names?

(not that i am afraid with the name saypontigohe)
                    I should reply to your post because here is my opinion i think they choose names after what they already have since if you dont know what names to choose they tend fo just see what is out there and take it after, and i seen it happen on.

Comment

There is the issue;
                      1 the game let me pick the name
                      2 the game didnt ask me to aknowledge any tos for as i am aware of at the time i signed up for this game (these are thing i am kinda keen on)
                      3 i didnt change my name during the time i started the game and now
                      4 I was told atleast 4 times by R2Vet's and R2Mentors that after reviewing my name it was ok to keep it as long
                      as i didnt impersonate any R2 staff/agent/etc

not all is as simple as you state here, (common law)

So the verry forcefull way this R2Mentor told me to change my name kinda came out of the blue for me,

All i want is a namchange card so i can change my name to soemthing i want, not being FORCED to do so
                      withing a seccond with an unwilling not supporting non answering mentor chasing me not giving any feedback
                      on information i sended and questions i asked, there is a saying that says "No is an answer also" and that is
                      still better as going into silence mode and letting the players hang to dry.

added: But its nice to see a Game master out in forum anyway
                      Hello.
                      If i understood this correctly,you,for any reason unknown to me,did not provide 3 name choices for your new name.
                      In such a situation,you get a random name change.
                      In which situation you just file a ticket that your name was changed due to the ToS,and that you want to be named "type name here".
                      As a result to this ticket,your name will be changed to one of your choosing.
                      Hope that helped,take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Alex View Post
                        Hello.
                        If i understood this correctly,you,for any reason unknown to me,did not provide 3 name choices for your new name.
                        In such a situation,you get a random name change.
                        In which situation you just file a ticket that your name was changed due to the ToS,and that you want to be named "type name here".
                        As a result to this ticket,your name will be changed to one of your choosing.
                        Hope that helped,take care.
                        Yes you are missing the point in this.
                        Mentors claim to be players when it suits them, and refuse to talk when it suits them also.
                        when they talk they work around the subject or say what ever has been said before in other words

In the post you so carefully quoted, for some reason you lack to react to the real content in there.

but thank you for your contribution in this thread.
                        =================

Comment

Yes you are missing the point in this.
                          Mentors claim to be players when it suits them, and refuse to talk when it suits them also.
                          when they talk they work around the subject or say what ever has been said before in other words

In the post you so carefully quoted, for some reason you lack to react to the real content in there.

but thank you for your contribution in this thread.
                          Alex was replying to the part of your post concerning your new, unwanted name. I don't think he knows the details about your case, so he was merely trying to help you get a new name you wanted.
                          So as far as that part goes, if you can follow his suggestion, we can forward that ticket for you.

As far as the how and why in the first place, I don't know. That's out of my reach. I'll ask the GM that replied here before to see if they can reply again. If not, I hope R2 replies to your ticket (if you still don't have the number, consider filing a new one, maybe combine it with the request for a new name).

Comment

If I was in charge of a game, I would do something like this.

{Mail message ...]

Dear Moderator,

We regret to inform you that Wartune has decided players will no longer be able to use the name Moderator. This decision does not mean you are personally responsible for any problems associated with the prior availability of the name Moderator. It is a general decision based on players' ability to select and mis-use the name on any server. Due to the inconvenience, we have provided you with a Name Change card, 500 bound balens, and 10 event boxes. If you do not use the Name Change card within seven days, however, a random name will be given to whoever still has the Moderator player name.

Thank you for understanding our desire to maintain integrity in our player names,

Cupcakes
                            Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-03-2014, 04:09 PM.
                            Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
                            Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
                            Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
                            Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Originally posted by R252856585 View Post
                              If I was in charge of a game, I would do something like this.

{Mail message ...]

Dear Moderator,

We regret to inform you that Wartune has decided players will no longer be able to use the name Moderator. This decision does not mean you are personally responsible for any problems associated with the prior availability of the name Moderator. It is a general decision based on players' ability to select and mis-use the name on any server. Due to the inconvenience, we have provided you with a Name Change card, 500 bound balens, and 10 event boxes. If you do not use the Name Change card within seven days, however, a random name will be given to whoever still has the Moderator player name.

Thank you for understanding our desire to maintain integrity in our player names,

Cupcakes
                              The issue is that there is a lack of propper communication and communication skills
                              The answers from Mentors in forum are all build the same way and allmost look like autogenerated answers.

I would think your suggestion would be a good thing for them to start using.
                              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-03-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X