Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Battleground AFK Solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battleground AFK Solution

    As most of you who have played Battlegrounds are aware there are a large number of player who join the game just to sit in the staging area and do nothing just for the after game awards. I have two solutions to this problem, both of which are fairly easy to implement.

    Solution 1: Implement a 2 minute time out for those in the Battlegrounds which would kick out anyone who does not interact within the Battlegrounds outside of the staging area. Once outside of the staging area the timer stops for 30 seconds before resetting which would keep people from leaving the staging area and then reentering a second later and would give other players an opportunity to kill them and gain points. Now the reason I put such emphasis on the staging area aspect is because I know a lot of players lag during the Battlegrounds and could potentially reach a 2 minute lag spike(however unlikely that may be) so as long as they can be outside of the staging and hit that lag spike they would not be penalized for that.

    Solution 2: Deny Battleground rewards for those who do not gain any points during the game. This would be much easier to implement and would be much more lag friendly. It would basically give players absolutely no benefit to AFK except to deliberately make the team they are on lose(or attempt to).

    Now another suggestion halfway associated with Battlegrounds but more for general gaming would be a report player option when viewing a persons tooltip menu(where add friend, view, etc. are located). This would give players a better way to help police harmful players where GM's are unavailable.

    Just a few things I've been thinking of, looking forward to some feedback.

  • #2
    It's a nice idea, but as you have stated, players can lag inside the battlegrounds.
    I have personally witnessed one such who lagged to the point of reaching the minerals in 5 minutes (actually trying)
    So this would kick him out before he could do anything [helping or not he/others are trying]

    If the report player function was implemented it could be abused by a whole side clicking on a strong player from the other team just to remove him.

    Comment


    • #3
      if there so many people afk why would they do something about it its part of the game, some people cant play and have childrens to take care of, some others are busy or lag to much to play but still want honour, and the basic reasons are many have second chars but act like they are against afk when they themselves do it. try denying battle rewards to those playing the entire game just because they are killed by higher lvls. the game already gives extra honour to those who kill allot and regular honour for the winning team.

      even if there was a 2minutes thing people would still move before time run out and afk again, crystal saga was like that, people moving from time to time not to get booted

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post
        If the report player function was implemented it could be abused by a whole side clicking on a strong player from the other team just to remove him.
        no doubt, so far even on the xbox people send bad feedback to somebody who kills them allot, bad feedback to people is a bad idea. internet is full of racism, even worst then on the streets, it would be only abused. Its part of the game just get used to it.

        beside, why do you people even care if people afk? does it affect your personal life in that bubble of yours, seriously? do you know how many people who are high lvled honoured players who afked and suddenly once they are one of the strongest they want it to stop! booting afk players is like saying, we don't want you to progress so get out and stop playing this game, which will never happen.

        There not cheating, its just afk, get used to it.

        Comment


        • #5
          With that lag part thats why I stressed the timer going out of effect outside the staging area. The timer stops once you step outside the staging area but if you reenter within 30 seconds(not including getting killed in that span) then the timer continues.

          Report player function basically only works as a flagging system, the GM's would still have to investigate what's going on. But would have a clearer idea of what to look for and its more for a broader scope than just the Battlegrounds but I understand your point.

          Comment


          • #6
            So if I understand you correctly Ghostdog3, If I work hard during a Battleground event and lose because my team had just 1 more afker on my team than the opposing team and I miss out on that extra honor and insignia, It's my fault because I even tried in the first place? I should just afk like the rest? How is it ok to just sit through an event and not doing anything? How is it ok to ride on the coat-tails of the rest of my team? I understand people have lives and cant spend much time on this game and want their honor, but afking is not the way. If you have the time to play this game at all then play it the way the dev's wanted you to. It's not called afkgrounds.

            Comment


            • #7
              killing point is a good idea, the one who afk and still can kill are rare, so we can group the one who like to battle by this point .
              or
              the one who like to afk should have self awareness to enter the battle ground bit late, so they can become groupies, 1 battle ground can only accommodate 30 people anyway. "afkgrounds" seem feasible.

              Comment


              • #8
                I like ur idea especially solution 2 so +1 from me and +1 for solution 2 hope this gets implemented

                little change
                A target:
                well u get no reward if u don't get a little points in ur team for solution 2 right
                well lets say i get 10 or 20 or 30 points by running a mine cart and then AFK i would get some reward right ?
                well here is were its easy to break a good rule so i propose a small change

                point timer
                well with this if 1 fails to get minimum 10 points every 5 mins(max lag time if they lag anymore they would either DC or then would simply get their shockwave crashed)if they don't then they will not get the reward

                this is hard to abuse and will prevent any AFK players ever if by chance they do end up AFK then their motive was to simply ruin their team into Losing and helping the opposite team
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                I am a 100% Noob

                I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                Become a friend and be kind

                hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                MY GUIDES:
                [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                  I like ur idea especially solution 2 so +1 from me and +1 for solution 2 hope this gets implemented

                  little change
                  A target:
                  well u get no reward if u don't get a little points in ur team for solution 2 right
                  well lets say i get 10 or 20 or 30 points by running a mine cart and then AFK i would get some reward right ?
                  well here is were its easy to break a good rule so i propose a small change

                  point timer
                  well with this if 1 fails to get minimum 10 points every 5 mins(max lag time if they lag anymore they would either DC or then would simply get their shockwave crashed)if they don't then they will not get the reward

                  this is hard to abuse and will prevent any AFK players ever if by chance they do end up AFK then their motive was to simply ruin their team into Losing and helping the opposite team
                  For Point Timer
                  What if say you have a higher level spawn camping you making it impossible to get to a mine? I know I have farmed some easy people for almost the whole match, never letting them even get remotely close to the mines for crystal. So if you put in a point timer, and the person keeps getting killed on way to the crystals, it'll boot them from the BG due to being beaten consistantly trying to help? Yes, we will see this happen more and more often as people continue to rise in levels and there are new level 40's in the bg's.

                  So with this logic, its actually very easy to be abused, maybe not to abuse it, but higher levels could in theory just get people kicked out of the bg's.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
                    For Point Timer
                    What if say you have a higher level spawn camping you making it impossible to get to a mine? I know I have farmed some easy people for almost the whole match, never letting them even get remotely close to the mines for crystal. So if you put in a point timer, and the person keeps getting killed on way to the crystals, it'll boot them from the BG due to being beaten consistantly trying to help? Yes, we will see this happen more and more often as people continue to rise in levels and there are new level 40's in the bg's.

                    So with this logic, its actually very easy to be abused, maybe not to abuse it, but higher levels could in theory just get people kicked out of the bg's.
                    ouch u actually do those stuff (bully the weak into a hopeless nightmare)
                    i usually just go for mines cause i want 2 things
                    insignia and lucky stones alot of them
                    i have never received insignia from them but i have however received 1 lucky stone (currently i am receiving useless charisma gems)

                    but seriously dude u like killing lowbies i took a wrong impression from u >>> disappointed

                    well its kinda impossible for anybody to not get even 10 points minimum in 5 whole mins

                    so its good for now anyway
                    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                    I am a 100% Noob

                    I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                    Become a friend and be kind

                    hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                    MY GUIDES:
                    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                    I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                      ouch u actually do those stuff (bully the weak into a hopeless nightmare)
                      i usually just go for mines cause i want 2 things
                      insignia and lucky stones alot of them
                      i have never received insignia from them but i have however received 1 lucky stone (currently i am receiving useless charisma gems)

                      but seriously dude u like killing lowbies i took a wrong impression from u >>> disappointed

                      well its kinda impossible for anybody to not get even 10 points minimum in 5 whole mins

                      so its good for now anyway
                      If you read my post carefully you'll notice I stated easy people, I never stated the low level people, I play a knight and a mage, my mage I recently pushed to level 40 so I could get further in the catacombs. My mage at lvl 39 had over 5k matk with only VIP, due to donations to guild. Most people I fought were "easy kills" due to having 4 set lvl 35 pvp gear. I would kill their troops in 1 hit, and them in the next 2-3 hits. This was even vs. other level 39's who were not cashers. There is a big differance between underleveled and easy people to fight. I pushed my mage to level 40 as soon as I hit Champion, if I'm playing as my mage and I can 2-3 round the people I'm fighting because I leveled slower to get all my guild skills up to level 6 I'm supposed to just haul carts when I get more honor from fighting people? When I play on my knight who is lvl 46, majority of the time I will get consistantly attacked from lvl 50+ chars, and what do I do in those fights that I have almost no chance to win? I stall them, so others on my team can haul carts. So before you want to assume that I am bullying people in something where one of the best defensives are a good offense, please take the time to read my post correctly.

                      Thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
                        If you read my post carefully you'll notice I stated easy people, I never stated the low level people, I play a knight and a mage, my mage I recently pushed to level 40 so I could get further in the catacombs. My mage at lvl 39 had over 5k matk with only VIP, due to donations to guild. Most people I fought were "easy kills" due to having 4 set lvl 35 pvp gear. I would kill their troops in 1 hit, and them in the next 2-3 hits. This was even vs. other level 39's who were not cashers. There is a big differance between underleveled and easy people to fight. I pushed my mage to level 40 as soon as I hit Champion, if I'm playing as my mage and I can 2-3 round the people I'm fighting because I leveled slower to get all my guild skills up to level 6 I'm supposed to just haul carts when I get more honor from fighting people? When I play on my knight who is lvl 46, majority of the time I will get consistantly attacked from lvl 50+ chars, and what do I do in those fights that I have almost no chance to win? I stall them, so others on my team can haul carts. So before you want to assume that I am bullying people in something where one of the best defensives are a good offense, please take the time to read my post correctly.

                        Thanks
                        easy people are usually low levels but as i said in the bracket bully the weak
                        well if thats what u really do then i take what i said back sorry about having a wrong impression on u again
                        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                        I am a 100% Noob

                        I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                        Become a friend and be kind

                        hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                        MY GUIDES:
                        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                        I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                          easy people are usually low levels but as i said in the bracket bully the weak
                          well if thats what u really do then i take what i said back sorry about having a wrong impression on u again
                          Not a problem, and no reason to be sorry, each of us have our own perception on anything we read, write, hear, see. I just don't want to be labeled as a bully due to my character at that level(yes, I stalled leveling to max out all my guild skills to lvl 6, which is max for my guild atm) to be able to free farm honor to get up to Champion. The second I hit champion, I went out and did my dungeons to hit 40 on my mage. I had enough Daru saved up to instantly get level 40 knights. I'll even attack those I know I had no chance of winning if it was to stall the opposing team harvesting the crystals. I actually avoided some people in certain bg's because my mages RoF with my paladins attacks would 1 round certain people.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i like option 2 how ever it is flawed al they would have to do is make one run and then afk it and still get the rewards we need kinda like a participation meter you got to work to fill to green then maintain it till the end of the match kinda like a red yellow green situation. but i think this type of solution would cause even more lag than we already have

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm a bully tbh. When I do BGs I target weaker players and I target stronger players. Anyone who has played any type of MMO knows that PvP is brutal. The strong prey on the weak. Its the nature of things. Is it right? Not going to debate it. When I do BGs my goal is to win them and I get more points from killing then I do farming. Not only do I get points the other team loses them. That's the way the BGs are meant to be played. I do wish R2 would give another way to get honor though. But anyways about the OP...something does need to be done about afk'ers. Its frustrating doing BGs and seeing other players just sitting there. I do think a point counter would be ideal over a basic timer because a player can be at their keyboard running their mouth and hence not "afk." I think as long as you have a change in your points (+/-) you keep playing but if you have no change in your points for x amount of time you are kicked and should be temp banned from the next BG. Even if a player is being farmed by players like me they will still have a change in their points. I also agree there shouldn't be a report player button in the BGs simply because I would prolly be kicked mid way through the battle and that wouldn't be cool.
                              Yitien:

                              Class: Assassin lvl 78
                              BR: 67K
                              Server: Qianfo Hall

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X