need some Mage advice pls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PamoWartune View Post
    Don't ever switch all your mdef to hp gems or you will melt easily im 453k br mage using: 8 matk gems, 8 crit , 7 mdef, 7 pdef and 2 hp gems... deff better than hp
    defence is not better than hp
    having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

As a mage, with the healing talent you get +20% to your MDEF which is nice! What do you get for HP, no bonus at all. Now suppose you and I go head to head in arenas and I have high MDEF and high M Attack and you have a few thousand extra HP and high M Attack, I will beat you down, guaranteed.

When the average level 80 player can dish out 80,000 hp or more damage with a single attack, having a few extra hit points isn't going to help that much. Go for Mdef, Pdef, illusion, and barrier before investing heavily in HP and never at the expense of defense. The main ways HP helps a mage is it pumps up your Suntoria spell which scales with your hit points and helps you survive tough fights.

Keep in mind that some people will troll you and give you bad advice...don't listen to anyone really. Take a look at the meanest, toughest, son of a cupcake mage on your server and copy their build, then improve on it. Or take a look at the mages in Tower of Kings, and go on a field trip to their server, and copy their builds for ideas

Some really good mages, like Eliatan are very open source and have blog posts, explaining the theorycraft behind their builds but not sure if it is ok to link that here or not.

For sure don't listen to Brutal Hobo on this one he's an archer..lol
      Last edited by Cymidei; 12-14-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
        As a mage, with the healing talent you get +20% to your MDEF which is nice! What do you get for HP, nothing. Now suppose you and I go head to head in arenas and I have high MDEF and you have a few hundred extra HP, I will beat you down, guaranteed. When other classes can dish out 80,000 hp or more damage with a single attack, having a few extra hit points is nice but defenses are better.
        WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! of course youd most likely beat me defence is more a pvp stat but defence is less important in pve, apart from group arena pvp gives nothing, di,spire,skytrail,world boss etc ...you know PVE!!! thats where its at, if you want to build your toon strong, when you fight bosses in pve half of your defence is useless unless boss has two attack natures , in pve block and high hp will work like magic, why build for pvp when pve gives the best thing? did you realize that to survive world boss hits before nerf high hp did the trick and not defences? thats because to get enough defence to dampen world boss delphic was impractical

so because you dont get a % boost on hp as a mage its bad?

Comment

and dont just copy anyones build question all advice and figure things out on your own, dont blindly copy anything

Comment

Def is important for non-sylph pvp, nowhere else.
            Use it if you are having trouble staying alive more than 5 turns.
            In equal br fights, dead under 5 turns just never happens.

Def only has diminishing returns, there are bufs that reduce it
            but you have to pay in sylph mode to increase it, costs skills and turns.

HP is your most valuable resource that you can invest back with few rage or none (rune).
            This is the ultimate stat for mages, other than shock (for any class).

Stop looking at top BR and start looking at your own needs and competition.
            Top BR has no competition with you unless you are also super hard cashing.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
              Def is important for non-sylph pvp, nowhere else.
              Use it if you are having trouble staying alive more than 5 turns.
              In equal br fights, dead under 5 turns just never happens.

Def only has diminishing returns, there are bufs that reduce it
              but you have to pay in sylph mode to increase it, costs skills and turns.

HP is your most valuable resource that you can invest back with few rage or none (rune).
              This is the ultimate stat for mages, other than shock (for any class).

Stop looking at top BR and start looking at your own needs and competition.
              Top BR has no competition with you unless you are also super hard cashing.
              +1 for this guy!

Definitely agree with him.
              Defense is important in <100k BR or non-sylph fights.
              Anywhere else, mages' PDEF is too low to stand a chance vs. strong PATK sylph.
              Don't forget though, resistances are of great importance, here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
                As a mage, with the healing talent you get +20% to your MDEF which is nice! What do you get for HP, no bonus at all. Now suppose you and I go head to head in arenas and I have high MDEF and high M Attack and you have a few thousand extra HP and high M Attack, I will beat you down, guaranteed.

When the average level 80 player can dish out 80,000 hp or more damage with a single attack, having a few extra hit points isn't going to help that much. Go for Mdef, Pdef, illusion, and barrier before investing heavily in HP and never at the expense of defense. The main ways HP helps a mage is it pumps up your Suntoria spell which scales with your hit points and helps you survive tough fights.

Keep in mind that some people will troll you and give you bad advice...don't listen to anyone really. Take a look at the meanest, toughest, son of a cupcake mage on your server and copy their build, then improve on it. Or take a look at the mages in Tower of Kings, and go on a field trip to their server, and copy their builds for ideas

Some really good mages, like Eliatan are very open source and have blog posts, explaining the theorycraft behind their builds but not sure if it is ok to link that here or not.

For sure don't listen to Brutal Hobo on this one he's an archer..lol

drop your mdef and pdef gems for hp and block cymi, see if you like it
                since swapping to that build my survivability is much better

even though lil has better defenses than me (much better), she puts me as tank in stuff like arena, because she knows i can take the hits better
                even tho her, nor hanzo will either admit it
                im just a noob archer to them
                IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                Class: Archer
                Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Working...
                X