Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Arena matching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arena matching

    Why cant you fix a matching system more fair?? There must be more then 4 teams total in arena no??? How fun is it you think for ppl to face same OP cashers all the time??? If this game was more fair maybe more ppl would spend some cash for your benefit.. but constantly get ***** by your lousy matching system and unfair thinking stops that for many....

    I know you only in it for the cash.. but you want more.. make it more fair.

    TY for the opportunity to speak here.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mat-san View Post
    Why cant you fix a matching system more fair?? There must be more then 4 teams total in arena no??? How fun is it you think for ppl to face same OP cashers all the time??? If this game was more fair maybe more ppl would spend some cash for your benefit.. but constantly get ***** by your lousy matching system and unfair thinking stops that for many....

    I know you only in it for the cash.. but you want more.. make it more fair.

    TY for the opportunity to speak here.
    Hello.
    I would love to see some more info about this.
    Since the matchmaking system has not been made official,it's hard to predict how it works.
    Also,I would like to see your opinion on what "fair" means.
    I agree it's nice to fight opponents you can beat,but if let's say this changes your way,then you would only face teams you can beat.Would it be also considered fair for those teams?
    And in the next case,let's say you are 50k br,and in consequence to a changed matchmaking system,you will be able to get all wins,or almost.Would it be fair to the 450k+ BR players that you are put in the same league with them?
    From my point of view,"fair" has started to have personal influence regarding this issue.
    I am always game for changes,but you will need to suggest something that could work,not just state a change.
    This is a suggestion forum,and this topic is missing the suggestion part.
    I welcome everyone to come chip in with their opinions though.
    Take care.

    Comment


    • #3
      The thing with arena in this game is that it's a pay to win game so if you are not a camper or a heavy casher you will lose most arenas. Even as e medium casher what can you do against 400-450 k br ppl, nothing, especially if you only play for let's say 6 months. The entire population of this game is very low anyway for a mmorpg so the number of lvl 80 ppl is very low already. Then most of lvl 80 ppl that are not heavy cashers only do a few arenas one day a week to get in the first league and get the minimum weekly prize. So you will always meet very very strong ppl. The only things that could be changed is making some sorts of smaller server groups to do arenas within some brakets. Like first 100 servers than 100-200, 200-300. Otherwise i dont see how a medium casher playing for 6 months could beat another medium casher playing for 2 years. I dont really know how you can obtain some sort of balance on a pay to win game.. in a regular game smb playing for half a year would have same gear/stats with smb playing for 2 years.. but here with same lvl of cashing not posible..

      @Mentor_Alex "Would it be fair to the 450k+ BR players that you are put in the same league with them?" From that point of view it already isnt fair...want a print with 40 k br campers in Diamond league? A lvl 40 camper shouldnt be able to make enough points to get in the diamond league if you're talking fair to the lvl 80 450 k br ppl.
      Last edited by Darkwise; 12-07-2014, 10:46 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Darkwise View Post
        The thing with arena in this game is that it's a pay to win game so if you are not a camper or a heavy casher you will lose most arenas. Even as e medium casher what can you do against 400-450 k br ppl, nothing, especially if you only play for let's say 6 months. The entire population of this game is very low anyway for a mmorpg so the number of lvl 80 ppl is very low already. Then most of lvl 80 ppl that are not heavy cashers only do a few arenas one day a week to get in the first league and get the minimum weekly prize. So you will always meet very very strong ppl. The only things that could be changed is making some sorts of smaller server groups to do arenas within some brakets. Like first 100 servers than 100-200, 200-300. Otherwise i dont see how a medium casher playing for 6 months could beat another medium casher playing for 2 years. I dont really know how you can obtain some sort of balance on a pay to win game.. in a regular game smb playing for half a year would have same gear/stats with smb playing for 2 years.. but here with same lvl of cashing not posible..

        @Mentor_Alex "Would it be fair to the 450k+ BR players that you are put in the same league with them?" From that point of view it already isnt fair...want a print with 40 k br campers in Diamond league? A lvl 40 camper shouldnt be able to make enough points to get in the diamond league if you're talking fair to the lvl 80 450 k br ppl.
        I did see myself some low people being in diamond,and my personal opinion is that should not be doable,because it's just too easy to stay level 40,get about 80k br and one shot everyone you meet.
        Since the matching system has not been made public,I couldn't say if such things are intended,bugs,or cheats.
        In the spirit of this topic,I agree that the system could be improved,and above I was just saying that such a thing (the low br people you were talking about) should not happen(based on my personal opinion)
        Waiting for more feedback on this,take care

        Comment


        • #5
          may i join and share my opinion?
          first, those 40k br are level 39s, this only proves that matching is level-based and can easily get to diamond. my theory works
          i also want to improve/change the matching but i havent seen a good suggestion so far, there are too many complications.

          as the time goes on, i just realized that this is a PVP game, someone has to win and someone has to lose, its only natural.
          if all teams just want to win. i dunno if you can call that arena.
          I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
          and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

          Comment


          • #6
            Maybe you need to manipulate the matching system like most players are doing now. Making it so that they usually guaranteed 10-13 wins per arena.

            If you don't know how to to that, then maybe you need to watch how your opponents are set up and work from there!

            Comment


            • #7
              matching itself can be terrible, you can face easy enemies or monster enemies.

              only adjustment i want is to not face the same party over and over again. i dont really care how its matched since there is not a single fair system, but it seems doable and reasonable to just not face the same party within the matches you do.

              Comment


              • #8
                Let me start by saying i think the current matching system is mostly fair. Matching is based on players levels, or at least the level of the highest leveled player in the four player group arena team. For that matter....if you dont want to fight the lvl 80 so-called monsters you speak of....dont level up to lvl 80.

                For the matter of constantly meeting up with the same opponents in one arena session...yes, i believe that could be adjusted to a better working system in which you meet up with, if available at the time, more different teams instead of running into the same teams time after time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Asha_S30 View Post
                  Let me start by saying i think the current matching system is mostly fair. Matching is based on players levels, or at least the level of the highest leveled player in the four player group arena team. For that matter....if you dont want to fight the lvl 80 so-called monsters you speak of....dont level up to lvl 80.

                  For the matter of constantly meeting up with the same opponents in one arena session...yes, i believe that could be adjusted to a better working system in which you meet up with, if available at the time, more different teams instead of running into the same teams time after time.
                  My experience tells me the matching system is done considering the level of the person that opened the room, as Asha just stated

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gulldan View Post
                    My experience tells me the matching system is done considering the level of the person that opened the room, as Asha just stated
                    Not 100% true, the level is based upon the highest level in the room. The way to manipulate the matching is by having all the same level, but 1 of these must have a vastly lower BR than the others.
                    4 lv 80's, 3 with 250k+ br and 1 with 150-180Kbr who opens the room, this will USUALLY give you an easy matching unless there are a lot of teams employing the same strategy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                      Not 100% true, the level is based upon the highest level in the room. The way to manipulate the matching is by having all the same level, but 1 of these must have a vastly lower BR than the others.
                      4 lv 80's, 3 with 250k+ br and 1 with 150-180Kbr who opens the room, this will USUALLY give you an easy matching unless there are a lot of teams employing the same strategy.
                      Disagree.
                      When I played we always had a low level (lets say 45-49) and me and another mates (we were lvl 70-71).
                      Sometimes, indeed, we got bad matches, all we had to do was reopen the room (always with the low level guy leading) and it worked again.

                      Sorry Billy, but it is not related at all with BR, ame and my mates tested it over and over and over...

                      Go ask in the most experienced servers you will have the same reply.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Note: I played until August 2014, we had matches 3 X 3 in arena.

                        Unless they changed the match criteria in this new patch, I will insist in what I´ve written.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                          Not 100% true, the level is based upon the highest level in the room. The way to manipulate the matching is by having all the same level, but 1 of these must have a vastly lower BR than the others.
                          4 lv 80's, 3 with 250k+ br and 1 with 150-180Kbr who opens the room, this will USUALLY give you an easy matching unless there are a lot of teams employing the same strategy.
                          Originally posted by Gulldan View Post
                          Disagree.
                          When I played we always had a low level (lets say 45-49) and me and another mates (we were lvl 70-71).
                          Sometimes, indeed, we got bad matches, all we had to do was reopen the room (always with the low level guy leading) and it worked again.

                          Sorry Billy, but it is not related at all with BR, ame and my mates tested it over and over and over...

                          Go ask in the most experienced servers you will have the same reply.
                          Billy_McF, is totally correct - I personally have won approx 13/15 arena battles using this method no issues what so eva, and I know others that have deployed this method as well with the same results.

                          As for Gulldan - its just down to bad luck, or u have met others using this method.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mentor_Alex View Post
                            Hello.
                            I would love to see some more info about this.
                            Since the matchmaking system has not been made official,it's hard to predict how it works.
                            Also,I would like to see your opinion on what "fair" means.
                            I agree it's nice to fight opponents you can beat,but if let's say this changes your way,then you would only face teams you can beat.Would it be also considered fair for those teams?
                            And in the next case,let's say you are 50k br,and in consequence to a changed matchmaking system,you will be able to get all wins,or almost.Would it be fair to the 450k+ BR players that you are put in the same league with them?
                            From my point of view,"fair" has started to have personal influence regarding this issue.
                            I am always game for changes,but you will need to suggest something that could work,not just state a change.
                            This is a suggestion forum,and this topic is missing the suggestion part.
                            I welcome everyone to come chip in with their opinions though.
                            Take care.
                            Maybe use average total br in the groups, you realy think it is fun to figth some op players?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kravet View Post
                              Maybe use average total br in the groups, you realy think it is fun to figth some op players?
                              i doubt this will solve the issue, if you take average br, people will use low br players to drop the average br. For example 2 300k br and 2 150k br: average 225k br. im sure 2 300k br will easily whipe the other team if they are all around 225k.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X