Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Knights get only 3 advance runes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    first of all
    i could force feed a toddler alphabet soup wait a few hours and it would ****** out a more comprehensible sentence than that

and lol at you thinking a knight can clear sky trail 3.5 with around 235k br
    he doesnt have a hades btw, so thats out of the question

and hes on necro level 28 like me and he will probably finish it first as well
    my guardian is level 10, i might make it advanced but im working on getting my heal level 10
    and im sorry i dont have the luxury of throwing my wallet at the monitor like you casting "wizard spells" as you attempt to make your virtual character stronger

yes i love my guardian rune, and yes i use it all the time, and yes i win fights because of it
    but its not my fault players i fight cannot counter
    Cleared necro with 210k base br (http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228...#posts-8382647) and did sky 3.5 couple weeks later with blue hades
    lol at your raging btw, it's just a game no need to be that aggressive ^^ Also sorry but english isn't my first language so don't expect much better from me.

About counter guardian, it is totally possible and fairly easy to do with high enough br, but the way u said it's totally wrong when it come to well built players, anyway keep up the good mood buddy

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
      Wouldn't define 34% gb with 70k pdef and 60k mdef and all lvl 5 res red low, it's just that most of people talkin there never played a strong enough char to see how it is Just to make an example today in bg i got hit with 330k delphic (gotta say was kinda surprised) from a same br or so archer (archer didn't use mdef red, i didn't had apollo since it's useless for me in bg so this kinda balance everything out) and we weren't even in 50% damage boost, i won but that's another story..
      I assume you have 400k hp since you won against someone who delph you for 330k.
      If you used apollo then agoran, the damage would be reduced from 330k to 150k and you would just heal it back with a heal rune.

Then since he delph, it means he will go back to human form when the 50%timer comes, while you will become a sylph, and you will have a high chance of defeating him... Human forms have weaker defense than sylph form.

I think Brutal has a point...

Comment

actually im not mad at all
        and seeing your sylph br almost 60k
        so clearly 3 or 4 stars, and all those sepulcrum in it
        full 80 gear
        and only 210k br?

i laugh at the amount you have spent and at your br
        even having red astrals on
        its kinda sad really, and now i know exactly why you are whinging
        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
        Class: Archer
        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
          I kinda agree with one thing.

Purge Rune and Puri Rune should be upgradable and be able to remove normally non-dispellable effects, for example:

Adv Purge would be able to:
          • Remove Mars Will Effect (L2)
          • Remove Guardian Rune Effect (L5)
          • Remove, until next action, Immunity to Slow in PvE (L8)

The latter effect would play out great in PvE events like DI and SkyTrail to land a slow effect.

Adv Purification would be able to:
          • Always Removes Chaos effect from Self when used, cannot be hijacked by Chaos effect. (L2)
          • Leaves a Buff on all party members giving them immunity to debuffs (incl Stun) until next action. (L5)
          • Removes permanent debuffs, like those from Spire Bosses (L8)

Again, just some suggestions to make these Rune worthwhile as Advanced Runes.
          That would be pretty interesting. I kinda like having an advantage for once over knights in pvp though; nice for archers to not be bottom of the pile pvp-wise anymore.

Comment

What I can say is
            Yea knight got the shorter end of the stick so suck it
            When knights get a boost and its mages and archers to be weak

Then ur time have come
            To tell mages and archers to SUCK it

Fair ?

Slyph have weaken and diluted the strategy of paper rock scissors

I find the weakness in knights extremely refreshing to difference from the bland overall strategy
            However some clever knights have found a way to go around this weakness and make their rotation works

So have fun and suck it till u discover how other powerful knights do it
            KEEP ON COMPLAINING !!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA
            Last edited by Xeptone; 12-10-2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I will agree that knights get the short end in one regard: the puri rune and purge rune, even maxed, are still inferior to the actual skill (with the exception that runes can be cast at any time, even in sylph form), while guardian rune is superior to knight's shields and cannot be removed by scatter shot or purge or haunt like knight's shields can.

Mages get the short end with chaos rune; unlike the other classes, it steals every move we have that we rely on for survival. A well timed chaos will kill a mage while an knight can still cast agoran and an archer can sill use bloodthirsty.
              I haven't come across a rune that seems to unfairly target/nerf archers, but there are certain rune/skill combos that are very effective against archers.

In a way, it is still balanced. Knights can't use guardian rune, but they have naturally higher HP and tend to be the tankiest class in the game (survivability is their skill, so to speak). Maxed guardian rune may be OP, but it really just helps mages and archers be temporarily as tanky as a knight is. Mages get trolled hard core by chaos, but we also have more ways to heal than any other class, so if we can survive til the chaos ends, we'll be free to heal spam again...and we're still free to use guardian rune and heal rune without fear of chaos stealing either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                I assume you have 400k hp since you won against someone who delph you for 330k.
                If you used apollo then agoran, the damage would be reduced from 330k to 150k and you would just heal it back with a heal rune.

Then since he delph, it means he will go back to human form when the 50%timer comes, while you will become a sylph, and you will have a high chance of defeating him... Human forms have weaker defense than sylph form.

I think Brutal has a point...
                That dude was sure to oneshot me so he went straight sylph mode, jupiter's wrath and delphic, he did that right at start, if he did that on 50% i would have been oneshotted no matter what, and noone in a real pvp use delphic before 50%.

actually im not mad at all
                and seeing your sylph br almost 60k
                so clearly 3 or 4 stars, and all those sepulcrum in it
                full 80 gear
                and only 210k br?

i laugh at the amount you have spent and at your br
                even having red astrals on
                its kinda sad really, and now i know exactly why you are whinging
                U're so mad u forgot to check the date That was before unlimited gem event and maxed stab

@KS, chaos event at lvl 10 doesn't always steal your heal, it's a gamble, i mainly use it in bg to have focus with us on opponents and maybe make them kill their troops or to make mage think twice before heal but it's like a 50/50 chance u'll heal yourself or the opponent while under chaos so not even close to a delphic being shut down by a well timed guardian (now that most archer/mage use it in a dumb way it's another story)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                  That dude was sure to oneshot me so he went straight sylph mode, jupiter's wrath and delphic, he did that right at start, if he did that on 50% i would have been oneshotted no matter what, and noone in a real pvp use delphic before 50%.
                  )
                  1. So he did not use Shock Chain and still managed to get that 330k damage??
                  2. He used a delphic before 50%, so why are you saying NO ONE uses delph before 50%? Maybe your battle was not a real pvp??
                  3. Using Brutal's idea of using apollo and agoran, something like this would happen:

If he delphed at 50%, then the 330k would become 495k, we will round it to 500k.
                  Of course, since you have only 400k hp, you would be OHKO.
                  But if you used apollo and agoran, the 500k damage would be reduced to 270k (150k damage reduced from apollo and 80k reduced from agoran, total of 230k hp).

You would survive his delph at 50 % with 130k hp left, then use heal rune, healing you 120k hp (normal level 10 rune), and you would still have half hp left.

So I still think Brutal has a point, since an archer cannot use scatter in sylph form.

I have tried using his idea/tactic, so far, it works good, but it does not kill the enemy fast, which I do not like, since a waste of time..

Comment

My main is an archer but i used a 370k Knight (370k pre-patch) and awakening a bit late is the trick.

Go agoran as soon opponent uses sylph, cast apollo, wait till opponent chooses to delphic and you awaken (already at 50% extra dmg mark) hit/heal - hit/delphic (while your opponent is about to get outta sylph).

Afaik that was the strat (with minimal changes, perhaps?) that my friend used before quitting the game and he always did good vs same br or even higher br opponents of all classes.

Heck, mages are able to do this with their restoration and guardian rune.
                    Last edited by MSEngel; 12-11-2014, 10:25 PM.
                    East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
                      My main is an archer but i used a 370k Knight (370k pre-patch) and awakening a bit late is the trick.

Go agoran as soon opponent uses sylph, cast apollo, wait till opponent chooses to delphic and you awaken (already at 50% extra dmg mark) hit/heal - hit/delphic (while your opponent is about to get outta sylph).

Afaik that was the strat (with minimal changes, perhaps?) that my friend used before quitting the game and he always did good vs same br or even higher br opponents of all classes.

Heck, mages are able to do this with their restoration and guardian rune.
                      it works for mages too, and so do many other strategies
                      i guess what im saying is
                      dont be a sheep, all sheep do is follow each other
                      do your own strategies, ever since sylphs come out everyone thinks, first to sylph wins
                      this is not the case

Comment

Do your own strategies, ever since sylphs come out everyone thinks, first to sylph wins
                        this is not the case
                        Had to wait like 10 months before I see someone other than me say that lol (I know there were other similar mindset hidden in the community though)

And your gm knight plays a style similar to mine it seems :P

Comment

Originally posted by R226329038 View Post
                          Had to wait like 10 months before I see someone other than me say that lol (I know there were other similar mindset hidden in the community though)

And your gm knight plays a style similar to mine it seems :P

well its true
                          for the longest time everyone i fought in bg just went straight to sylph
                          meanwhile it was me taking my time throwing up an incendiary and a guardian rune absorbing their attacks before sylphing
                          i was using guardian rune way before people seen how good it was
                          i watched thrells class wars video the first time he won and was shocked to see none of the top archers using a guardian

Comment

dont be a sheep, all sheep do is follow each other
                            do your own strategies, ever since sylphs come out everyone thinks, first to sylph wins
                            this is not the case
                            best strategy: adapt, to the particular fight, to the game, to life.

After 1st hit you should know the approximate strength of your opponent, should you afk kill him facerolling, should you just afk, cause he is much much stronger, or use your game experience to foresee his next move and try to counter it.

Still advanced guardian rune is not right.
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

well its true
                              for the longest time everyone i fought in bg just went straight to sylph
                              meanwhile it was me taking my time throwing up an incendiary and a guardian rune absorbing their attacks before sylphing
                              i was using guardian rune way before people seen how good it was
                              i watched thrells class wars video the first time he won and was shocked to see none of the top archers using a guardian
                              About a year, ago, I started writing in-depth analysis of all classes, studying the system, how things work, efficient combos and strategies etc... (Took me like..15-20 pages of microsoft word for each class iirc xD) (got updated with sylph patch too). But meh, the more I approached the community, the more I was..."disgusted" (for a lack of word lol), never bothered to post them (not sure it would've mattered or been cared about though).
                              And I stuck with knight because I liked the triple deflect chance (passive/astral/AQ) and bleed rune while being able to play defensively (Bleed wh're right there <3)

About Top players class wars.. I watched some top players (CW winners at the time for some lol, not gonna name anyone though) Delphic-ing with troops alive.. Those wounded me deeply xD

Comment

Who believed it was the "first one who sylph wins?"

I did not believed that... What I knew is the one who delph at 50% usually wins.

But then it still depends on situation... You could sylph at beginning, then force stop awakening, then try to survive sylph round (well, the 50% timer should be the proper name on it).. You might be able to sylph until 100% timer mark comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X