Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Flash EOL

Attention: Adobe has blocked flash content from playing beginning January 12th. Please update to new client version 1.1.2.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Have questions or concerns you want to talk about? Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Army of Heroes versus Genuinely Big World Boss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Army of Heroes versus Genuinely Big World Boss

    I admit I haven't participated in a lot of World Boss battles, but I've been bored whenever I participate. It lasts 3 rounds (boss kills your troops, then you), then you wait to respawn.

    I have some suggestions to make it faster and more interesting:

    (1) A World Boss should count as 9 creatures. This way, you have more incentive to use your full skill tree. Area Effect/multi-unit hits would treat the World Boss, as if there were nine creatures in the enemy party.

    (2) Instead of everyone going into their private arena against the boss, I recommend a constant stream of heroes. Here's how it would work:

    (a) Everyone goes into a long queue. There are multiple arenas just like right now, but in each arena, we start with six players and a dummy front row of CannonFodder units that don't attack, so that these initial heroes can get in some attacks before they die horribly:

    Hero4 - Hero1 - CannonFodder
    Hero5 - Hero2 - CannonFodder
    Hero6 - Hero3 - CannonFodder

    (b) Whenever a Troop or Hero dies, that row moves forward. The rear rank is immediately filled by the first available Hero waiting in the queue. Heroes in the queue are put in whatever arena has room for them.
    So, after round 1, things might look like this:

    Hero7 - Hero4 - Hero1
    Hero5 - Hero2 - CannonFodder
    Hero6 - Hero3 - CannonFodder

    After round 3, we would probably have this:

    Hero7 - Hero4 - Hero1
    Hero8 - Hero5 - Hero2
    Hero9 - Hero6 - Hero3

    In the unlikely case where an arena is not full, empty spots are filled with CannonFodder which are replaced when a Hero becomes available to enter the arena (i.e., their load screen finishes).

    (c) There is NO Respawn Delay. You are immediately put back in the queue to go into the first arena that has an available slot. You retain your Rage, so the longer you are helping to fight the World Boss, the stronger you can come back and start laying down your big powers.
    Ideally there will be enough Arenas that you can almost constantly be in the World Boss battle.

    (d) Whenever you are attacked by the World Boss and survive, you are credited with half the damage total of everyone else in that round, to acknowledge that you helped everyone get in a free hit. If they kill the boss, you get a fraction of the bonus reward.

    (e) Bosses will now not just attack a single front row unit. They always go for CannonFodder first. If there is no CannonFodder...
    > Ragnoch (worm) tunnels, so he always randomly attacks any Hero in any location in the formation.
    > Redoga Drake has a small chance to breathe fire that hits the entire front rank.
    > BloodFang (wolf) has a small chance of charging and hitting an entire row.
    WarTune [S40] The Badlands - "Medic"

  • #2
    And then on turn 7 like always hit everything for around 5 mil damage right?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by R24329765 View Post
      I admit I haven't participated in a lot of World Boss battles, but I've been bored whenever I participate. It lasts 3 rounds (boss kills your troops, then you), then you wait to respawn.

      I have some suggestions to make it faster and more interesting:

      (1) A World Boss should count as 9 creatures. This way, you have more incentive to use your full skill tree. Area Effect/multi-unit hits would treat the World Boss, as if there were nine creatures in the enemy party.

      (2) Instead of everyone going into their private arena against the boss, I recommend a constant stream of heroes. Here's how it would work:

      (a) Everyone goes into a long queue. There are multiple arenas just like right now, but in each arena, we start with six players and a dummy front row of CannonFodder units that don't attack, so that these initial heroes can get in some attacks before they die horribly:

      Hero4 - Hero1 - CannonFodder
      Hero5 - Hero2 - CannonFodder
      Hero6 - Hero3 - CannonFodder

      (b) Whenever a Troop or Hero dies, that row moves forward. The rear rank is immediately filled by the first available Hero waiting in the queue. Heroes in the queue are put in whatever arena has room for them.
      So, after round 1, things might look like this:

      Hero7 - Hero4 - Hero1
      Hero5 - Hero2 - CannonFodder
      Hero6 - Hero3 - CannonFodder

      After round 3, we would probably have this:

      Hero7 - Hero4 - Hero1
      Hero8 - Hero5 - Hero2
      Hero9 - Hero6 - Hero3

      In the unlikely case where an arena is not full, empty spots are filled with CannonFodder which are replaced when a Hero becomes available to enter the arena (i.e., their load screen finishes).

      (c) There is NO Respawn Delay. You are immediately put back in the queue to go into the first arena that has an available slot. You retain your Rage, so the longer you are helping to fight the World Boss, the stronger you can come back and start laying down your big powers.
      Ideally there will be enough Arenas that you can almost constantly be in the World Boss battle.

      (d) Whenever you are attacked by the World Boss and survive, you are credited with half the damage total of everyone else in that round, to acknowledge that you helped everyone get in a free hit. If they kill the boss, you get a fraction of the bonus reward.

      (e) Bosses will now not just attack a single front row unit. They always go for CannonFodder first. If there is no CannonFodder...
      > Ragnoch (worm) tunnels, so he always randomly attacks any Hero in any location in the formation.
      > Redoga Drake has a small chance to breathe fire that hits the entire front rank.
      > BloodFang (wolf) has a small chance of charging and hitting an entire row.
      Its not a bad idea, but I don't know how much I like the queue aspect of it, some people already complain about lag, so what happens if the person that gets queued into the fight has really bad lag problems, is the fight just going to stop till they load up, or is the fight going to continue and they won't be able to use their skills? I mean I'm a tank knight(yes by choice), so I only average around 9-10k per fight(due to the fact I don't die till WB ults me), but I don't know is this would help or hurt more.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
        Its not a bad idea, but I don't know how much I like the queue aspect of it, some people already complain about lag, so what happens if the person that gets queued into the fight has really bad lag problems, is the fight just going to stop till they load up, or is the fight going to continue and they won't be able to use their skills? I mean I'm a tank knight(yes by choice), so I only average around 9-10k per fight(due to the fact I don't die till WB ults me), but I don't know is this would help or hurt more.
        I think people will just have to understand that a massive community event like this can produce lag, so they must accept AFK mode taking over.
        Maybe have just 1 load screen and your character is grey-ghosted on screen and NOT in the queue until you either turn on AFK or press a skill button. When you enter an arena, you never leave -- no unloading/reloading of screens.
        When you die, you are grey-ghosted until it is your turn to enter formation again. You never leave the arena screen once it starts. You just watch different heroes coming in and out of formation. Worst case you close your browser and the game automatically kills you and drops you from the queue.
        In the unlikely case where they actually need to change arenas after you have been assigned, they can just swap in the necessary formation on screen (it'll probably look like suddenly the formation is composed of different people).
        ??? -- All this is speculation. I can't say I understand the full programming capabilities of browser games.
        Last edited by R24329765; 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM.
        WarTune [S40] The Badlands - "Medic"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post
          And then on turn 7 like always hit everything for around 5 mil damage right?
          Huh?
          I'm only Level 29. Haven't seen any 5+ digit damage dealt. Yet.
          WarTune [S40] The Badlands - "Medic"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by R24329765 View Post
            Huh?
            I'm only Level 29. Haven't seen any 5+ digit damage dealt. Yet.
            If you happen to live through 6 turns, on the 7th turn the boss gets a bit upset and 1 shots your group.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R24329765 View Post
              I think people will just have to understand that a massive community event like this can produce lag, so they must accept AFK mode taking over.
              Maybe have just 1 load screen and your character is grey-ghosted on screen and NOT in the queue until you either turn on AFK or press a skill button. When you enter an arena, you never leave -- no unloading/reloading of screens.
              When you die, you are grey-ghosted until it is your turn to enter formation again. You never leave the arena screen once it starts. You just watch different heroes coming in and out of formation. Worst case you close your browser and the game automatically kills you and drops you from the queue.
              In the unlikely case where they actually need to change arenas after you have been assigned, they can just swap in the necessary formation on screen (it'll probably look like suddenly the formation is composed of different people).
              ??? -- All this is speculation. I can't say I understand the full programming capabilities of browser games.
              I generate better rewards manually controlling my char, being forced to go afk for the sake of this...not really interested.

              Comment


              • #8
                5 million or million times damage is world boss special or how i call it WB delphic
                it deals a set of strikes on 1 turn which deals damage per strike
                each strike is worth 1 million

                also this idea sounds a bit annoying to implement well thats how i feel anyway
                too much work and result is complaints on imbalance
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                I am a 100% Noob

                I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                Become a friend and be kind

                hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                MY GUIDES:
                [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
                  If you happen to live through 6 turns, on the 7th turn the boss gets a bit upset and 1 shots your group.
                  Is this some sort of game "feature" to help the server run the World Boss battles? To make sure everyone gets kicked out after 6 turns max?
                  I come from PC SP campaign mode gaming and something like this would be terribly annoying. Well, lots about WarTune is weird to me given my different background.
                  WarTune [S40] The Badlands - "Medic"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X