Arena Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Failure

Dont care if there is another thread. Not here to talk about where I post this.

R2 is all about the money.

Well that being said....How are you encouraging new players to come and play when they can not do arena? I am 48 and I will do my 5 for daily and thats it. I know many on my server at lvl 43 that dont even have the lvl 35 set yet. People say its because they afk in bg's. I would as well. Lvl 50's farming them in bg, and you lose anyway. why not. you still get your 30. but lets talk arena. why not make them in brackets? why not go off BR? Why allow a team of lvl 20's fight a team with 49+? where is the fairness in this? If you say that they should just hope for npc's? but a gun to your mouth and pull the trigger. we were all small once. but many of us started at the same time. this game is not meant for new comers. no wonder the 1st several servers died. everyone went to newer servers to get an equal advantage. dont ranting.

Sadly its true. I can't do Bg's with being constantly farmed by lvl 40 and up. And I am only a new lv 37. I am not gonna pay 300$ to try and be the best and be a bragging asshat. First off all who really has that kind of money to blow? Arena's should be matched up by at least level's or like you said battle rating. I'm frankly tired of being bullied because when we do arena they know if your good or not or if your a weak p.o.s. So it makes them happy to know they can just keep farming you until you walk away from the computer without destroying it.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassKiss View Post
      Sadly its true. I can't do Bg's with being constantly farmed by lvl 40 and up. And I am only a new lv 37. I am not gonna pay 300$ to try and be the best and be a bragging asshat. First off all who really has that kind of money to blow? Arena's should be matched up by at least level's or like you said battle rating. I'm frankly tired of being bullied because when we do arena they know if your good or not or if your a weak p.o.s. So it makes them happy to know they can just keep farming you until you walk away from the computer without destroying it.
      I'm confused, you do BGs and are getting farmed by 40+ even though you are in the 30-39 bracket? Not happening sorry. Now the arena is actually either based on lvl or BR. Team up with players who are your BR/lvl and you will see more matches at your power lvl. Now I'm not saying you won't run into bigger players. That will happen too but you should run into matches more of your lvl/br.
      Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
      BR: 67K
      Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

the topic is not supposed to be about bg. arenas it is though. and sorry there is no matchmaking on our server for arena. my wifes team is a great example. lvl 36, lvl 38, and a lvl 23. 1 has 3 pieces to the lvl 35 set. the rest not so much. they are constantly matched with groups consisting of 46+ with full 45 sets. another team I know is all lvl 33's as they level together. they have 2 pieces of 35 set each. yet matched with the big dogs in full 45 sets. I could go on and on about this. its not right. I am one of those big dogs, but I stopped all together because they need the insigs, not me. they SHOULD match by BR, they could mach by lvl, or gear set (which would basically be BR) but they do not. it may work on other servers, but not this one, as we lost many active players due to a few cash payers in the beginning destroying everyone else. and now people come back and have no way to gear up in a reasonable manner. Point is, those newcomers should have even matches instead of getting thrown to the wolves. they dont stand a chance when they only get even matches 5 or 6 times in 2 hours of arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogey View Post
          the topic is not supposed to be about bg. arenas it is though. and sorry there is no matchmaking on our server for arena. my wifes team is a great example. lvl 36, lvl 38, and a lvl 23. 1 has 3 pieces to the lvl 35 set. the rest not so much. they are constantly matched with groups consisting of 46+ with full 45 sets. another team I know is all lvl 33's as they level together. they have 2 pieces of 35 set each. yet matched with the big dogs in full 45 sets. I could go on and on about this. its not right. I am one of those big dogs, but I stopped all together because they need the insigs, not me. they SHOULD match by BR, they could mach by lvl, or gear set (which would basically be BR) but they do not. it may work on other servers, but not this one, as we lost many active players due to a few cash payers in the beginning destroying everyone else. and now people come back and have no way to gear up in a reasonable manner. Point is, those newcomers should have even matches instead of getting thrown to the wolves. they dont stand a chance when they only get even matches 5 or 6 times in 2 hours of arena.
          You want to gain insigs fast? Do it gearless. Average match takes 1-2 minutes. Gearless the battle is over in about 20-30 secs. You can get around 50-60 insigs per arena that way plus the 10 you get from the quest. You'll get more than if you win several. Problem solved.
          That first group the one with the 36, 38 and 23? That 23 kills that group. That's why that group loses. The other one may be similar lvl but what about BR? Just because they are the same lvl doesn't mean they have similar BR. I guarantee you have similar lvl/BR and you will get matched with groups similar to you most of the time. That similarity could be a bit higher or a bit lower. You will still get matched with bigs though. No way to avoid that.
          Yitien:

Comment

I am trying to help lower guild member's so is my partner. Its what we do. My pride isn't big enough to ignore the little ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassKiss View Post
              I am trying to help lower guild member's so is my partner. Its what we do. My pride isn't big enough to ignore the little ppl.
              That's admirable but the only thing you are accomplishing is ensuring you will never win a GA match. You are just hurting them in the long run tbh. Better to pair them up with members their lvl/BR...preferably BR. The two of you can't carry that team and you will lose most of the matches.
              Yitien:

Comment

try playing on a server that is just coming back. the 3 that are same level are all w/in 500 br of eachother. sitting at 14kish. matched with 21k opponents. yes people could go naked and win 1 at a time, but the point is it should be matched better. I had a great team that only lost 3 or 4 matches in a session. I am standing up for those that are weaker. Barbarossa I know you have see and commented on other posts where 7roads has controlled r2 and been in the wrong. this is one of those cases. your server may be functional for arena. Ours is not. make a char on termini cliff. high and low players will say the same. the high love it because they farm the **** out of low in both arena and bg. our low rarely make 40 because they give up. thats not right and its a loss of a potential cash player if they run into money. as you have said they can go to other games where cash and non cash can be treated equally.

Comment

I agree with ya about how bad it sucks for the non-cashers. I can only speak from experience so I'll have to take your word on that server. I don't play on it and prolly won't cause its way too much effort for my one toon let alone another :P
                  I also agree 100% that the arena should be in brackets. I think I mentioned that in another post or something. Should be 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 etc for both the BG and the GA (I have a feeling sooner or later the BG will have the 20's bracket). I can't say a whole lot about BGs cause I am one of those who farm for honor. I really don't need the insigs now but I like the honor (really don't need it either for that matter). Of course I also try to go after those who are bigger too. I've been on both sides of the fence before and it is frustrating but nothing can be done about the BGs really but I agree the arena does need to be set up in brackets. I wish I had a good answer for you about the GA but I don't other than what I've already mentioned. I feel for ya though and the lowbies. Only thing to do is keep truckin'.
                  Yitien:

Comment

this thread is all about a broken mechanic in the game, I am one a top 50 non-casher player on my server and in group arena the fights are way too inconsistent based on the grouping I am in, I go in a group with similar levels and the fights are just way unpredictable. about 1 out of 5 matches are matches that are on par with our group and fun matches to have than the other 4 are either against groups way lower or way higher. so basically one out of five is equal ground only a twenty percent clip. i feel for the lower players too as i just don't like simply one hit killing the entire group and than moving on as it is just plain not fair. the other problem though facing the group arena is the server population and how many groups are in the arena fighting, I have noticed this way too frequently lately that in my server and I am assuming others as well that there maybe...just maybe are only twenty or so groups fighting so the chances of equal fighting are starting too diminish more and more. the reason for this is put simply servers are dying and dying at alarming rates, I won't get into the reasoning why as I have posted too many posts about it that seem to be ignored on all levels. with server population dying I really am afraid that there probably will NEVER BE any equal ground fighting in group arena anymore, it is sad but unfortunately it is the truth...okay my rant over...
                    giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
                    server 164 brighthollow
                    class : archer
                    current level : 54
                    favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

well put. and anyone that plays the game can name several reasons the servers are dying. thought would be instead of creating 50 more servers, how about combine some. god forbid they think logically.

Comment

I agree. Combine the 50 into 25 servers.And then,I can't stress this enough..and then LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS!!!!! When you create a Game and don't even PLAY it.What does that say?
                        This game has so mush to offer.But when you constantly add new interesting things that cost "MONEY"! I think then we see why the Developers don't play "They can't afford it". xD
                        Any way off my rant there.Seriously it's simple to keep the game from dying.Step 1.combine 50 servers into 25(that will bring more players together per server)Step 2.Finish all the "Coming Soon's.(Still waiting on Farm to be finished)Step 3.There are 3 main things the Players/Payers would like to see added on here.We all know what those main things are,Sockets,Keys,Trade System.(Tip:Players know what the games need,cause they are the ones Paying/Playing it.)Thank you that is all'

Comment

Originally posted by Boogey View Post
                          Dont care if there is another thread. Not here to talk about where I post this.

R2 is all about the money.

Well that being said....How are you encouraging new players to come and play when they can not do arena? I am 48 and I will do my 5 for daily and thats it. I know many on my server at lvl 43 that dont even have the lvl 35 set yet. People say its because they afk in bg's. I would as well. Lvl 50's farming them in bg, and you lose anyway. why not. you still get your 30. but lets talk arena. why not make them in brackets? why not go off BR? Why allow a team of lvl 20's fight a team with 49+? where is the fairness in this? If you say that they should just hope for npc's? but a gun to your mouth and pull the trigger. we were all small once. but many of us started at the same time. this game is not meant for new comers. no wonder the 1st several servers died. everyone went to newer servers to get an equal advantage. dont ranting.
                          i am in an old server S2 to be exact
                          i am doing just fine yeah i accept due to the reduction of arena reward and me having to wake up early in the morning just to get honor and insignia i am finding it difficult to catch up to other players and lacking insignia > level 45 PVP gear > honor
                          but at the end of the day i am fine as it is i have no problems and i never ever ever AFK in BG cause i need it
                          AFK players have 2 motives
                          1. ruin their own team into losing and make the other team win (usually happens when alt and main are used like 1 player brings his alt to the opposite team and he/she AFKs and wala motive achieved)

2. Free runners : some players are just too lazy or very weak to run the BG so the AFK and get free reward no matter how low it is

so don't blame the game talk with ur server and make a change
                          the game is good

Arena:
                          the match ups are based on BR last time i checked
                          it depends on who ur partner is lets say level 40 - level 45(full pvp set with level 40 crypt set) - level 30 then the match will either have a bunch of overpowered players warping the arena or a bunch of weak players getting squished per turn + the match goes like this

Check of the ready teams -> BR match ups -> rate of win/lose -> level power

so lets say the BR match is messed it doesn't mean u will be put in a no win situation cause u will not be matched unless u have minimum 25% chance of winning(success)

arena is right now kinda easily being distorted by players since
                          this is whats happening

guildmate + guild mate + strange

lowbie + lowbie + overpowered

all class

triple class combo

all guildmate onslaught

all BR onslught

these are some tricks players use and this is a good way to mess with the match up system cause after doing this it depends on luck

so until this gets fixed u will have to wait ok

PS: The results from the tests were conducted by me but there are not accurate and there are not proven

ALL BUGS WILL HAVE TO BE FIXED ONE DAY OR ANOTHER
                          Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 10-24-2012, 02:28 AM.
                          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                            i am in an old server S2 to be exact
                            i am doing just fine yeah i accept due to the reduction of arena reward and me having to wake up early in the morning just to get honor and insignia i am finding it difficult to catch up to other players and lacking insignia > level 45 PVP gear > honor
                            but at the end of the day i am fine as it is i have no problems and i never ever ever AFK in BG cause i need it
                            AFK players have 2 motives
                            1. ruin their own team into losing and make the other team win (usually happens when alt and main are used like 1 player brings his alt to the opposite team and he/she AFKs and wala motive achieved)

2. Free runners : some players are just too lazy or very weak to run the BG so the AFK and get free reward no matter how low it is

so don't blame the game talk with ur server and make a change
                            the game is good

Arena:
                            the match ups are based on BR last time i checked
                            it depends on who ur partner is lets say level 40 - level 45(full pvp set with level 40 crypt set) - level 30 then the match will either have a bunch of overpowered players warping the arena or a bunch of weak players getting squished per turn + the match goes like this

Check of the ready teams -> BR match ups -> rate of win/lose -> level power

so lets say the BR match is messed it doesn't mean u will be put in a no win situation cause u will not be matched unless u have minimum 25% chance of winning(success)

arena is right now kinda easily being distorted by players since
                            this is whats happening

guildmate + guild mate + strange

lowbie + lowbie + overpowered

all class

triple class combo

all guildmate onslaught

all BR onslught

these are some tricks players use and this is a good way to mess with the match up system cause after doing this it depends on luck

so until this gets fixed u will have to wait ok

PS: The results from the tests were conducted by me but there are not accurate and there are not proven

ALL BUGS WILL HAVE TO BE FIXED ONE DAY OR ANOTHER
                            i don't know what you server pop is. but the reason in most servers that there is unbalanced arena is the lack of fighting teams, heck in mine it is just 20 teams or even that going nowadays, heck my last group arena i fought npc fight 11 times, thats right 11 times that just proves the server is nearly dead and i know may others are experiencing the same thing and also why are you going off topic about the battleground? this thread is not about battleground at all so no idea why you threw that in there.
                            giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
                            server 164 brighthollow
                            class : archer
                            current level : 54
                            favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by dethmatic View Post
                              i don't know what you server pop is. but the reason in most servers that there is unbalanced arena is the lack of fighting teams, heck in mine it is just 20 teams or even that going nowadays, heck my last group arena i fought npc fight 11 times, thats right 11 times that just proves the server is nearly dead and i know may others are experiencing the same thing and also why are you going off topic about the battleground? this thread is not about battleground at all so no idea why you threw that in there.
                              i am explaining about both BG and arena
                              just because u fought 1 team over and over again just means that they and u got ready at that same point of time
                              have u tried that in a different group?
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X