Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Shadow Crystals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Crystals

This is not to be confused with the soul crystals.
    About shadow crystals:
    - green crystals, purple quality resource (purple slot in inventory)
    - collected mainly for guild quest to gain tons of exp
    - plays a role in one of the imperial glory quest

If there has been an existing thread on this one, pls direct me.
    Else, here's my question:
    what is the true purpose of shadow crystals knowing it's a purple
    quality resource but many low level players don't consider it that way?
    Is it so important as to level up than to build hero stats first? (slow levelling)
    "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
    Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
    Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Shadow Crystals, like Battleground Shards, go back to the beginning days of the game. They were both truly valued 2 years ago, but have been overshadowed by gradual development of newer items that provide more power. To give a point of reference for the value of shadow crystals when they game started, here is a list of things that give experience, but were added to the game much later ...

Lvl 60, 70, and 80 multi-player dungeons
    Lvl 60 thru lvl 70 solo dungeons
    Tower of Kings (which later added an exp boost based on VIP level)
    Tormented Necropolis
    Fish Tank, providing abundant Shadow Crystals and Bounty Scrolls for free
    Sky Trail
    ... not gonna try to think of everything.

Edit: the only change with Shadow Crystals is the addition of higher-level rewards as the game added higher levels to the characters.
    Last edited by R252856585; 12-17-2014, 09:57 AM.
    Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
    Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
    Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
    Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Long story short, when game started they were purple, things don't change color cause they suck now.

Comment

Shadow crystals are useful until you've completely capped your xp - 2.5 million xp every day or two is not too bad for the minimal effort it takes to get them. Besides, other purple items that are junk once you're maxed out:
        soul crystals
        xp books
        sylph xp scrolls
        socketing rods
        fate stones
        plus a bunch of others that are situationally either good or completely useless, like wedding items if you're not married

So I don't know why you'd single out shadow crystals, I've stockpiled a bunch as a hedge against the potential need for more xp to gain advanced talents. Plenty of items are useful at one point and not at all later. Only campers want to avoid them.

Comment

For what I know, and you should be able to tell too:
          enhanced bounty scrolls do a better job of rewarding players gold and exp gain
          for completing the quest instead of just exp alone...
          Shadow crystals - another white elephant...
          "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
          Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
          Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Working...
          X