The rings are bugged.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rings are bugged.

I would appreciate if someone took the time to look into this issue.

In order to test rage reduction I entered Spire today with my mage, who is level 80 and have double rage reduction rings (2x Void of Darkness.) I wanted to see if I noticed a difference in the triggers from using just one.

I made 100 moves and I got the 50% popup only twice. That is a 2% trigger rate.

In order to check if the rings somehow counteracted each other I entered a second time with only one equipped and made 50 moves. That time it triggered only once, again for a 2% rate.

Surely this can't be right? I know it is a pretty small statistic sample but it feels like it should be enough to demonstrate.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Yesheron; 12-18-2014, 02:22 AM.

Maybe double rings doesn't stack on % chance but on % reduction.
    For example you should be gaining rage when using skills other than bolt.

If you're confused about the rate, it's relative to how many moves you make.
    I'm not sure what you are asking, 2% of 200 moves will be 4 triggers, and so on.
    [morfinnor]
    Temple of Ibalize

Comment

They do not stack on percent reduction, that is for sure.

I just think that a 2% chance to reduce rage seems awfully small.

Comment

Those are just small unit test.
        You definitely should gather the stats from more representative group of moves.

Also, no one said, that those rings can stack

Comment

The confidence interval for a 2%/98% distribution with a sample size of 100 is very small (1.93%-2.07% with a confidence level of 99%.)

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
            The confidence interval for a 2%/98% distribution with a sample size of 100 is very small (1.93%-2.07% with a confidence level of 99%.)
            i needed your help for my statistics exam few days ago:P

wartune loves to put gamble factors into the game as thngs will happen or not, same like droprate. problem is you cant claim anything since r2 never specified what a chance could be. could be 20% could be 0,1%.

seeing out of your moves it shows that its not stackable or that the amount of attempts is too small to give a significant difference.

Comment

Working...
            X