Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Dimensions ran out -> problem + suggested solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions ran out -> problem + suggested solution

A guild mate was sad this morning because his dimension ran out, and he didn't realize he didn't have 100 coordinate shard (to turn into coordinate chest). I asked a mentor for him (I was curious about it myself), and the mentor said the solution was to get coordinate shards from events outside dimension war activity.

This problem could occur to a player at any time when not paying attention or being offline for longer period of time (for example internet problems), and there won't always be hot events to get the necessary coord shards to open new dimension fast. This means a player could lose out on doing dimension war for a longer time period.

So I would like to suggest making coordinate shards and/or coordinate chests more accessible outside the dimension wars activity. Either put them in shop (for bound balens so not only cashers can avoid missing out on dimwars), or by adding coord shards/chests to amethyst exchange or wilds shop (downside to amth.exchange and wilds shop is they might become too easy or random to collect).

There's a FREE basic coord chest every 26 days, from devo.
    If they get it under 14 days devo then no one would worry about dimensions expiring.
    Missing out on stuff is part of toon development, as any errorrs.
    That's what makes one toon different from another.
    [morfinnor]
    Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I have to agree with this. getting an intermediate of higher chest should take/require some effort. being able to buy even basic chests would risk making them easier to attain. There should be some risk involved, and also some skill/planning in doing the dimension runs.

in this thread is some very useful tips/ strategy for making the most out of your runs:
      http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....n-out.-The-End
      If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Honestly, I did not know the free coord chest is every 26 days. I thought there was just a one time only quest to get first dimension, then after that we're on our own. If the quest is repeatable each month then yes agreed this works well enough. In my defense, the ppl I discussed this with, although most of them dedicated players, didn't know this either.

I am sort of embarassed I missed an already existing thread about this. I did scroll down the list of threads in forum, but not that far assuming dimension wars is a new feature so can't be too old posts about it, plus I lost a lot of time reading the threads I just wanted to scroll down (curious about other suggestions/feedback ppl had). Sorry for making a 2nd thread about the same topic.

Well since the described problem doesn't exist (at least not in the severity I thought it did), and there already being a thread about this, could a moderator/GM delete or close this thread please?

Comment

Originally posted by triggerh View Post
          Honestly, I did not know the free coord chest is every 26 days. I thought there was just a one time only quest to get first dimension, then after that we're on our own. If the quest is repeatable each month then yes agreed this works well enough. In my defense, the ppl I discussed this with, although most of them dedicated players, didn't know this either.

I am sort of embarassed I missed an already existing thread about this. I did scroll down the list of threads in forum, but not that far assuming dimension wars is a new feature so can't be too old posts about it, plus I lost a lot of time reading the threads I just wanted to scroll down (curious about other suggestions/feedback ppl had). Sorry for making a 2nd thread about the same topic.

Well since the described problem doesn't exist (at least not in the severity I thought it did), and there already being a thread about this, could a moderator/GM delete or close this thread please?
          You are not the only there someone in my guild who was in similar situation but managed to get enough from finding remaining encounters but at least I know what to do if and when it happens again.

As for looking for threads it can be a nightmare trying to find one even it is two or three days old it can get buried quickly.

DarkMeph
          Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerh View Post

No worries, it happens all the time These forums can be pretty confusing to search (and more importantly: FIND) what you're looking for. So no harm done I can merge it into the other one for you, if you want. Just let me know.
            "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
            and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Dunno how anyone is running out of dimensions, It takes 2 mins to use up energy and very easy to complete basic.

Got 17 basic extra lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
                Dunno how anyone is running out of dimensions, It takes 2 mins to use up energy and very easy to complete basic.

Got 17 basic extra lol.
                2 mins? very nice wish i was that fast?:P

the main issue which will occur (probably more often) is that lower levels players could not finish it. for dimensional map you need high resis, but low levels dont have all the resis shields unlocked, so its harder for them to finish it since they have less resistance. they could solve it with getting shards instead of clearing the map, however for now we cannot say which option should be chosen since we dont have enough samples to decide if getting shards would be more effective or clearing the map

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                  No worries, it happens all the time These forums can be pretty confusing to search (and more importantly: FIND) what you're looking for. So no harm done I can merge it into the other one for you, if you want. Just let me know.
                  Since the replies given here are about the same as the other thread, merging threads or just deleting this one would be best imo. No reason to have more threads than necessary in forum, there are already 300 pages of threads in suggestions & feedback forum alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X