Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The advantage of having no crops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The advantage of having no crops?

I've seen some people who have empty fields. I don't understand what they have to gain by doing that. Even if everyone steals from your crops, don't you always harvest back more than you paid for the seed?
    WarTune [S40] The Badlands - "Medic"

They may just forgot to grow their crops or quit the game already, so you don't have to worry about that.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
      They may just forgot to grow their crops or quit the game already, so you don't have to worry about that.
      I dunno... They are active on and off. I think their tree still gets energized and harvested, so they are around. Just no crops. It takes less than a minute to plant new ones. In the worst case, you can just leave your crops for other people to harvest and revive so you both get Friendliness bonus and your Farm Friends get XP from reviving. No real effort on your part to even leave your crops there. I must be missing something here...

Comment

Well, you do need gold to buy crops.
        Possibly they just get in to contribute all their gold to the guild and log off.
        Or sometimes to them crops aren't worth their effort, or they just simply, don't want to plant crops.

Useless
        ...but actually does something like stalk every word you post
        Forum-cleaner

This moderator is unreliable, I'm serious

Comment

Or....
          Because they dont like things being 'stolen' from them. Even though after being stolen, they'd still gain something. It's their constant selfish mentality.
          "Somebody gained something at my expense, I'd rather have net gain of zero instead."

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
            Exactly...no bonus whatsoever to NOt plant any crops.....

Comment

Or maybe they don't plant anything cause they know they will be going offline. If I'm going to bed/work why would I plant anything?
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                Or maybe they don't plant anything cause they know they will be going offline. If I'm going to bed/work why would I plant anything?
                It takes hours to mature. When you wake up, you'll get at least 70% crop. 70% immediately or 100% waiting 1-3 hrs. You really prefer the latter?
                More crop harvest turnover = more resource.

Comment

I don't plant the 4 hr crops and no I think that % is less than that now. I could be wrong though. I just see no purpose in planting anything while I'm offline.
                  Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                  BR: 67K
                  Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Well I see a lot of reasons to keep my farm full at all times.

Having a farm = things to do = XP for friends doing them = friends' farms grow = more and better crops = I can harvest better stuff.
                    I like investing in my friends so we all grow together faster.

Plus having crops growing while I'm sleeping means my farm isn't idle even when I'm offline. I wish Enlightenment worked like that too...

Comment

Working...
                    X