Debating returning to EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating returning to EWD

I'm thinking of returning to EWD and I want opinions. I'm not doing too great in arena and battlegrounds and hope this could help.

My stats are -

Level 80 mage, 81.5k MATK, 50.5k PDEF, 65k MDEF, 250k HP, 16k Crit, 6.5k Block, BR 350k. My honor is a lowly Sky Dragon Knight. I run six crit gems and two block gems.

My astrals are -

Determination & Goddess 10, Illusion 9, Sniper's 7, Pisces & Gemini 8, Ruthlessness, Deflection, Mysticality & Regeneration 6. I would change Determination and Sniper's to EWD and Guardian Angel.

I am a bit concerned about losing my critical heals.

What do you think?

why do you need pisces and gemini?

the extra penetration isnt that great
    may as well just ditch gemini for GA
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Guardian Angel destroys my critical heals targetting me making it unviable in my critical setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
        Guardian Angel destroys my critical heals targetting me making it unviable in my critical setup.

oh yeah i forgot about that, downset

i watch elias videos sometimes
        ewd did good for her against other mages/archers it seems
        but her heals are ***** when up against a good knight
        since its only healing her for like 150ish k, instead of a full crit heal
        that EDD destroys her

Comment

Do you think it would improve or hinder my success in BG? ssore, most xp player US-West and around my BR uses it...

Comment

Do you think it would improve or hinder my success in BG? ssore, most xp player US-West and around my BR uses it...
            i wouldn't have a clue, bgs seem to be weird
            stronger people at different times

i always find the monsters start first 10 mins
            i do fine joining in 15mins into bg
            5-10 kills usually
            and well im weaker than you

Comment

didnt you say you gonna switch back to WD? why does crit heal matters then?
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                didnt you say you gonna switch back to WD? why does crit heal matters then?

i was suggesting removing the penetration astral for GA on his current build
                not on his EWD build

Comment

Thing is I need to be kinda sorta really sure that it is a right thing to do. The gem conversion costs 15 million gold and that's not exactly peanuts for me. Refining the gear will take months...

Comment

I myself am considering the same...going back to EWD setup with guaridan angel astral...

As you stated yourself..not smart using guardian angel combined with crit build, your heals will be lowsy. If you switch to EWD setup youll have both the astral slot for guardian angel free and will still have steady good heals. With EWD 10 instead of Determination 10 youll be at 150% base damage instead of approx 200% damage by crit. That 50% should be made up by switching gems into either block or def and gear stats from crit to other stats. Youll never have to worry about critting or not again....Only place it will suck a bit is world boss and maybe spire. Besides that, with guardian angel added, you should do better in pvp imo.

Comment

Unfortunately EWD does not affect heals unless that has changed. I am thinking of maxing my Survival talent to compensate (and I am really annoyed I even got one rank in that in the first place since critical heals make the talent obsolete and indeed hurtful.)

Side note to Hobo I managed to slot in Ode to Styx on my Cerberus and I absolutely love my dog now.
                      Last edited by Yesheron; 12-29-2014, 07:00 AM. Reason: ETA

Comment

all i can say about ewd is the massive damage output decrease in pve it has been tested and proven that crit is 50% stronger in damage, try it your self remove your determination and record your crit hits and non crit hits, youll notice a 50% increase in damage when you crit and determination adds 5% for each level giving a 100% boost
                        having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

I am aware of that, that said your figure isn't correct since you can never have a 100% crit ratio. I am willing to accept worse PvE performance in order to do better in PvP.

Comment

EWD is +50% damage. Crit is +100% damage, 60-80% of the time. (Percentage depends on how high your crit is, and if your opponent has guardian angel astral). So crit is always a better choice if you have determination 10 and 8k+ crit.

You can find more about how combat works here:
                            http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/p...une-basic.html
                            And particularly about critical:
                            http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/2...crit-rate.html
                            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                              EWD is +50% damage. Crit is +100% damage, 60-80% of the time. (Percentage depends on how high your crit is, and if your opponent has guardian angel astral). So crit is always a better choice if you have determination 10 and 8k+ crit.

You can find more about how combat works here:
                              http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/p...une-basic.html
                              And particularly about critical:
                              http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/2...crit-rate.html

yeah but you are wrong with just about everything you posted, so theres that

Comment

Working...
                              X