Debating returning to EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
    In agreement with these statements about Ruthlessness in general. For WB I felt my overall income dropped drastically when my other astrals became better quality and higher level (specifically Pristine to Holy Sniper Edge and base Determination to Pristine Determination) while using Ruthlessness. I find it is too unpredictable an astral, but EWD might reduce the negative effects enough to be worth it for non-Archers. Most of the EWD users I know have changed over to a Crit build when they were tough enough bastages to have less of a need to shore up defenses, usually as of lvl 60 and up.

ewd trumps me in wb
    i actually outdamage most people
    even the spenders (500k+ br, they are too stupid to double hit)
    i did a full balen buff and absolutely dominated the first round
    i came 3rd overall because the 2 top knights were quickspawning whereas i wasn't

hanzo (knight in my guild) has a level 10 ewd and even though his delphic hits less
    his damage is so much more constant
    one miss crit and he will beat me that round
    also i think his hero rounds are slightly more than mine and are also pretty constant 350kish
    mine ranges from 300-400k depending on crits
    we are very similar attack stat as well but if he does wb does like 1% more than me in the end or something
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Here is my mage after the transition:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MolEWD.png
Views:	1
Size:	447.4 KB
ID:	1706210

Click image for larger version

Name:	MolEWD2.png
Views:	1
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	1706211

I have better results in pvp now.

I am using two block gems only. Six HP, 8 MDEF, 8 PDEF.

Should I go higher or lower on block and/or HP? Every block gem adds roughly 2k block and every HP gem 11.3k HP.

Opinions welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]121588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121589[/ATTACH]

Should I go higher or lower on block and/or HP? Every block gem adds roughly 2k block and every HP gem 11.3k HP.

Opinions welcome.

more hp/ more block

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121589[/ATTACH]

Opinions welcome.
          Oh wow! I know you! You are in my server :O
          Lunay - Knighted knight
          23.25M BR
          Guild : SHIELD
          West coast server r2 S38

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            more hp/ more block
            Trade out MDEF, PDEF or both? What is my block target value?
            Originally posted by Doranos89 View Post
            Oh wow! I know you! You are in my server :O
            Hi Lunay

Comment

Trade out MDEF, PDEF or both? What is my block target value?

idk

so 3 mdef 1 pdef?
              or 4 mdef
              since you have tons naturally as a mage
              i would say 2 more block and 2 more hp

Comment

I tried running 10-11k block first and I hardly ever blocked a shot in pvp. I think I need more if I am to use that.

ETA: Looking through the ranking lists I can only find three EWD mages in top level mages, none in top strength. Two of these run low block (3k-4k), the third runs 17k with crappy defenses (40k MDEF.) Very few mages seem to run high block. I think I will need to push it to around that value for it to be useful. Running 8 block gems would put me at 18k+ block.
                Last edited by Yesheron; 01-05-2015, 01:12 AM. Reason: ETA

Comment

you know whats funny. a while back after people started to see how well crit works, and how nice high damage feals(before sylphs) everyone converted to crit built. but now since sylphs came, and out power increased to much making us thinking daily its that crit good, do i have enough crit, maybe i should do that , maybe i should change that, that fight i could have won if i had crited, and people starts to question how good its this crit and that if they should go back to EWD. thing is that sylphs changed everything so nothing we know for sure now. i was beaten by a guy with 40k lower br but orange sylphs. until he awaken he was almsot dead, but then his orange herc 500k delph crited me and obliterated me in 1 hit. sylphs changes everything. build, br and things like that are uselles in front of an orange maxed sylph

Comment

Originally posted by Alinshinoby View Post
                    you know whats funny. a while back after people started to see how well crit works, and how nice high damage feals(before sylphs) everyone converted to crit built. but now since sylphs came, and out power increased to much making us thinking daily its that crit good, do i have enough crit, maybe i should do that , maybe i should change that, that fight i could have won if i had crited, and people starts to question how good its this crit and that if they should go back to EWD. thing is that sylphs changed everything so nothing we know for sure now. i was beaten by a guy with 40k lower br but orange sylphs. until he awaken he was almsot dead, but then his orange herc 500k delph crited me and obliterated me in 1 hit. sylphs changes everything. build, br and things like that are uselles in front of an orange maxed sylph
                    Not really, sylphs damage is influenced by your char stats. If you have an orange sylph and way more lower stats than your opponent with a 2, 3 purple stars you actually cant win (maybe once with luck) but thats kinda it. My point is that no matter how your sylph is, if your stats are crappy you wont do much and i tested that, been running BG with a 2 star hercules (54k br) and trashed everyone, from orange hercules, to athena and aegis.
                    Player: sunshinε
                    Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
                    Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
                    Level: 80
                    Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinshinoby View Post

i've killed quite a few orange sylph users
                      cant tell if they were maxed or not, but either way orange is still way stronger than my purple
                      sylph is affected by your character, in every way except sylph arena

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                        i've killed quite a few orange sylph users
                        cant tell if they were maxed or not, but either way orange is still way stronger than my purple
                        sylph is affected by your character, in every way except sylph arena
                        Thats what i`ve been saying, sylph is affected by your char. What makes me laugh is when i see people that skip their building on char in favour of sylph, and sometimes cant survive till awakening points are ready, pretty funny to see a char with orange sylph falling from 3 hits like a dead flower.
                        Player: sunshinε
                        Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
                        Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
                        Level: 80
                        Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X