Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Block mechanics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block mechanics

been reading up here and there and few ppl say block works just like crit.. but it takes into account the attack stat of the opponent instead, havent tested it but if thats true, in pvp you just need to find 20% of the attack stat your likely to face from other players in pvp and pve i guess you just raise/lower till you block alot.. just speculation

also i will now initiate fry chicken consumption
    having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
    been reading up here and there and few ppl say block works just like crit.. but it takes into account the attack stat of the opponent instead, havent tested it but if thats true, in pvp you just need to find 20% of the attack stat your likely to face from other players in pvp and pve i guess you just raise/lower till you block alot.. just speculation

also i will now initiate fry chicken consumption

nothing to do with opponents attack stat
    i block i'd say 80% of the time
    from people of all strengths
    ofc the blocks on crit attacks do a lot more damage, but its still a block nonetheless
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

I don't really understand that.

I tested in altar versus an opponent 30k below my BR and I blocked one (ONE!) hit out of, say, 30?

That time my block was 14k.

I decided that "well, this truly does suck" and lowered to 6.5k for strictly PvE use.

Am I misguided?

Comment

Ok so I know the block stat increases block rate. Does it have any effect on how much damage is blocked, as in, more block means less damage taken?

I recently started gemming for block, I'm at about 14k using 6x Lvl10 Block gems. Having some trouble judging whether I'm actually taking less damage when I dodge than my group-mates, but I do feel like I survive longer most of the time.

But if block stat only effects the rate, then I'm not so sure I need so much. Anyone have any thoughts?
        Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
          Ok so I know the block stat increases block rate. Does it have any effect on how much damage is blocked, as in, more block means less damage taken?

I recently started gemming for block, I'm at about 14k using 6x Lvl10 Block gems. Having some trouble judging whether I'm actually taking less damage when I dodge than my group-mates, but I do feel like I survive longer most of the time.

But if block stat only effects the rate, then I'm not so sure I need so much. Anyone have any thoughts?

from what i can tell block reduces damage by 25-50%
          and its just a random value in between that
          IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
          Class: Archer
          Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
          Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            from what i can tell block reduces damage by 25-50%
            and its just a random value in between that
            Seeing about the same amount of damage reduction, but have yet to notice any difference from the Penetration stat itself beyond a nicer looking BR.
            IGN: TreeTopper
            Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
            Guild: ESKReborn
            Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
            Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Working...
            X