No announcement yet.

Dimensions guide, help, tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the best method for the large map,it is 1 row out to do the normal method!

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
      it should matter if its a rectangle or square because its shape will affect how long a column is or its rows which will affect how many lines or the length of the lines i should say, you can make and the fact that you said you can cover a level with 2 steps less than if you go horizontal it shows there is a difference so it does matter as long as its not a square it is a fact that vertical or horizontal approach will yield different results
      Yeah but if you read what I wrote I said it's better if you go horizontally. What is the opposite of what you were stating all along. ^^

But what I'm saying is: basic and intermediate dimensions are 9 lines 14 colums and in this case going horizontally is less steps to finish, however if it was 9 lines and 15 colums horizontally and vertically covering it would be exactly the same number of steps. So it highly depends on the number of columns and the number of lines, but no matter if it's a rectangle or a square.

edit: except that if it's a square with the wrong number of columns/lines (since in this case they are equal) then you won't be able to run the optimal path with either of them. Because the problem lies in there whether you do the last turn either on the edge, or you have only 1 line/column dark between that and the previous one. Sorry hard for me to explain, but if you draw it or just check it in an excel/word table you'll see what I'm trying to explain here.

>> conclusion: at a rectangle to go on the optimal way it depends on the number of columns and lines. And there can be 4 cases: 1)lines are an optimal number but columns are not (horizontally walking more benefits us) 2)lines are not optimal but columns are (vertically you'll cover it faster) 3) they are both optimal (you'll need the same number of steps) 4) if neither of them are optimal (optimal+1 is worse than optimal+2 lines/rows so there is a difference too)

After all just check the number of columns and rows and draw but if someone could tell an advanced dimension's lines and rows numbers I would tell if it's better vertically or horisontally. But we are talking about 2-3 steps difference, so it's not such a big deal.
      Last edited by SusanDelamar; 01-05-2015, 03:39 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
        think this is a bit debatable. somehow i find it suspicious wartune allows us to receive that many bb (remember introduction of bb and few days after?). so might be save to to grab some loot before it gets worse:P
        R2`s evil plan was sort of "give them bound balens from hero campaign and dimension war but remove the drop of crypt keys from blitzing campaigns" and most people spend bb on crypt keys and maps so unfortunately they did it well on this (not many times you see someone saying about R2 doing something well)
        Player: sunshinε
        Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
        Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
        Level: 80
        Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by R210239287 View Post
          So what is the best method for the large map,it is 1 row out to do the normal method!
          have you tried to a liitle bit improvising?

example: if its 12x18 grid
          for vertical:.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	12x18h.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1706212.
          for horizontal:

Name:	12x18v.JPG
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1706213.
          now if its become 12x19:
          for vertical:

Name:	12x19h.JPG
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1706214.
          for horozontal:

Name:	12x19v.JPG
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1706215.
          now if it's 13x18
          for vertical:

Name:	13x18h.JPG
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1706216.
          for horizontal:

Name:	13x18v.JPG
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1706217.
          and if its 13x19
          for vertical:

Name:	13x19h.JPG
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1706218.
          for horizontal:

Name:	13x19v.JPG
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1706219.

the poin is, just add 1 step in the right place.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121618[/ATTACH].
            for horizontal:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121619[/ATTACH].
            now if its become 12x19:
            for vertical:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121620[/ATTACH].
            for horozontal:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121621[/ATTACH].
            now if it's 13x18
            for vertical:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121622[/ATTACH].
            for horizontal:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121623[/ATTACH].
            and if its 13x19
            for vertical:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121624[/ATTACH].
            for horizontal:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121625[/ATTACH].

the prongs at the end is a good idea, but if you do it right
            (on advanced map anyway)
            you will be running right along the edge anyway
            so you would need to go in 2, instead of 1which i dont think its saving much space, maybe 4-5 step

and i know the whole "every step counts" thing
            but if you cant get the map quite done in time, say 1 or 2 floors left
            you can log in just before reset and finish the map and relog after its completed to get max rewards
            wont make much of a difference in the long run anyway

and its going to be very rare on a 10 floor map you will use every spot like that
            maybe expert map it might be useful, you could get an extra floor or 2 out of it

but there is a difference between vertical/horizontal

vertical slightly better, if i mathed right
            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
            Class: Archer
            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

whoever played the snake game as a kid masters this with ease
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

The only problem is that you will more likely don't start in a corner like for the 1 floor...sometime it's right in the center of the top part, sometime it's a little bit at the left-bottom part, sometime it's right in the middle... You do have to improvise most of the time...
                Lunay - Knighted knight
                23.25M BR
                Guild : SHIELD
                West coast server r2 S38

Comment

Originally posted by SusanDelamar View Post
                  Yeah but if you read what I wrote I said it's better if you go horizontally. What is the opposite of what you were stating all along. ^^

But what I'm saying is: basic and intermediate dimensions are 9 lines 14 colums and in this case going horizontally is less steps to finish, however if it was 9 lines and 15 colums horizontally and vertically covering it would be exactly the same number of steps. So it highly depends on the number of columns and the number of lines, but no matter if it's a rectangle or a square.

edit: except that if it's a square with the wrong number of columns/lines (since in this case they are equal) then you won't be able to run the optimal path with either of them. Because the problem lies in there whether you do the last turn either on the edge, or you have only 1 line/column dark between that and the previous one. Sorry hard for me to explain, but if you draw it or just check it in an excel/word table you'll see what I'm trying to explain here.

>> conclusion: at a rectangle to go on the optimal way it depends on the number of columns and lines. And there can be 4 cases: 1)lines are an optimal number but columns are not (horizontally walking more benefits us) 2)lines are not optimal but columns are (vertically you'll cover it faster) 3) they are both optimal (you'll need the same number of steps) 4) if neither of them are optimal (optimal+1 is worse than optimal+2 lines/rows so there is a difference too)

After all just check the number of columns and rows and draw but if someone could tell an advanced dimension's lines and rows numbers I would tell if it's better vertically or horisontally. But we are talking about 2-3 steps difference, so it's not such a big deal.
                  yes my point on the horizontal is wrong i get what your saying
                  having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121618[/ATTACH].
                    for horizontal:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121619[/ATTACH].
                    now if its become 12x19:
                    for vertical:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121620[/ATTACH].
                    for horozontal:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121621[/ATTACH].
                    now if it's 13x18
                    for vertical:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121622[/ATTACH].
                    for horizontal:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121623[/ATTACH].
                    and if its 13x19
                    for vertical:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121624[/ATTACH].
                    for horizontal:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121625[/ATTACH].

thanks very much for this
                    having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted but the way I go about clearing the dimensions is that I do not engage any monsters at all nor do I pick up any rewards at all until I have cleared the entire dimension. After this I go back to it and pick out the rewards with the minimum number of steps since they cost less after completion. The reason I do not pick the rewards before doing so is that they serve as a marker for what you have cleared and what you have not.

Comment

Working...
                      X