Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair BG and Arena

Hi R2,

besides the level you should also put BR into the calculation. That way Arena matches and BG's would be much more fun for everybody.

Regards,

Xean

Not a bad idea, but they should also replace some of the developers with ones who have some common sense, foresight and gaming experience

Now lev 60+ are thrown up against lev 80's in BG and Arena

They say its because to many of the weak lev 80s were complaining.

No big surprise fast levelers are getting flattened, or that R2 tries shoving exp down everybody's throat so we all tap out at lev 80

But their answer is to make a bad situation worse

To be honest I'm not sure if the developers are shortsighted, lack gaming experience or just plain out to lunch

Comment

If br was taken into account, 60+ would still get thrown up against the weaker speed levelers...heck, some of those speed levelers could get taken out by a strong 40.

Arena should always have taken br into account, but there should also be a penalty or restriction for grouping with 1 or more players outside your own br. Been a lot of groups I've seen where these weak 80's group up with one or more super strong casher 80's and just get dragged to victory after victory with no effort on their own part....they're reaping the benefits of the stronger players efforts without contributing at all. A single casher with an orange Athena can easily wipe out entire teams single handedly unless they're up against players equally strong.

So, not only should BR be taken into account when matching players, it needs to be taken into account for receiving victory rewards. People need to be forming arena teams with others near their own br, not leaching off others.
      BR matching should also be based off the strongest player on the team, not the team as a whole, so that in the situation I mentioned above, that really strong 80 who is grouped with 2 or 3 weak nothings would likely end up finding themselves facing 4v1 against a team as strong as they are.
      Last edited by dterror; 01-03-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

they throw exp at players to get them to level quickly in the hopes that they will spend more to try and compensate for the power difference that they got suckered into.
        I had it happen to me at level 66. I leveled too fast and was a punching bag. So I worked for over 9 months building my Holy Seal levels, collecting all the goodies (gems, sc, whips, etc) and by the time wartune decided to adjust the experience levels to force players up(due to creation of advanced training at level 80) I was in a much better position when I hit Level 67. Tripled my BR rating and everything. And during that time, I avoided BG like it had Ebola. I think I participated a half-dozen times.
        Now, with the addition of the Stone Temple Pilots BG, I find that I have to start avoiding it again. It was fine for the first 2 weeks, but then all the low honor cashers hit the scene. I worked hard for all my stuff, not gonna lose honor to someone with an expense account.

and in response to above, arena is a difficult subject. Best results usually occur when all 4 players are within 2-3 levels of each other. Yes, sometimes you can bring in a higher level ringer to clean house(I know a player exactly like you describe). But some servers may have difficulty getting 4 players of similar BR together at the same time. I had a team that was all level 74, and we had a BR spread of about 100k. We used to have a very large player base, but game changes over the past few months have chased many of the experienced players away. and with the trickery WT is doing with facebook, a large number of newbies are entering the server daily. It's actually become both annoying and disturbing. Very Few promotions and Hot Events are geared towards them, so it is almost impossible for them to gain any real strength. Usually when they ask for advice, we tell them to find the newest server and try there.
        If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

this would require work and we all know r2 is way too lazy for this
          "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Would be nice if R2 made a comment on this...

Comment

not good, , i dnt agree, better its only base on level, not BR,

Comment

i hardly ever see lower br players in arena, we always up against aegis and athena's, which my team does not have. So yeah let them make at least a little efford on br matching

Comment

There does need to be some thing done with both arena and bg. Once a player reaches lvl70 and has to go to Sacred Fire Temple they face others with 150K to 400K brs. If by some chance a player is under that 100K br rating they don't stand a chance at all. Was a good idea to remove the higher lvl br from bg, but it really didn't as you still have lower lvl's with high br's in regular bg too. Arena is totally out of control. Never know what lvl you will be fighting there. Even if you are lvl60 you may fight lvl80. That's how the matching works according to the system. You may be lvl40 and meet lvl60 with sylphs or ones with refined sylphs. Fair? Not at all. The whole system for both events needs to be redone. That's my take on the whole mess.

Comment

I was just going to start a thread suggesting something very similar. If they would split arena / BG into 2 lvl 80 groups instead of 1 it might be a little more playable and sure as hell make it more fun. Personally I am getting tired of getting stomped by groups that have twice the BR of our strongest player. I would suggest a lvl80 under 300K BR arena / BG and a lvl 80 over 300K BR arena / BG.

I have already quit running BG because it just isn't fun anymore. (and the fact that lvl 9 VIP can now lose honor when the whole selling point of building up to lvl 9 was no honor loss in BG) I am almost to the point of not running arena anymore also.

This is a good game and could be a real money maker to the owners and a lot of fun for the players , why they choose to run it the way they are and lose players AND money is beyond me .

Comment

thinking about this further, the game mechanics for both Arena and BG are not compatible with the players current load-out.

when these events were made, at the most we only had clothing and wings. Level 1 clothing and wings. If you saw someone with wings, you knew they were monster players. There were only a few mounts, and everyone was working hard to build small increases in their character.

Now, with sylph, sykph equipment, sylph equipment gems, refinements, enchantments, level infinity wings and clothing, yada yada yada, the format that they want to fit us into no long applies. There is such a wide diversity of players, that it is impossible to try and fit us into a simple format for bg/arena.

what they should do is remove both features, and create a new event that could include the prizes of both. Maybe even pull tanks as well.
                      Make the new event prize structure similar to what Arena has now. We have soo many things to occupy our time, that actually removing a few old, outdated ones for something new might do more to improve the game than they might think.
                      If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

a L80 will always win over a lower lvl because og holy seal and all the other stuff+ when u want it to be with br ppl in bg can just strip before joining and then put all on after............. u guys need to get something this is a P2W game + u need to know when to join some of the things if u want to have it easyer.

Comment

Originally posted by R225424182 View Post
                          thinking about this further, the game mechanics for both Arena and BG are not compatible with the players current load-out.

when these events were made, at the most we only had clothing and wings. Level 1 clothing and wings. If you saw someone with wings, you knew they were monster players. There were only a few mounts, and everyone was working hard to build small increases in their character.

Now, with sylph, sykph equipment, sylph equipment gems, refinements, enchantments, level infinity wings and clothing, yada yada yada, the format that they want to fit us into no long applies. There is such a wide diversity of players, that it is impossible to try and fit us into a simple format for bg/arena.

what they should do is remove both features, and create a new event that could include the prizes of both. Maybe even pull tanks as well.
                          Make the new event prize structure similar to what Arena has now. We have soo many things to occupy our time, that actually removing a few old, outdated ones for something new might do more to improve the game than they might think.
                          agree with this guy...
                          the arena and BG system is f***** up...
                          they should make a new one
                          or maybe a dividing system for players like
                          when they enter bg
                          they are divided from br to br and lvl to lvl for example
                          only
                          lvl 60-69 with the br of 100k-150k will not be mixed with
                          lvl 60-69 with the br of 50k-100k
                          and in bg teams
                          if you are a lvl 60 player with 90k br and you go to the lvl 60-69 50k-100k room
                          and 1 of the 2 team already have a player with 90k+br
                          the system should place you against the team of the 90k+br player
                          my idea isn't flawless yet...
                          and knowing r2... they won't do ***** since most of the guys who get owned are free players

Comment

Originally posted by TjiTzUr View Post
                            a L80 will always win over a lower lvl because og holy seal and all the other stuff+ when u want it to be with br ppl in bg can just strip before joining and then put all on after............. u guys need to get something this is a P2W game + u need to know when to join some of the things if u want to have it easyer.
                            They would simply have to lock any manipulation of a player inventory out when joining a bg, just like it's locked out once you hit the ready button for arena, mpd, spire, etc and so on. Just like changing sylphs, doing solo arena, sylph arena, etc are locked out when blitzing a solo dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by dterror View Post
                              They would simply have to lock any manipulation of a player inventory out when joining a bg, just like it's locked out once you hit the ready button for arena, mpd, spire, etc and so on. Just like changing sylphs, doing solo arena, sylph arena, etc are locked out when blitzing a solo dungeon.
                              letting u know that r2 are not clever enof to do any of this so much better to go to a china server/forum to ask for they get 99% of the stuff from them. and why would they make things fair when there are so many things that best for old player and some for kinda new player in the events

Comment

Working...
                              X