Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incredible mage inballance

Hello,

I have noticed a significant and very discouraging imbalance in the characters in the game, there has always been variations but this one is huge. I have gathered the stats of multiple mages that are 60% of my BR (and less than 50% of my stats) but they kill me with ease. I have also noticed in World Boss that is now very important to a player as gold is a very important resource that mages of my strength can receive double the rewards offering them significant growth from that to the other characters. This is also causing an unfair disadvantage to other disciplines.

As part of the unfairness they have a stronger shield than knights that a knight cannot dispell but the knights shields can be dispelled by the mage as often as the mage wants with no limitation.

The only real suggestion I have is their shields should be dispellable and that tests should be done on identically configured characters of all disciplines and that each character should be able to hold their own to almost a stalemate. Their attack skills should not be double or tipple that of the other disciplines. If a fight lasted an hour, the mage can dispell the knights shield as often as the knight puts it up (or close to it with skill cd) so a knight should be able to do the reverse.

Maybe as a possibility the knights heal rune could be made stronger and or be trigger-able more often, this would likely be true of an archer as well. As runes go Mages and Archers extra rune to a Knight is stronger than any Knight ability while the Knight extra rune is not of much use since purge or puri is of no use against the gardian rune. I think where I am going with that is for every defense of a Knight a mage has a tool to use but the reverse is not true. This leaves the only strategy that a knight can use is maximum damage and that's not possible due to their shield and ability to heal fast.

The other possibility is to remove the usage limitation on runes for higher levels or something this creating a balance for a few skills to the other characters unlimited use skills.

I would think that the bottom line for fairness is that each character type of identical stats should be able to do similar damage and defense against the other character types and bosses.

Thanks

im... im... not even sure whats this about:P

if a mage has 50% of your stats and kill you easily... maybe you're doing sth wrong? BR doesnt mean everything, strong resis crystals and % astrals can be a lot more useful at lower levels. maybe dryads?:P if i fought against any class, without dryads, with half of my stats and i would lose. i would feel ashamed of myself. If you have 200k br and you lose from a mage with 120k br. then you're doing sth terribly wrong. maybe... you dont invest in mdef?:P it would be reasonable if youre low level perhaps, but not at higher level.
    mages arent op in wb, archers are. knights could be op as well. at some point of the game classes could survive last hit wb, knights where the first class which could survive last hit, than archers, than mages. Also the aspect of classes in wb is kinda limited. half of the rounds you would be doing sylph runs anyway, and that isnt class related. seeing you making this statement i doubt you aremt high level. DI is way more valuable when it comes to gold reservers than wb.
    then the shield thing... what? you mean guardian rune or you mean the shield of adv class. then 1st one has many topics already so join that one and besides archers can use that as well. the 2nd part of shield is so useless. it reduces dmg for max 16% for 2 turns only. while knights also have a passive which reduces dmg by 10% so you got that going. and what are you talking about dispeling shields? mages cant do that, archers can. mages can use purge rune for dispelling shields, but imo any mage taking purge is mentally challenged. i think you kinda missplaced classes here.
    im not sure about the knights heal rune, but knights have increased heal, doesnt that stack with the passive? im not sure about that since i never was a punchingbag but in mp it seems like its increased by the passive.
    in your oppinion for every def a knight has, a mage has a debuff. every heard of passives? mages cant reverse that.
    mages are best for short pvp battles, knights for long term quite simple. we cant heal if you 1 hit ko us

i end my commend with:
    for every mage who is trying to create strategy, a knight is complaining at the forum:P

Comment

There's one strategy that I have tested as a mage and is really worth looking into.
      It has something to do with changing the usual hero and troop formation to outlast an eve delphic thunder.
      No rune trick, but only holy light skill to heal all (if you chaos this, then it might fail)
      Let's see if you know what I mean...
      "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
      Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
      Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

What mage has a shield ?
        Unless you mean a rune shield ?
        Also knight has rage cut, shield, group shield and can recover hp without using rage.

Comment

Hi,

Hooa, thats a lot to respond to, lol

I think my stats are fairly good I am second in cross server ranking for east coast. Your wrong in your assumption of my level.

The only stat difference is my MDEF is of course not as high as my PDEF, that is a tough one to get up there! I have heard this from many knights. Of course on the PDEF side I have no real problems. I do invest and focus on keeping it up but it does have its levels of difficulties.

The last mage had a MATK of 98k, my MDEF is 80k. Following the attack formula the basic portion of the attack the difference / 2 = 9k dmg then add in crit, block, battle protection, skill etc to that. So with a knight or archer of that level they can barely scratch me or my regeneration astral regenerates me faster than they do dmg.

My HP is 640k.

This particular mage their PDEF is 60k, my PATK is 130k as well as their HP was 350k. I have no problem putting a serious dent in their HP but they heal so fast they fully recover. If that was an archer or knight it would have expired in 1 or 2 rounds.

My resistance is fairly strong, of course could use work. This mage used a refined hades that I have no problems protecting against on a knight or archer, most times I do not even need to awaken my sylph as they do little damage but for some reason a mage can.

That covering the stats, it was not drads either.

In wb, I can with max insperation get 20M gold/daru. A mage can exceed that with lower stats on both WB (one magical, one physical). Toe to toe I can hold par with mages against wb that are about 30% lower stats for their attack, crit and astrals. One of my teammates is the strongest archer on our server and he can't hold up against weaker mages either in wb. Your incorrect about DI, my team does well in DI and I can get more gold from WB. DI of course is free where in WB insperation and quick restarts are needed to maximize the gold.

From people on the server I am on, I was the first that I know of to survive the wb hit, mages were second then archers, thats not scientific as they may have not figured it out. What I do know was I could survive about an entire bar (I died 3 times over the wb event) where a mage could last the entire boss. I would die because my heal rune was expired after 3 uses.

Your very wrong in your guardian rune stats, my teammates both have one and they are block 60% dmg and can't be dispelled with a 45 sec cooldown and 3 uses. A knights Apollo shiled is 30% for 3 turns with a 60 second cooldown and if the mage has a purge rune (or archer scatter) the apollo or Agoran shield can be removed. The Agoran is 30% of HP absorbsion with also a 60 second CD. The other part of the guardian rune is that it is a fast acting skill, when the opponent spots my delpic skill selected they instantly use their guardian rune. That part is not a big deal, its easy to trick them into using it and then kill them when it expires.

The knight passive skill is 7% damage reduction by the way.

The passive heal I'm not sure of, I couldn't tell you if it stacks with the heal rune, I don't actually believe it does since the heal rune is a fixed percentage. I think it stacks with mage party members healing but in a party at a higher level teammates with an iris (or titan) or mages can't usually fully heal me as they are maxed also to a max HP received so as your HP level goes up your ability to fully heal goes down. I would have to see 2 heal runes on 2 different characters to know that one for sure. The passive is labeled as "received healing increase of 20%", the way things are worded in the game you guess is as good as mine as to what that means. A mage that can get the rage can use blessed light every 37 seconds, mixed with restoration and suntoria that is a significant healing. That's typically what I see in battleground, the mages basically spam healing and the easiest way to kill even weaker ones is to go into defensive mode and wait for the 50-100% buffs from time and whack them once with a delphic.

On the complaint part, if all things were fairly equal I have no problem but a 30-40% variation is a bit much. They will never get all 3 perfect and there will always be slight advantages here and there. This to me is not slight.

Comment

Working...
          X