Sylph Arena - Please Explain This...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph Arena - Please Explain This...

A player in my group, who shall not be named, had 6888 Points when Sylph Arena attempts reset at 00:30 last night. Today, at 16:43 the same person is in Gold still (as we all are) with 9083 Points. That's a gain of +2195 Pts in a day. Seems reasonable given the max Pts in Gold Group are +235 per match. But here's the thing...

The 2nd place Sylph Squad is only at 8238 as of this posting. Even if this person managed +235 in their fights it would have gone like this:

Fight 1: +235, 7123 Total
    Fight 2: +235, 7358 Total
    Fight 3: +235, 7593 Total
    Fight 4: +235, 7828 Total
    Fight 5: +235, 8063 Total
    Fight 6: +235, 8298 Total - This would currently be 1st place.

Now they've got 4 Fights left, but being in 1st should only be able to yield +135 Pts per fight, leaving this:

Fight 7: +135, 8433 Total
    Fight 8: +135, 8568 Total
    Fight 9: +135, 8703 Total
    Fight 10: +135, 8838 Total

So how on earth is this person at 9083 pts?!

This isn't the first time I've seen this happen from a select few people. Obviously some of the players in the sylph arena either have extra attempts stored up (somehow) or have found a way to exploit the system.

I heard that guy got a name.

Comment

Voldemort?
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Personally, I use all my attempt till I can't get the maximum amount of point per fight. Then, I wait till near the end of the Sylph arena (like an hour before it's get lock up) and I use my attempt left.
        Also, refresh...lot and lot of refresh...
        Lunay - Knighted knight
        23.25M BR
        Guild : SHIELD
        West coast server r2 S38

Comment

Originally posted by Doranos89 View Post
          Personally, I use all my attempt till I can't get the maximum amount of point per fight. Then, I wait till near the end of the Sylph arena (like an hour before it's get lock up) and I use my attempt left.
          Also, refresh...lot and lot of refresh...
          that doesn't help answer the question of the funny math.

Comment

i cant give you any correct answer to this. difference between daily gain and your calculation is aroun 250. so not very big difference.
            are you sure nr 1 gets only 135 points of the score? maybe nr 1 doesnt get 135 from wining fights.

another possible solution is that the player didnt receive 235 at one of your matches, but lower. and because of that it could result into getting nr 1 ranked later. this means that fight 7 or even fight 8 he could have achieved higher than 135, since he wasnt nr 1 yet. the difference between nr 1 and nr 2 at your calculation is 60 points after fight 6. if that person got 60 less points in fight 1-6 he wouldnt be nr 1 yet and therefore get higher points than 135.

as far as i can tell, that seems the most logical way to explain this.

Comment

Rank doesn't reset at 00.30 but at 00.15/00.45, you probably saw the 00.15 and he did 1 attempt after that reset and before new attempt get added at 00.22.

Comment

Hello there, oldies. I see Eskendal and Zorich are still around.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                X