Camping and campers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thought is now for campers either:
    A) You're going to camp somewhere between level 50 and 65 and are willing to pay in to reset your talents as needed to avoid going further

or

B) You need to slow down because somewhere along the way you neglected something major ( Holy Seal for those above level 70 for example).

"Catching up" is impossible without spending the gross domestic product of a country like say Panama every month. Fixing some forgotten priorities is more feasible. Slower level gain with other players is an idea for those spending little to nothing on the game ( VIP monthly or less), otherwise go at your pace. There's too many big guns to even hope for number one unless you are in a brand new server and as mentioned, are willing to pay more money than most would consider.
    IGN: TreeTopper
    Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
    Guild: ESKReborn
    Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
    Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by Jainash_Archer View Post
      The reason i camp is that i can beat people my level (most of them atleast). At level 80 most
      of them already have surpassed 500k br. How do you suggest i beat them? and if it takes time
      then why not really enjoy each level fully?
      Camping is odd. I derive enjoyment from hitting pve milestones before (most) people, which means overall strength matters more than strength per lvl especially when camping slows down lvl and BR gain by a lot. I like pvp, too, but sub80 feels like the kiddie leagues. Placing well in CW is another of my goals, even if the rewards are meh.

And 500k+ BR is not the norm for lvl 80s. 500k+ is where your heavier cash and/or very old players sit. I'd say 300-400 is more your average established lvl 80 player, with or without money spent. There are a few noncashers on server around 350, few light cash are around 380-400. Then your cashers cover 400+ pretty much.

Comment

I too am aware that JoeBallbags isnt wrong. But i have found friends who are also camping and by
        camping i realized a few things:

- i can have friends to reguraly do arena, wilds ands other group activities...even if it is just
        talking about common foes and friends
        - Being strong for certain level makes people ask you for help which most of time eases your work
        for example in wilds i not always have to find the level 30 boss. Sometimes others find and they invite
        me even though i didnt even help during the search
        - And it gives time to focus on certain things like guild skills and astrals which take a lot of gold and time
        to level up. If i were to level up rapidly i wont have enough gold or time to upgrade sets, gems, astrals

And ofcourse i know people who spend will always be stronger and there is nothing wrong with that. If i could
        spend i would have too. But i just wanne enjoy arena, batleground and other stuff.

Apocalypse i dont think is entirley of topic if you talking related to wartune :P

Having good and fun guildies is what makes it fun to play.

AND again i started this thread to meet fellow campers and their ideas. But i appreciate
        the tips from others too. JoeBallbags i think i would go to 80 if my server didnt have so much
        spenders who are already rushing to the top and spending thousands and ten thousands balens.
        The fun thing about it is most cashers go to high level (even 80) to camp so at my level its more
        about strategy and less about cash.
        if u like to be a winner in these unreal life, u can cash the money...but if u dont be bothered for being loose , just enjoy the game, stay at ur level and keep playing with ur friends..stick together with them and level up with them.

Comment

IMO, the best level to camp is between 50-59.
          Why not below? Because your missing out on sylphs. Sylphs are very strong and, most cases, determine the outcome of your battle.
          Why not above? Since you said you like PvP, then I wouldn't advise you to stay in 60+. You'd meet level 70-80 people who aren't doing SFT. (Yep, the bg is bugged. I'm one of those level 80s who stay in normal bg.) Plus 50 legendary set is rather cheap and very easy to refine.
          Then I suggest stop camping after you get Lord Divine. IMO, that's the most cost-efficient medal.
          S292 Archer level 46
          35k BR (with blessing wheel)
          August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
          283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
          May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

ithink lv 59 is best place to camp, some heavy campers there but also enough fresh meat.

the reason you want to camp there is because you can have sylph and do dimensional maps (i think). dimensional maps give such great rewards and allows you to create a strong sylph, which is mostly needed and most beneficial. you can camp before that lv, but the benefits will quickly fade when introduced to dimensional maps and sylphs. you have a strong char, but its meaning less when you have a strong sylph.

Comment

you should ask a question for yourself before camping, will you go to lv 80?
              if the answer is yes, then lv 80 is the best place to camp.
              if you're not planning to go to lv 80, stay wherever you enjoy most
              IGN: Kill Me
              S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

Hello evryone andthank you for being generous with your comments.

I will try to reply on all of them with this post.

I camp at level30-39 cause of i am aware that catching up or even rival heavy cashers and old players
                is nearly impossible (unless R2 performs a miracle...and that too only in such way that it only benefits me :P).

At these levels i find that beating people in pvp action is easier cause most people are running towards sylphs and
                because of that most of them neglect their BR. I even have some (in my opinion) shameless (or baby noob) players
                that are level 45 and have BR of 13-16k (with blessing). I want to take this level to accomplish as much as possible,
                my group is fun and i have experienced something rather disturbing element of high level players on my server.

S560 is about 2 months old and highest level is 62 with 120K BR. Most of them are between level55 and level 60
                with 70-90 K br. I often hear how poor they perform in BG, Arena and in wilds. So i dont see the point in rushing
                to a certain level and not be able to do much. I rather sit at these levels and upgrade my toon cause everyone
                accepts "weakness" in these levels...I mean be honest...if a toon with sylph cant beat a level 50 boss...what the point
                of being level 60+.

These ofcourse are my opinions and yess i love to camp and it doesnt seem like work cause now i have less to do
                and the fun things only...i hate mpd, solo arena and bounty quests. Even forgotten cata is only fun when you face
                a new level boss or else is just dull.

I love BG, MP Arena, CQ and GB.
                Name : Jainash
                Server: Goramire S560
                Guild : Spartacus
                Class : Archer
                Level : 37
                BR : 26K

*** If you can't cash you better camp! ***

Comment

Hello evryone andthank you for being generous with your comments.

I will try to reply on all of them with this post.

I camp at level30-39 cause of i am aware that catching up or even rival heavy cashers and old players
                  is nearly impossible (unless R2 performs a miracle...and that too only in such way that it only benefits me :P).

At these levels i find that beating people in pvp action is easier cause most people are running towards sylphs and
                  because of that most of them neglect their BR. I even have some (in my opinion) shameless (or baby noob) players
                  that are level 45 and have BR of 13-16k (with blessing). I want to take this level to accomplish as much as possible,
                  my group is fun and i have experienced something rather disturbing element of high level players on my server.

S560 is about 2 months old and highest level is 62 with 120K BR. Most of them are between level55 and level 60
                  with 70-90 K br. I often hear how poor they perform in BG, Arena and in wilds. So i dont see the point in rushing
                  to a certain level and not be able to do much. I rather sit at these levels and upgrade my toon cause everyone
                  accepts "weakness" in these levels...I mean be honest...if a toon with sylph cant beat a level 50 boss...what the point
                  of being level 60+.

These ofcourse are my opinions and yess i love to camp and it doesnt seem like work cause now i have less to do
                  and the fun things only...i hate mpd, solo arena and bounty quests. Even forgotten cata is only fun when you face
                  a new level boss or else is just dull.

I love BG, MP Arena, CQ and GB.
                  i think catching up in the long run might not be that hard. rewards are getting better and better and easier to get stuff, new content will also be more useful so i think you could compensate that. for example team arena has better rewards than before, you can get great rewards from it now.
                  and just so you know, i was 29k br at lv 59 and that was high (especially non casher)

arena, bg and othter pvp is probably a disaster for most part of the players, but it also give the least useful stuff. seeing your level and server i dont think camping now will hurt you on this server. fresh players so plenty of ppl to do stuff with.

Comment

Check out this group of Wartune Campers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/wartunecampers/

Comment

The reason i camp is that i can beat people my level (most of them atleast). At level 80 most
                      of them already have surpassed 500k br. How do you suggest i beat them? and if it takes time
                      then why not really enjoy each level fully?
                      And you never will beat them.
                      If you're a non-casher you will never ever be able to compete in PvP with cashers.
                      When you're camping, you only slow down your progress and postpone the inevitable.

Comment

of being level 60+.
                        That's a point I think a lot of people forget when they advise rushing for lvl80; that's fine if you plan on just cashing your way to a decent br (or if you've already camped for a while and have a semi decent BR now), but for most, unless you have a ton of friends/guildmates willing to carry you on a daily basis, there's no point being lvl 70+ with sub-120k BR like I see a lot of folks on my server doing. And then they get frustrated when they have to beg to be carried through virtually everything (arena, mpd, DI/BI, TOK, Spire etc), gee I wonder why?
                        Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

I type this in jest, but I think bg should have an electric fence to keep players from camping. Or some kind of constant motion rule where you can't camp on the opposing side for more than 5 seconds at a time.
                          Why can't the cashers and non-cashers compete in their own universes?

Comment

maybe revamp BG so it more closely resembles the current Amethyst Mines. 2 separate levels.
                            when you join, you have a choice of entering the low-risk BG, where everyone is your Honor level. low Honor rewards, low Honor losses. Maybe 50/10 per win/loss.

or enter the Advanced BG, where the risk/reward is greater. can involve any Honor levels. can use current win/loss rewards, or bump it up more.

I think this would help alleviate the situation where there are High BR/Low Honor players making things difficult for others. as it stands now, 1 fight can lose me 400 honor, and it'll take me at least 4 wins to recover that.
                            If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

With the Exp Cap Nerf of 2014, slow leveling between levels 50-70 is a very hard proposition being enable to dump exp more than once per level if at all. Not impossible, just very difficult to "camp" and build BR.

Comment

Ive been playing on my new server for about 7-8 months now and from it id suggest that you get to 50, get your sylph/templars and get to 60. For me that was the best place i could camp since i could get my 60 set ready and legendary by lvl64. In early lvl60s i suggest you work on your HS and get to around a comfortable 120k BR without sylph. About 60 months ago i was lvl47 with 40k BR, now im lvl70 and 196k BR with sylph so...goodluck and do what suits you best i guess. Camping at 60s helped, couldve stayed there another 6-7 months but meh i found a good arena team and moved on.
                                Wartune can't hear your SCREAMS...they just look at the cross server rankings and laugh"look at all the money we earnt”
                                ~
                                Server: s481
                                IGN:❣·Prστεςτσr ~ Legendary Archer
                                Lvl80: Class Adv
                                BR: 691k w/Eudaemon
                                Guild:Heroes
                                Eudaemon: trashy 301k BR archer (i got by accident :()
                                Sylph: 65.5k BR Herc - R34P3R***
                                58k BR Aegis (yes i call it aegis :p) - xxAURORAxx***

Previously Played server; s55 Tortmain Abbey as xW4RR10Rx (beast knight)…possibly guildless now

Comment

Working...
                                X