Camping and campers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
    Camping is kinda meh now. It used to be fun when I started playing but now I only see it has getting your gear for the level you are and once thats done you move on. Btw I would advice camping 56-74 where the br gain is higher than staying a lowly 30 or 40
    i want to stay at lvl 39 until i reach my soul engraving minimum lvl 50
    "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions"
    Name: Sorcerer
    guild :ARROGANCE
    Hometown: Pakistan
    normal people scare me

Comment

Camping only slows your ego for a matter of time. When you will hit 65+ or 70+ you`ll be smashed by all kind of players who spent few bucks, with all of your camping. I dont say not to camp, but have a limit on this.. wartune is not about camping at low level anymore, you miss all good features.
      Player: sunshinε
      Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
      Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
      Level: 80
      Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
        Camping only slows your ego for a matter of time. When you will hit 65+ or 70+ you`ll be smashed by all kind of players who spent few bucks, with all of your camping. I dont say not to camp, but have a limit on this.. wartune is not about camping at low level anymore, you miss all good features.
        So right here. Better to come and take the beating now rather than later and learn from it.
        IGN: princestewii
        Class: Archer
        Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by khanzuhaib View Post
          we camp for respect we just want to be acknowledge
          you want respect for being brainless?

Comment

Okay people this thread is becoming a bit disrespectfull.

I guess what mine good friend (fellow "guildie") is trying to say we enjoy the thrill of camping during which we gain some
            BR, get to the top in the 30-39 group and then move up. Yess we know there will always be people to defeat us and we
            are not thinking about being unbeatable. We have just more fun this way.

We have a group of campers in our guild (some in other guilds too) which makes it a fun game in the sense that we compare
            each other stats etc. For example khanzuhaib always ask me what i gained from event chest and how many kills in bg etc.
            Also we discuss in the group which events we will participate in and which we can ignore (due too exp or meager rewards).

And after all these comments i confirmed my belief that playing is done by feeling whats most fun for you.

Its not that i dont appreciate others their opinion, but i started this thread in the hope more experienced campers
            would share their camping experience, what they most enjoyed and what they felt like doing at achieving certain
            subgoals. For example today i leveld my holy snipers edge to level 4 which gave my br a huge boost and improved
            my crit. But because i fell asleep i couldnt collect my 5 chests of the event and now it has been reset. A good experience
            though has been that from last sunday to yesterday i collected enough bg shards to make 8 BG chests and they gave plenty
            of gems and insignia. Now i have enough insignia for the arena mount and just 10 honour points shy of reclaiming my crusader
            title.
            Name : Jainash
            Server: Goramire S560
            Guild : Spartacus
            Class : Archer
            Level : 37
            BR : 26K

*** If you can't cash you better camp! ***

Comment

Originally posted by Jainash_Archer View Post
              Okay people this thread is becoming a bit disrespectfull.

I guess what mine good friend (fellow "guildie") is trying to say we enjoy the thrill of camping during which we gain some
              BR, get to the top in the 30-39 group and then move up. Yess we know there will always be people to defeat us and we
              are not thinking about being unbeatable. We have just more fun this way.

We have a group of campers in our guild (some in other guilds too) which makes it a fun game in the sense that we compare
              each other stats etc. For example khanzuhaib always ask me what i gained from event chest and how many kills in bg etc.
              Also we discuss in the group which events we will participate in and which we can ignore (due too exp or meager rewards).

And after all these comments i confirmed my belief that playing is done by feeling whats most fun for you.

Its not that i dont appreciate others their opinion, but i started this thread in the hope more experienced campers
              would share their camping experience, what they most enjoyed and what they felt like doing at achieving certain
              subgoals. For example today i leveld my holy snipers edge to level 4 which gave my br a huge boost and improved
              my crit. But because i fell asleep i couldnt collect my 5 chests of the event and now it has been reset. A good experience
              though has been that from last sunday to yesterday i collected enough bg shards to make 8 BG chests and they gave plenty
              of gems and insignia. Now i have enough insignia for the arena mount and just 10 honour points shy of reclaiming my crusader
              title.
              People are trying to make you realize that slowing down right now will hurt you in the end badly, not because you are losing hooves or dragon souls (these cap
              eventually and become useless) but because 80 opens many features and instances you cant do at lv39 for example.

Also people always camped to get to the top end BR of that bracket (say 100k at 39) and steamroll every1 in the BG, slow campers been doing this forever just
              to find themselves overwhelmed as they grow up and ding 80. I said it before and will repeat it, if you gonna stay lets say lv64 til you quit by any means keep
              it that way, enjoy the BGs and whatever you can do at that lvl but if you plan to actually play the game to the fullest, camp til you get the corresponding honor
              titles and move up.

And for the respect guy, you earn it by being nice in-game, doing good stuff and being fair, not by staying in a lower lvl bracket and killing lowbies, that will
              actually make ppl hate you lol

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                People are trying to make you realize that slowing down right now will hurt you in the end badly, not because you are losing hooves or dragon souls (these cap
                eventually and become useless) but because 80 opens many features and instances you cant do at lv39 for example.

Also people always camped to get to the top end BR of that bracket (say 100k at 39) and steamroll every1 in the BG, slow campers been doing this forever just
                to find themselves overwhelmed as they grow up and ding 80. I said it before and will repeat it, if you gonna stay lets say lv64 til you quit by any means keep
                it that way, enjoy the BGs and whatever you can do at that lvl but if you plan to actually play the game to the fullest, camp til you get the corresponding honor
                titles and move up.

And for the respect guy, you earn it by being nice in-game, doing good stuff and being fair, not by staying in a lower lvl bracket and killing lowbies, that will
                actually make ppl hate you lol
                And i aprreciate it...but the thing is i dont know if i will go to level 80 for one and second i may be quitting this game tomorrow so to speak...idk yet
                and yess i agree that the events are more doable if you are a above level 50 player. But as newbies it also takes time to learn about the game.
                Our server for example is relative new..most players are inexperienced (they dont have toons on previous servers) so i learn from them what they experience
                t those levels. Secondly i did play once before and reached level 50 rapidly but i didnt enjoy as much as i do now. Today i got my royal horse (arena shop)in 2 months
                that i have been playing. Last time i was playing at level 50 i had only come as far as warrior in title rank. And maybe we are using the word "camping" wrong.
                We are more like level creepers..taking our time to level...i for example leveld to level 30 in two weeks and it took me six weeks to reach level 37 (current level).
                i want to stay till i get the free mounts and then move up..and i think staying for 5-6 months wont harm much cause i can conclude this much from all the reactions.
                No matter what level i play till i dont cash my whole fam income in this game i wont get near the top. So i will play at the creeping crawling style.

And the respect guy (LOL) is very helpfull to all so i think he has that part covered.

Comment

The problem is not with camping, doing it at this level its wrong. Full satisfaction from camping goes from level 59 up to 74, as long as you know what you`re doing. If you camp a year between a bracket (lets say 60-64) then i dont see the point of playing this game because by the time you make up your mind to reach 80 you`re already bored of this game. I`ve camped, others have camped too, but comes a time when you`re getting bored and wanna try the new stuffs.

Comment

The problem is not with camping, doing it at this level its wrong. Full satisfaction from camping goes from level 59 up to 74, as long as you know what you`re doing. If you camp a year between a bracket (lets say 60-64) then i dont see the point of playing this game because by the time you make up your mind to reach 80 you`re already bored of this game. I`ve camped, others have camped too, but comes a time when you`re getting bored and wanna try the new stuffs.
                    Okay then how about leveling up after reaching certain subgoals:

For me like:
                    - mounts: snipe, royal horse ( i have now), mount from guild shop (l9 guild now), stingray fish, netherwing dragon, 2 mounts from warriors mark
                    - soul engraving: l25 (l16 now)
                    - astrals: l7 (l5 now)
                    - guild skills: level10 (level 9 now)
                    - fishtank: level15 (l5 now)
                    - gems: level 6 (level 4-5 now)

and yess when i will get bored i will move on...but for now these are the subgoals i want to reach beore leveling up

Comment

Okay then how about leveling up after reaching certain subgoals:

For me like:
                      - mounts: snipe, royal horse ( i have now), mount from guild shop (l9 guild now), stingray fish, netherwing dragon, 2 mounts from warriors mark
                      - soul engraving: l25 (l16 now)
                      - astrals: l7 (l5 now)
                      - guild skills: level10 (level 9 now)
                      - fishtank: level15 (l5 now)
                      - gems: level 6 (level 4-5 now)

and yess when i will get bored i will move on...but for now these are the subgoals i want to reach beore leveling up
                      Goals are nice, keeps you motivated.

Comment

Goals are nice, keeps you motivated.
                        I read you camped too (i assume before hitting 80). which levels did you camp
                        and did it make a difference for you on reaching 80?

and yess i want to achieve these goals before leveleing cause i wont slow down in 40-49..i will hit camp at 55 (dimension, BI and cloud ad.)
                        this how far i have planned till now...i dont know after that yet

Comment

Well if you keep goals into the camping levels then it gets much smoother i guess, if you have a static of ppl that are willing to stay in the lvl range too then
                          just enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                            Well if you keep goals into the camping levels then it gets much smoother i guess, if you have a static of ppl that are willing to stay in the lvl range too then
                            just enjoy it.
                            Yess there a few that are willing to stay for (maybe different) goals. My fellow guildie Khanzuhaib (also a commenter on this thread)
                            and a few others (free and light cashers). One common goal is BR of 40K+ which is doable as far as i am told by fellow campers in BG
                            (even when i am getting slaughtered i get a few tips ot of them, lol). I think the best part of a multi player game is the discussions with
                            fellow gamers with same (or comparable) strategy as yours. Even non campers can give some usefull tips (sometimes) for camping other
                            than the "dont camp" tip.

Comment

I read you camped too (i assume before hitting 80). which levels did you camp
                              and did it make a difference for you on reaching 80?

and yess i want to achieve these goals before leveleing cause i wont slow down in 40-49..i will hit camp at 55 (dimension, BI and cloud ad.)
                              this how far i have planned till now...i dont know after that yet
                              Yes i`ve camped between 60-74. But once reaching 75 you face all top players and the camping will fail in front of cash
                              Heres a pic of me from 8 months ago passing 65 http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....l=1#post929918 which was badass then (lack of events, no hoofs, no sylph br bla bla bla)

This is 2 months after hitting 65, when i passed 70 and you can see the diff http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1045744

And yeah i rocked bg hardcore

But hey, I`ve cashed a bit! Who doesnt ? haha

Comment

Yes i`ve camped between 60-74. But once reaching 75 you face all top players and the camping will fail in front of cash
                                Heres a pic of me from 8 months ago passing 65 http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....l=1#post929918 which was badass then (lack of events, no hoofs, no sylph br bla bla bla)

This is 2 months after hitting 65, when i passed 70 and you can see the diff http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1045744

And yeah i rocked bg hardcore

But hey, I`ve cashed a bit! Who doesnt ? haha
                                Nice, but i dont cash at all....so is it doable for me to hope to get my stable up to level8?

Some fellow server buddies have told me that when you are a non casher it is now wise to go
                                to level75-80 cause i wont stand a chance. That makes level60+ not very attractive for me.

For me this game is fun in pvp situations (i hate mpd's so far). I even enjoy wilds and circuit quests
                                more than mpd runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X