Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little bit of math on Treasure Hunt strategy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlad
    replied
    just wanna add: orange map user has another bonus of 33%.
    so if you used your map, found the treasure, and have full party you will earn 199 shards instead if 144.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by MsKink View Post
    You assume way too much... making all these calculations pretty much useless. Why even bother assuming it costs 3 wines to get an orange, it will never happen (if it does, its not even worth putting in your stat book...)
    Originally posted by gimmickless View Post
    But what about if we have 3 wines? We can now potentially upgrade to an orange, which increases rewards by 33% for the opener. This allows for the following combinations:
    [LIST][*]1 orange + 4 green = 1 * (108 * 3 * 1.33) + 4 * (36 * 3) = 862.92 = 863

wrong

orange costs 8
    it can cost 7 if you are lucky
    let me show you with a simple screenshot of your foolishnessism
    Click image for larger version

Name:	maps.png
Views:	1
Size:	808.3 KB
ID:	1706908

1 wine is equal to 15 balen
    as you can see it doubles in the need of balens for next map jump
    the minimum needed to get orange is 7
    however it is guaranteed at 8
    and it is possible to fail getting a blue map i have multiple times
    your math is wrong in so many ways

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    reminder to everyone : just because someone pulled a lot of numbers doesn't always mean he's right.

2+3=8,
    3+7=27,
    4+5=32,
    5+8=60,
    6+7=72,
    7+8=??

2+3=2*[3+(2-1)]=8
    3+7=3*[7+(3-1)]=27
    4+5=4*[5+(4-1)]=32
    5+8=5*[8+(5-1)]=60
    6+7=6*[7+(6-1)]=72
    therefore
    7+8=7*[8+(7-1)]=98
    x+y=x[y+(x-1)]=x^2+xy-x

in conclusion 5 purple maps a day is the best

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    reminder to everyone : just because someone pulled a lot of numbers doesn't always mean he's right.

Leave a comment:

• MsKink
    replied
    Originally posted by gimmickless View Post

3 blue + 2 green = 3 * (56 * 3) + 2 * (36 * 3) = 720
    dam i wish i could get 720 shards per day from 3 blue and 2 green ^^

Leave a comment:

• MsKink
    replied
    You assume way too much... making all these calculations pretty much useless. Why even bother assuming it costs 3 wines to get an orange, it will never happen (if it does, its not even worth putting in your stat book...)

Also, why would you bother adding up 5 maps (like 1 orange + 4 greens) when you can just compare 1 orange to 1 green...

Btw, whats this ? 1 orange + 4 green = 1 * (108 * 3 * 1.33) + 4 * (36 * 3) = 862.92 = 863 ??????? 863 what ? shards ? im lost in your maths dude ^^

As for your question about the probabilities of failure to upgrade, it depends on what color you are trying to upgrade to i.e. you will fail more if you try to upgrade from purple to orange than green to blue.

All in all, the benefits from purple or oranges are negated by that failure to upgrade (high) probability. I did some testing and calculations as well, much less complicated than what you just did.

My conclusion ? Blue upgrade is almost guaranteed to work (id say near to 90%), Purple upgrade seems to be around 50% from blue and Orange... i ended up thinking id rather spend 8 wines to get it as it often was cheaper...

So i've ''decided'' blue was the most efficient map to get but ...

We now get loads of free wines from dimensional maps and ive found out that getting 1-2 blue per day wouldnt deplete my stock of wines sooo ...

I guess you should get anything as high as you can as long as you have wines left in inventory to get at least 1-2 blue per day

That was just my 2cents

Leave a comment:

• R289048
    replied
    Don't quote me on this because it's been a while since I've done anything higher than blue maps, but doesn't it cost more wines each level you upgrade? 1 wine to go from green to blue....2 wines to go from blue to purple ect. Seems like that's the way I remember it. And when I did the math that way it always seemed to be better to do all blues..unless you just have unlimited wines and balens of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X