Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me make sense of the numbers here, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me make sense of the numbers here, please.

Ok, while doing LL NM, saw some very strange numbers.

This was going on all through the dungeon, but I'm just going to use numbers from the final boss:

Me, a level 72 mage with 36761 pdef and 37227 mdef, using a level 68 Hades and have a combined dark resist of 176.
    My LL NM partner who I'm comparing numbers to, and the reason these numbers make absolutely no sense, is a level 80 mage with 54912 pdef, 53217 mdef, using a level 80 Athena and enough dark crystals to have an overall dark resist of -20.

My partner was in the back row, I was in the front row.

The numbers that make no sense to me were all from while we were both in our normal forms, before we hit the sylphs.
    I was taking less damage off the boss's crits (about 8.5k per crit) than my partner was taking off a BLOCKED attack (about 10k when blocking). Normal hits to both of us, I took about 5-6k, they took about 12k.

In other words, the mage with around 18k less mdef and pdef, and only slightly more overall dark resist, and who was sitting in the front row, was taking 1/2 the damage as the mage with the better defense stats who was sitting in the back row.

How? Can anyone explain the math here?

There's a bit of lack of information, res crystal isn't the only damage red u have anyway 176 res it's -21% damage or so while -20 is +3% damage taken, damage is (atk-def)/2 in which u gotta count all the damage reduction, now if you have higher gb/dam res talent those number can be right. Or it might have been a bugged run, it's always bugtune u know.

Comment

There's other possibilities, did your friend remember to put on their Goddess Blessing (purple or yellow/orange)?

Some forget to put it back on after WB (usually since they are using a Deflection astral)
      IGN: TreeTopper
      Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
      Guild: ESKReborn
      Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
      Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

TC, what makes you so sure the boss's attack is dark element?
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

MPD boss is void, your defense is your highest RES I think
          SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
          IGN: Kimwong
          CLASS: Knight
          PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
          BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
          Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

i'm still confuse about that too...

i'm lv 71 knight with about 22k m def and 42k p def.
            doing ll nm with a friend with 35k m def and 48k p def

i'm using 1 star hercules with 40k br each time we i got attacked from boss only about less than 20k with crit on last boss
            but my friend who use 64k br cerberus with more def than me got almost double damage than me...
            idk what the problem even his astral 3 times than me...
            only have 100k astral value when he got more than 300k...

but if i change slyph into my green triton i got damage more than 30-50k damage....
            maybe its about the ress or maybe from something else that i still wonder about that...

and yeah its same like when i'm doing spire with them
            i got lowest damage than others...
            and only use electro ress with about 650 ress (include dimensional attributes)...
            Server - 389

Class - Knight

Lv - 80

BR 2,59Mil - (Include Kids and 2 Slyphs)

Comment

certain aspects you dont consider:

LL nm has no element, highest elemental resistance will count in dmg calculation, so him having dark resis of -20 is not neccesary for dmg calculation.
              Skills, maybe its a skill to a boss which does single high dmg and some low shockwave dmg (hitting others but a bit lower), not sure about LL cz its been a while.
              % stat reduction from goddess blssing
              floating dmg, at some point in the game this aspect of calculation could result in others getting more dmg than you, im not sure how many hits you kept track of but its possible this could be a result

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
                certain aspects you dont consider:

LL nm has no element, highest elemental resistance will count in dmg calculation, so him having dark resis of -20 is not neccesary for dmg calculation.
                This would most likely be the reason in that case. I had a fire resist of ~ 800 going due to multiple dimensions active (VIP), he had much less of a highest resist (not vip)

Comment

Originally posted by dterror View Post
                  This would most likely be the reason in that case. I had a fire resist of ~ 800 going due to multiple dimensions active (VIP), he had much less of a highest resist (not vip)
                  seems most reasonable choice then. only bosses on nirv have elements (some say di too but dunno about that yet)

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
                    There's other possibilities, did your friend remember to put on their Goddess Blessing (purple or yellow/orange)?

Some forget to put it back on after WB (usually since they are using a Deflection astral)
                    Deflection/bleed doesn't give you gold from wb, just sayin.

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                    MPD boss is void, your defense is your highest RES I think
                    Never did ll nm after res crystal came out but in nirv every boss has his own element.

Comment

Working...
                    X