According new EU VAT law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According new EU VAT law

As some of you already noticed EU has made some changes to the VAT law for online/electronic services which will reflect on every EU player. Since i work in the same area i have a question regarding this, because depending on the answer this might be right or wrong.

So the question, more to the gms or anyone who can dig this info, since i couldnt is:

Which exactly is the provider of this version we are playing and where is it VAT registered?
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Could be that it is registered in China, not subject to the tax, but they are collecting it anyway and pocketing the difference. :rolleyes
    Server: Armor S6
    IGN: Xanthralla
    Guild: Samurai

Comment

I have been reading up on the EU VAT laws. For e-services, which include virtual purchases, any company that offers a product to consumers who live in a country with a VAT, VAT must be collected from the consumer for every purchase and sent to the consumer's government.

The EU is who makes the demand for VAT to be charged from non-EU businesses. Non-EU businesses don't get a choice, regardless of where they are located. They either collect VAT from EU consumers, or they stop allowing EU consumers to access the site, which would mean closing Euro time zone servers as well.

So what happens for you guys now is, you get charged VAT on every purchase, at a rate set by your government. R2 sends your government the VAT you paid. Your government is happy, and you get to keep playing your game. Following the EU VAT law changes in 2015, you should find being changed VAT to be completely normal on every website you visit that allows consumers from the EU to make purchases.

I found this site to be especially helpful in explaining things: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...m/index_en.htm Hopefully it is equally as helpful to you too.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

wait so if i am europe, evan if i play on us west server, i still have to pay when buying vip?

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          If r2 had/has EU representative and EU VAT registration they already charge this, only thing that would change is the difference from VAT rates different countries have, i.e. players from Romania, Denmark, Croatia, Hungary, Finland etc. that have high rates will need to pay more compared to others for the same purchase.

If r2 dont have such registration, every EU player will need to pay more (again some more, some less depending on where they live), no less than 20% increase in everything.

But how will online payments (that determine if and how much more you need to pay)? IP? Watch me.

Comment

You are still a EU consumer, so it doesn't matter what server you play, EU still demands you be taxed for purchases.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
              You are still a EU consumer, so it doesn't matter what server you play, EU still demands you be taxed for purchases.
              well seams that after my 70 days left of vip, no more vip for me

Comment

lol. like im gonna pay 21% taxes.

No way.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                  lol. like im gonna pay 21% taxes.

No way.
                  Get a suga mama from some other part of the world to recharge for you?

Comment

The VAT should already in the price if you buy VIP or balens. Think about that R2. Webshop got prices include VAt not exclude it.
                    Ingame name: RubberDuckie
                    Server: EST, R2games
                    Servername: S7 Serpent's Den
                    Toon: Knight
                    Guild: -

Comment

After I checked some of my old payment confirmation e-mails something interesting popped out. Our (or mine at least) payments dont go to r2 directly but to Skrill, which are EU registered business entity, no customer. Meaning r2 could only charge them with VAT, not the end customers - players. But as a registered company they owe no VAT on such services. And here things get more complicated and no point to discuss.

So I hope r2 knows what they are doing, i doubt it tho, cause now they are doing it wrong.

Comment

So if you play through a VPN and show as USA based this won't apply? Jus curious how they will implement this, not jus in Wartune, but in general...
                        Blizzarea
                        S147
                        Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                          So if you play through a VPN and show as USA based this won't apply? Jus curious how they will implement this, not jus in Wartune, but in general...
                          Totally not tryin to avoid to pay more right? :P

Comment

We already pay 3 times Tax for every euro we spend here in The Netherlands. The european goverment are also greedy cupcakes. You buy ingame credits and also pay for that. Why you should pay it again to a 3th party.
                            Ingame name: RubberDuckie
                            Server: EST, R2games
                            Servername: S7 Serpent's Den
                            Toon: Knight
                            Guild: -

Comment

Originally posted by ANWB-praatpaal View Post
                              We already pay 3 times Tax for every euro we spend here in The Netherlands. The european goverment are also greedy cupcakes. You buy ingame credits and also pay for that. Why you should pay it again to a 3th party.
                              capitalism ....more and more is our moto

Comment

Working...
                              X