Lack of participants in Atoll Boss for rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of participants in Atoll Boss for rewards

I see people complaining all the time about there not being enough players taking part in the AB events to generate rewards, so I thought of a simple solution that would help boost participation in all 4 daily events by a fair bit:

Get rid of both World Boss events, and make all 4 Atoll Boss events give the same equivalent value of Gold and Daru as the WB currently do....meaning each AB event would be worth 50% of what a WB event is now. Do all 4 AB events, and you get the same income of Gold/Daru as you would have from doing the 2 WB events.

First of all, ever since the 4pm WB was eliminated, a lot of players are no longer able to take part in a WB. Either from being too early in the day (during regular work and/or school hours) or way too late at night. Since the start times for the WB never changes, all the players who can't make either of those events are just completely out of luck.

2nd, right now only the top teams get much of anything out of taking part in an AB event, and all the weaker players who can't do much just get a bare pittance compared to the time (and boredom) they have to invest in the AB event. Rewards need to be boosted at the lower ranks in order to encourage participation.

3rd, because the AB events aren't fixed with a specific start time every day, but instead roam around the clock based on how long since the last AB was defeated, more players will have access to the gold/daru they need to become competitive.

why would you make the rewards of 50% wb? that's completly useless and still wont encourage ppl to do ab. AB should give much better rewards and why? because for low br players ab is impossible. you need a lot of hp and good resistance to survive and do a fair piece of dmg. the requirements for ab are much higher than for wb, therefore the rewards should be higher as well. Besides some ppl can do 2 wb, but who can really do 4 ab?

The elemination of a wb got slightly compensated with higher gold income back then if i recall well.

at your 2nd point i agree, rewards should be better for everyone, not the top team. thats also the main issue, only nr 1 gets nice rewards. however the rewards should have been upgraded regardless changing wb or not.

at your 3rd point i disagree. people dont do ab on my server because most dont know when it is. i can do some stuff knowing wb will be going soon, but idk when ab is so i wont bother with that and i think many ppl think like that. i also doubt ppl with busy life will be able to do ab at all, due to lack of knowing when it will happen as well as the random time, so i still dont think this idea will fix it for the ppl with work/school

Comment

AB, the way it is, is a pain.
      - it's random : not possible to know when previous one died
      - it's worth the trouble as long as you don't have the mount
      - when you have the mount, only the first place is really worthy: the gold is not so good, the crystaloid useless if you have the mount
      - it can be long : some night AB can last many hours
      - fewer people are doing it : for all the reason explained

this morning, the boss had "low" HP (around 200) and there was 2 groups who did it.
      the AB will soon be a one group feature if nothing change.
      - better rewards
      - something worthy to exchange from loids
      - an increase of damage the same way it exist in other feature (inspiration in WB, increase % in temple or duel, ...) to fasten it
      RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
      Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Suggestions:
        - give an equal amount of daru for the gold earned by the teams
        - lower the amount of players needed for the lucky last hit chest from the current 40 (or more). Seriously. Even on weekends, Kabam USWest S15/25 might have once a month where there is enough players for it to be awarded
        - give a fifteen minute warning, not the shortest four minutes I have seen. Very few as is do circuit quests, so this should not be a major issue, with followup warnings at ten minutes and five minutes for those who missed the first one (off-line, away to grab a sandwich, etc...)
        - additional rewards for atoll crystals. the only "useful" reward for me is SCs, and even then they get eaten up by the wedding tree in my farm in less than two days, this for placing 1st in AB? Lately I've been more doing it for my game spouse who has not yet maxed out soul engraving, at which point neither of us will bother.
        - a permanent title. "Atoll Boss Slayer" have it give +100 to all attributes so that it's worth doing. Requirement? Place first in AB 10 times.
        IGN: TreeTopper
        Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
        Guild: ESKReborn
        Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
        Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

I think this is a good thread and I like the brain storming you've got going on. Some of the bosses when they spawn have incredibly low hit points such as 41 million or 60/69 million that I have personally witnessed.. and then we have those one and two a.m. monsters that love to appear with 300 million and 420 million and as such take the next four hours to decimate. The gold can be hit of miss on this, you are correct there.. and since there is really nothing or value to upper levels once the mount is achieved maybe in time (hope) they will add things to the atoll shop. Giving stoves is no longer enough to encourage upper levels in the class advanced segment, as any worth salt have stacks upon stacks of stoves.. yet no hammers.

I think you have hit many nails on the head, and I hope you all keep the thoughts and suggestions coming so that hopefully someone will see this and poke and hopefully in time give a change so that its fresh and new all over again.

With no interest, there is no lucky hit box.. and those boxes are nice.. but as the rewards are poor... and so many having a mount... well, time will tell, sadly, all we can do is hope, cross our fingers and play a waiting game.
          Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

personally, i don't mind if nobody likes sylph boss. I'm sorry it takes your solo team up to 4 hours to kill the high hp boss, but stronger teams can kill it in less than an hour. Gold is rewarded based on total damage, so if you're the only team in there, you can make 15 mil.

I do agree if the devs wanted more than 1 dominate team to take advantage of sylph boss, they would increase rewards for positions after 1st for all the reasons mentioned already. I'm not surprised they don't though because user experience has never been high on their list. Still scratching my head with the pointless addition of Bloody Inferno too.

Comment

I agree give more rewards to lesser teams in atoll boss. I dont do it because the event is a joke in my mind. The rewards are a pittance. Only the top teams get anything decent, a 4 player team having an average br of around 150k dies in a few hits from boss. Better and more rewards which would be incentive for more participation. Also adding a rewards system for doing certain amounts of damage like in world boss would be nice as well

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
                personally, i don't mind if nobody likes sylph boss. I'm sorry it takes your solo team up to 4 hours to kill the high hp boss, but stronger teams can kill it in less than an hour. Gold is rewarded based on total damage, so if you're the only team in there, you can make 15 mil.
                One hour 30 minutes, 6 million gold from roughly 90% damage to the fire boss. Middle of the night, perhaps 8 players, and that was actually shorter than the three hour plus marathons I've had the extreme displeasure of participating in.

Utterly agree for the Devs and their attention paid to the community as a whole, or instead of BI, new true level 80 campaigns would have been released six months ago.
                Last edited by ATreeTopper; 01-29-2015, 04:26 AM.

Comment

bc i cant delete post
                  Last edited by MotoHanari; 04-09-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
                    - an increase of damage the same way it exist in other feature (inspiration in WB, increase % in temple or duel, ...) to fasten it
                    this is actually i havent read but is briliant, make sure the boost has no limit like lv 20 at wb, and killing it should be much easier

Comment

They just need to add better rewards where everyone will want to do it. Not only for top 3 or top 5, but lets says all top 10 groups, with the highest getting the best rewards. Since it is a Sylth Atoll event, why not give out Mahra or selph, or other rewards that people need like more soul crystals, soul crystals and mount whips?

Comment

After World Boss this morning, the Atoll boss kicked up. It had 22 mil HP. Most of the people who attended World Boss went to that. Everyone had maybe 4 turns to deal damage. Nobody got rewards. No gold, nothing other then a massive let-down that we all wasted our time.

When did Atoll boss go from over 1 billion hp to 22 mil?
                        Name: Phoenixia
                        Server: R2 S-319
                        Class: Mage
                        BR: 911k
                        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

we have a very populated server, and now we normally only get 3-5 teams. and honestly, I only need 50 more points for the mount and then I will not be doing it again. No real reason to. It's boring as hell, and without hammers, the other **** is worthless
                          If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post

I do agree if the devs wanted more than 1 dominate team to take advantage of sylph boss, they would increase rewards for positions after 1st for all the reasons mentioned already. I'm not surprised they don't though because user experience has never been high on their list. Still scratching my head with the pointless addition of Bloody Inferno too.
                            who in their right mind would want to waste an hour doing this boring ****?
                            If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
                              I think this is a good thread and I like the brain storming you've got going on.
                              Reputation for intelligent and constructive posts would be nice

For spending tons of time on it, can think of a number of reasons. Last step to getting the mount, gold for high level gear enchanting, or simply soul crystals or title for personal gain.
                              Last edited by ATreeTopper; 02-04-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X