SOme newbie questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOme newbie questions

Not gonna lie, im real nervous about starting this game up, as Ive been told a lotta horror stories about how much cash is needed to even have a remote about of fun. Im mainly here to ask some questions, see if theres truth to that.

1. Lets assume I cash, is VIP enough to get me...somewere at least without going nuts, or am I doomed from the getgo? Mind you im not aiming to be number one, as I know that requires an insane amount of money, im just looking for a plan to do decently.

2. I know this is a biased question, but given the vast polarity ive found on these forums, is this game worth it?

Thanks in advance.

You missed out on pretty much infinity mount training whips and the ability to max soul engrave. You can play, but be warned that you will be disadvantaged about 40k br unless you cash a lot or you wait a VERY long time for the resources.
    I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

How much time to do intend to devote to this game? VIP will cut down on the amount needed greatly.

You can spend as little as 10$ USD for wings, to perhaps 100$ and have some traction if you spend wisely.

Look for logic in the horror stories in the Suggestions Section to see if what you have heard has any basis in reality. Chances are the posters who explain their view have a point (although it might be hard to find if it's a rant), where "R2/7Road suck" probably are just there to flame.

Good Luck. Have Fun.
      IGN: TreeTopper
      Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
      Guild: ESKReborn
      Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
      Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
        How much time to do intend to devote to this game? VIP will cut down on the amount needed greatly.

You can spend as little as 10$ USD for wings, to perhaps 100$ and have some traction if you spend wisely.

Look for logic in the horror stories in the Suggestions Section to see if what you have heard has any basis in reality. Chances are the posters who explain their view have a point (although it might be hard to find if it's a rant), where "R2/7Road suck" probably are just there to flame.

Good Luck. Have Fun.
        Again that really depends on a simple question

1. What is possible..assuming i just do wings/vip, as those seem to be the real big ones.

Also i tend to do as you say about the horror stories, but given the newest nerf to an event and the fact this IS r2, there is merit to researching these tales as lets face it, this company is next to nexon NA in terms of popularity/decision making.

Comment

VIP cuts down on time as follows:
          - One click guild blessings (10 at a time) and astral capturing.
          - One "free" mount, as long as VIP is active
          - Access to the VIP chest in MP Dungeons, pay kyranite to get extra loot, including legendary stones in Nightmare difficulty
          - Increased kyranite gain from plunder
          - A wheel of fortune type bonus, where you can spend VIP tokens to get various items such as 500k gold
          - Lowered honor loss from Battle Grounds, to zero loss at VIP lvl 9

ESK's former guild leaders had VIP level 9 after more than a year of play. One of the assistant Guild Masters has 270k BR and some seriously strong astrals, but they were putting in 8 to 12 hour days. The sky is somewhat the limit, so it all depends how much time you intend to put in.
          IGN: TreeTopper
          Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
          Guild: ESKReborn
          Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
          Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

on these kind of games, i suggest you start on the newly released games. wartune is over 2 years old, you'd be having nightmare in cross server events.
            i suggest playing new games like stormthrone or nova genesis if you're trying to play the game competitively.
            however, if you're just playing the game for fun, feel free to try it. there's a lot of people who never spend any cash but still in the top tier.
            Last edited by Arlad; 02-04-2015, 12:10 AM.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              on these kind of games, i suggest you start on the newly released games. wartune is over 2 years old, you'd be having nightmare in cross server events.
              i suggest playing new games like stormthrone or nova genesis if you're trying to play the game competitively.
              however, if you're just playing the game for fun, feel free to try it. there's a lot of people who never spend any cash but still in the top tier.
              Yea i had no intention of being number one etc, im just trying to find a relativley cheap way to kill some time, dunno if this is it or if I should try thier newer games.

Granted nova gen is kinda awful, tried it lol.

Comment

Here's my 2 cents:
                The game is pretty fun sometimes, but it can suck up a huge amount of your time. If you just want to play casually, you could do worse than this game, but if you actually want to achieve, honestly I'd go somewhere else. Find a game that hasn't been going for so long, and get in early. Wartune treats new players who don't want to spend a lot very badly. And you'll never get much from the events that give out rewards based on ranking vs. other players.

If you already know people who are playing, so you have a group to join with, that can make it a lot easier, but otherwise, definitely don't join an older server. You'll end up way behind everyone else, and most people don't find that much fun. Joining a new server puts you on an even footing at least with the other players on that server, so you can find teams to do things with. Having people you enjoy hanging around with while you do your daily multi-player stuff is the single most important factor, in my opinion. I'd probably have quit long ago if not for my daily team.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcrab36 View Post
                  Not gonna lie, im real nervous about starting this game up, as Ive been told a lotta horror stories about how much cash is needed to even have a remote about of fun. Im mainly here to ask some questions, see if theres truth to that.

1. Lets assume I cash, is VIP enough to get me...somewere at least without going nuts, or am I doomed from the getgo? Mind you im not aiming to be number one, as I know that requires an insane amount of money, im just looking for a plan to do decently.

2. I know this is a biased question, but given the vast polarity ive found on these forums, is this game worth it?

Thanks in advance.
                  1. VIP is great for cutting down time spent playing (helps you skip cooldowns and some other stuff that would be spent just waiting). I can't imagine playing without it. You can do ok with just VIP, but that's part of the time-money trade-off. It takes time to do everything each day. In order to do well without spending at all, you'll want/need to do just about everything everyday. This game can be a real timehog if you let it.

2. I enjoy the gameplay, and I very much enjoy hanging out with people on my server I've come to know over the past two years. I'd say yes, it's worth it, based on what you've said you want to get out of it. As others have said in this thread, if you're aiming to be competitive at the top end of play, choose a newer game. Will be hard to catch up if you spend a bunch, impossible without. But if your goal isn't to try to reach the highest tier of competitive play, then that doesn't matter.

Comment

It really depends what you want to do in this game.

VIP is the best thing money can buy in it atm, saves you so much time on cooldowns, especially for new players with buildings and academy.

And my advice for new starters is do as much in the game as you enjoy it. Before i was trying to do EVERYTHING EVERY DAY and compete with cashers/other dedicated players. Believe me, this brings lots of stress, the game becomes a chore and takes all the fun from it. Now i play as much as i want, IF i want. Of course i lost some advantage to others, but trust me, there ALWAYS will be better, bigger, richer players, so the whole competition is pointless unless you want to spend unreasonable amount of money.
                    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Working...
                    X