No announcement yet.

About Mages and Electro Resistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fight one archer with less reduce resistance and less electro resistance than mine. His BR is 12k more than mine with all 12k of that being in PATK. I have higher pdef and mdef than he does while he as a few more hp that balances the BR difference in them out. I am hitting him for 7k only in normal mode while he is hitting me for 30-40k with Arrow strike. When we sylph he delphics and gets me for over 300k while I may get 40k damage on him. I have watched others with higher resistance in other elements do the same damage to him even with much higher numbers.

Also his BR shows up as over 400k on friends list during GB while showing 354k on his profile at the same time. As soon as GB is over his BR drops to the same numbers as his profile. Someone tried to say potions and scrolls, but when GB lasts less than 20 minutes why do they disappear instantly?

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
      Hi all i want to share some of my expirience on Battleground in past few days....im Mage with 402K BR.... i haved oportunity to fight against an Archer with 370K BR , point is... i was on 20% Dryad and my MATK was 102K while that guy was "close to god" without dryad... i have atacked him and on my suprise i was dealing only 2K damage to him with my Lightning bolt.. then i hit him with Thunderer and dealed only 10K critical.. while his regular atack have deal 30K damage to me... i haved over 60K PDEF and he haved 74K PATK and 34K MDEF.....if i have calculated well damage is reversal... anyone here haved same expirience?? coz every day i find one of those players on battleground..

DIFERENCE is 70K in my MATK and his MDEF.... so im litle confused...

some of my friends says that electro ress gives such strong deff to them , i use cerberus... and if my atacks are all "electro" then mage can suck balls to anyone who poses Hercules...no mather how big diference is in players strength.. right??
      BR is a common misconception when it come to player strengths. Sylphs do play a major role even outside of sylph mode. Resist crystals can be big also. The culprit here is probably going to be astrals. the % astrals don't add any BR to a player however they are insanely powerful. So are the talents. One talent decreases all damage by 14% when it is maxed. At least for archers but I have heard all toons have a version of that one. Start upgrading your % astrals and you will be shocked at how good they really are

Comment

u say KABAM ???

my oponents are also from KABAM servers.... and only Kabam players dont get damage... i gues they then have HACK.

and i see some ppl here are very stuborn to prove that those guys dont hack.. i wonder why....

No just Kabam are very wise and know how to use Dimensions properly
        WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
          one thing is certain. Kongregate have an advantage over the rest with the bonus balens they receive for recharges. I'm unaware of any advantage from Kabam since they cant change any of the game mechanics.
          Kabam get nothing but Cupcaked.....
          WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by R21233409 View Post
            from wat i've seen kabam and kongregate servers skills and talents work a damn sight better than r2's, is like we have a poor man's copy of wartunes or like we're playing a hacked version of the original game so certain elements don't work properly.
            Lol.

Kabam players do not have any advantage over other platforms, actually they tend to refuse to send us compensation to make up for their neverending srewups.

Comment

Originally posted by fubitz View Post
              BR is a common misconception when it come to player strengths. Sylphs do play a major role even outside of sylph mode. Resist crystals can be big also. The culprit here is probably going to be astrals. the % astrals don't add any BR to a player however they are insanely powerful. So are the talents. One talent decreases all damage by 14% when it is maxed. At least for archers but I have heard all toons have a version of that one. Start upgrading your % astrals and you will be shocked at how good they really are
              i have never read something more dumbased as answer like your.....
              Alchemist

S-287
              1M+BR Mage

Comment

I won't give any thought on this cuz if I say what I know and think the worms will come out of the ground and all the world will go crazy. People will start acting like dogs and cats will rule the world. So I will keep the info I know is true and someone hacks to myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by -DarkSt0rm- View Post
                  there 2 guys I fight a lot there 100 and other is 200k br less then me all my sylphs maxed in every way. my matk is over 115k my dark res 1000 and all my res are 7s and 8s . I fought them and took me 3 sylph rounds to barely beat them I was doing no damge in reg mode. I fight huge knights and other big guys and beat them way easier then these 2 mages and neither had used block rune. So im lost how I didn't 2 or even 3 hit them. I think maybe cuz r2 has res all jacked up I hope and aint some kabam trick they got cuz both were from there. Im sorry but I just cant see how with my BR and dmg plus 700k health I almost lose and have lost to them. one guy I used dmg red rune at 75% he 2 hit me with his sylph that I found very odd but who knows. My elec res is only in 800s so im lost and kinda sick of that.
                  If you're talking about Ivegotaname - he's got monster Dark Resists. Like, insane. I'm not that far behind you and even in Gaia mode I'm only hitting him for like 25k per at 50%. The thing is, he also uses Gaia and my Dark Resists (at the time) was just over 1,000 - and he wasn't doing all that much to me either, but still significantly more than I was doing to him.

Comment

i have never read something more dumbased as answer like your.....
                    There are a lot of parts that make up BR. I can remove my L1 Mythic Medal, Goddess Blessing Astral, Will Destroyer Astral - just 3 items - and despite still having a 550k BR would fall to most 400k BR characters with a half-decent Spec.

People here have more than sufficiently attempted to explain all the facets of how one character of a certain BR can perform in a certain way vs. another. I believe the resistance issues are the most likely culprit in your example, as I too have both been on the positive and negative ends of it.

When I've fought players that don't run Dark or Elec pets, I'm always hesitant to awaken because I know that once I do, their damage goes WAY up. That's because I (currently) run 800+ Resists in both Dark & Elec, and my highest applies to ALL Damage types until I awaken. I will often wait until late in the 50% area because I can just recover from the damage done with this blanket resistance in place until then. Against an Athena I often won't awaken until 100% or later. Since I don't have a drop off in resistance vs. Hercules or Gaia, I awaken as soon as I can against opponents with those.

This is pretty straightforward - and it's really nothing new. It's also been sufficiently explained multiple times in this thread.

Comment

Speaking of this, there is an archer on my cousin's server who could reduce all damages to around 2-6k regardless of the hitter's ATK (doesn't matter PATK or MATK). She mentioned to me she saw it in MPD (Nirvana, Spire, BI, etc.) and GB. I accidentally logged onto her server in the middle of GB and fought him for once. Her toon's 46k PATK hits him for only 2k. I didn't survive until after 5-6 turns so could not find out what would happen later, but the numbers sort of make little sense. He has about 45k PDEF so the minimum damage of 4.6k should apply, but all i saw was about 1-2k damage per hit regardless of what skill I used (including the 5 hits of a delphic, which also shows as 2k each hit & not spread into 5 x 400 hits). Kinda weird to see this happening. It might make sense for the damage to go under 10% of hitter's ATK (combined with astrals & talents & medallions it could be much less than 10%), but receiving the same damage value regardless of what skill was used doesn't make sense to me. I'm not an expert player, but this is just unusual.

On one of my servers, there was a mage who seemed to be able to use skills without CD and without consuming rage. We fought her in GB, and she could continuously blast us with Meteoric Destroyer 6 times. That was a long time ago (over a year from now). I haven't seen it lately, but that was what happened a year ago. Maybe that was also some possible hacks.

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
                      Don't waste your time man, guys like him just go on forum to disagree with whomever post and start ****.....fullofsass and that guy don't understand what we are saying. They only read what they want.

No one so far has been able to explain why 3 different players with different sylph type haven't been able to damage that mage for more than 2k per round for the first 5-6 rounds then hit him like crazy and killed him. There is something fishy here as I've only seen this with 2 maybe 3 players max. Dunn is one of them. Everyone who has fought him said the same thing which pretty much was a ***!!! is happening....couldn't hit the guy the first 5-6 rounds then it all came back to normal.

We can't prove it so let's move on...just suck it up mate, survive the first 5-6 rounds then hit him like a drum...that's what I do...
                      To my knowledge, your elements attack type is ALWAYS the same as your sylph regardless of what class or skills you have. Without sylph, your hero's native skills have no elements types; they were implemented before the sylph system was introduced. When you put a sylph on, your elements attack type follows what the sylph has. At least that's what the game status message and help text says.

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                      boil has no resistance built since he doesn't need, didn't test which type is rof since i don't have a mage acc but i've electro res built and never saw someone doing much damage on me with rof either so dunno, too lazy to test.

"something is fishy" "we can't prove it" lol, don't deny u call him a cheater next time It's fun how when u can't kill someone it's always because he's cheating and not because u don't know enough about game
                      Not to ask for names or anything, mind telling me which server that 330k archer is located? Sounds like someone on my cousin's server, though it could be a coincidence.

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                      Ok so, from all the players I beat in bg, that 330K archer is the only one that figure that stuff out, because "he studied the game"? Wow, give him a nobel prize.
                      That's the truth we don't want to admit I have a free toon on a kabam server and a free toon with exactly the same build on a R2Games server. Both started at same time and played in same way. They differ by about 30k. That says it all.

Originally posted by DreamFrenzy View Post
                      Kabam get nothing but Cupcaked.....
                      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-14-2015, 10:35 AM. Reason: 4 post merge

Comment

Originally posted by Okpokalypse View Post
                        There are a lot of parts that make up BR. I can remove my L1 Mythic Medal, Goddess Blessing Astral, Will Destroyer Astral - just 3 items - and despite still having a 550k BR would fall to most 400k BR characters with a half-decent Spec.

People here have more than sufficiently attempted to explain all the facets of how one character of a certain BR can perform in a certain way vs. another. I believe the resistance issues are the most likely culprit in your example, as I too have both been on the positive and negative ends of it.

When I've fought players that don't run Dark or Elec pets, I'm always hesitant to awaken because I know that once I do, their damage goes WAY up. That's because I (currently) run 800+ Resists in both Dark & Elec, and my highest applies to ALL Damage types until I awaken. I will often wait until late in the 50% area because I can just recover from the damage done with this blanket resistance in place until then. Against an Athena I often won't awaken until 100% or later. Since I don't have a drop off in resistance vs. Hercules or Gaia, I awaken as soon as I can against opponents with those.

This is pretty straightforward - and it's really nothing new. It's also been sufficiently explained multiple times in this thread.
                        Please read text fully before u comment... your ress have nothing with your atack.. its defensive crystal not ATACK.

and my MATK was 100K+ while that guy MDEF was 30K+ ...... now u tell me is it posible to deal 2K damage to that guy??
                        Alchemist

S-287
                        1M+BR Mage

Comment

A friend of mine has 5 Int. Electro Dimensions + lvl. 6-7 Electro RES Crystals. It's no use trying to kill her with Hercules.
                          With +50% dmg bonus, I deal her 40k with Hercules' Delph and 70-80k with 6k BR white Pan's Delph.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                            A friend of mine has 5 Int. Electro Dimensions + lvl. 6-7 Electro RES Crystals. It's no use trying to kill her with Hercules.
                            With +50% dmg bonus, I deal her 40k with Hercules' Delph and 70-80k with 6k BR white Pan's Delph.
                            i use Cerberus...... its Fire...

and in not talking about fight in sylph mode...

its regular fight in HERO mode.
                            Alchemist

S-287
                            1M+BR Mage

Comment

i use Cerberus...... its Fire...

and in not talking about fight in sylph mode...

its regular fight in HERO mode.
                              Ok. As people have already said: HERO mode seems to be bugged like Sky Trail used to be - enemy's highest resistance is always taken into account, no matter what kind of attack you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                                Ok. As people have already said: HERO mode seems to be bugged like Sky Trail used to be - enemy's highest resistance is always taken into account, no matter what kind of attack you have.
                                in that case we can apply my theory?? anyone with Herc is untouchable and every mage no mather how strong he is, can suck balls to those players right?? coz on your comment i can only understand that mages have all their atacks electro based... LIGHTNING , THUNDERER , RAIN OF FIRE , METEORIC DESTROYER ....etc...etc...

my WILL crystals are around 400 + my MATK was in that moment 100 000+ against his 30K+ MDEF ....... that mean he need atleast 2500 ress crystal on electro... and that only APPLY if mages atacks are electro based.

no other solutions.
                                Alchemist

S-287
                                1M+BR Mage

Comment

Working...
                                X