CSGB Matchups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSGB Matchups

Last time, the matching system was horrible; many high level teams did not make it to the finals, while lower level teams did, simply because of the way the matchups were done. Is there any hope that the brackets will be more fairly done this time around?
    Server: Armor S6
    IGN: Xanthralla
    Guild: Samurai

No, just more abused.
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
      No, just more abused.
      Indeed. I suspect several strong guilds will get rid of their BR fluff (inactives) to get easy match-ups early on.
      Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

I dunno. I bet a lot of other people will be like me and just not care. With all the bugs, lag, and stupid design choices made by R2/7Road, CSGB just is not really fun. You'll get enough for mount and a few hammers even if you end up in last place, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
          I dunno. I bet a lot of other people will be like me and just not care. With all the bugs, lag, and stupid design choices made by R2/7Road, CSGB just is not really fun. You'll get enough for mount and a few hammers even if you end up in last place, so whatever.
          the bunny hit the nail right on the head. there is so much else to do in the game, that I really don't have time to worry about ranking and placement.
          Besides, The Walking Dead is on sundays. if the choice comes to it, the game is gonna lose.
          If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
            Indeed. I suspect several strong guilds will get rid of their BR fluff (inactives) to get easy match-ups early on.
            The BR of inactive players is not taken into consideration in guild strength.
            IGN: AncientEvil
            Server: EU-271+merged
            Class: Archer
            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
              The BR of inactive players is not taken into consideration in guild strength.
              im pretty sure this isn't true. my current guild has less than 10 players who logged in in the last 3 weeks which totalled for 3 m BR, but we still can register because the guild's total strenght is above 4 m.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                couldnt agree more with that. its like sylph arena, you could just try reaaally hard to push with refreshing & timing but still dont make that extra bracket or whatever. so yea i say no thanks to rankings as a mean to get more ''loot''

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                  im pretty sure this isn't true. my current guild has less than 10 players who logged in in the last 3 weeks which totalled for 3 m BR, but we still can register because the guild's total strenght is above 4 m.
                  That means that for CSGB the guild strength is not the one listed in guild strength rankings. Our BR has a listed strength of almost 27 mil while total BR of all players including inactives is above 30 mil.
                  IGN: AncientEvil
                  Server: EU-271+merged
                  Class: Archer
                  Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                    That means that for CSGB the guild strength is not the one listed in guild strength rankings. Our BR has a listed strength of almost 27 mil while total BR of all players including inactives is above 30 mil.
                    read my post again.
                    if they didn't take the inactives into csgb rank, then my guild wont be able to register because the reason you stated above.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

read my post again.
                      if they didn't take the inactives into csgb rank, then my guild wont be able to register because the reason you stated above.
                      I suspect that inactive players are gradually scaled down in their contribution, since kicking people who have been offline "Very Long" has no or negligible impact on guild BR. I was once in a guild that kicked 80% of its members, nearly all of whom were long-time inactives, and barely lost any BR at all.

It's possible there's a hard cut-off, and guild BR is something more than just individual BRs added together, or that cut-off is over 3 weeks, who knows. With only the daily ranking to go by, it's really difficult to figure out exactly what does and does not contribute.

Comment

Those players aren't "inactive" for the purpose of this discussion. Only "very long", i.e. a month without logging in, removes their BR from total guild BR.

Comment

Question, does current guild BR includes sylph BR like player rankings? If so, that can explain it.
                          It's going to be hard keeping guild BR low.
                          [morfinnor]
                          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                            Question, does current guild BR includes sylph BR like player rankings? If so, that can explain it.
                            It's going to be hard keeping guild BR low.
                            rankings are kinda messy now since the patch with sylph br.
                            it should be your br you see on your toon as part of the guild, so with your equipped sylph

Comment

Well, just saw the first matchup. Just like last time, we were matched with the guild nearest to our br. So, just like last time, the second thru fifteenth place guilds get eliminated from the finals..neglecting nerfs and upsets of course. Hopefully we can out nerf our competition.
                              Server: Armor S6
                              IGN: Xanthralla
                              Guild: Samurai

Comment

Working...
                              X