Dragon Invasion Mage question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Invasion Mage question.

Okay so I've been doing a little testing in DI. Been trying to see if my Callousness talent would proc off Delphic Hell Thunder on my party. So far, after two weeks of my testing, I've noticed a little trend; the talent isn't activating at all. My team can kill 7 bosses, 6 of which I'll use Hell Thunder once on. I know it's a waste of rage, but that's what rage rune is for. Anyways, 6 Hell Thunders, 14 days, that's 72 Hell Thunders total. Not a single one of them has procced the talent. has anyone else attempted this after seeing knights hack the system with Agoran Shield?
    Name: Phoenixia
    Server: R2 S-319
    Class: Mage
    BR: 911k
    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Not in DI, but my team's mage uses it in group arena and it procs every 2-3 fights on at least 1-2 of us, sometimes more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
      Not in DI, but my team's mage uses it in group arena and it procs every 2-3 fights on at least 1-2 of us, sometimes more.
      Yeah, chance for stun, chance for bubbles. It's awesome, but as soon as I try it in DI, it's like trying to play Battlefield games with a pool noodle.
      Name: Phoenixia
      Server: R2 S-319
      Class: Mage
      BR: 911k
      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Knight hack is meh..I always lose 1 turn of atk whether I get hit or not, and need a heal rune to top of my hp, so I can't use brute to augment my sylph attack. If it works, I wind up nearly dead, and could die later at the wrong time, leaving only two in the battle. I've stopped doing it after the novelty wore off.
        Server: Armor S6
        IGN: Xanthralla
        Guild: Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by jbyram2 View Post
          Knight hack is meh..I always lose 1 turn of atk whether I get hit or not, and need a heal rune to top of my hp, so I can't use brute to augment my sylph attack. If it works, I wind up nearly dead, and could die later at the wrong time, leaving only two in the battle. I've stopped doing it after the novelty wore off.
          It may not be great for every team, but if you have a solo tank, it's really helpful to make sure you're not exposing the squishy mages in back to the front-row hits. I always use it for the first death blow, since that's perfect timing to sylph up, so I typically gain a lot more than I lose by taking a turn to cast shield.

I've never seen anyone try DHT in DI, but it's an interesting idea. It's got such a low proc rate of the shield it's a low margin, but if it works even once in a run, that's probably improving your total damage output.

Comment

This maybe one of the undocumented thing: "Only works in PvP".

Mage shield doesn't improve damage output. It's combo of shield and knight block heal that helps them survive kill blows.
            Why make a mage put shield for knights, just ask them to bring agoran.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
            X