Atoll boss timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atoll boss timer

I think it would be nice to have a timer on atoll boss like 20 min to kill it and then it disappears. It can be really annoyying killing it for 1+ hour because there is not enough people to do it.

I think twenty minutes may be a little bit on the low end.. especially when the hit points can be anywhere from 24 million upwards of 400 million, though I do agree a timer of some sort would be nice.. especially for newer servers.. and for servers that had simply stopped caring.. so to speak. The world boss has one, it would be nice to see this get one as well. I think your suggestion is admirable and good and I hope they consider it... thank you for sharing
    Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Del View Post
      I think it would be nice to have a timer on atoll boss like 20 min to kill it and then it disappears. It can be really annoyying killing it for 1+ hour because there is not enough people to do it.
      I agree, although I think 30-45 min would be better. That would give those who can't dps the atoll boss as well a chance to get the % needed for the desirable rewards. I'm on one of the servers that stopped caring. We have some server tops that race to kill the bosses during the day, meaning the late night ones are super high HP and take forever to kill. Even during the day, its rare to see more than 3 teams attacking boss. The fact is that it isn't all about time. Time is a big factor; I refuse to waste 4-5 hours killing a boss, even if I will get 50 stoves, 50 crystaloids, and over 15 million gold. 4-5 hours is just too much time to invest (and I have no hammers, so stoves are kind of a troll).

The issue aside from time that causes so many to opt out is the sheer amount of resistance needed to do well vs the bosses. I have enough res to do it (although I have to use guardian rune to survive the ulti consistently), but many do not. There are level 80s who can't even survive until the ulti, and lower levels have an even rougher time of it. Atoll boss really is an event that, through sheer OP of the boss, discourages participation. Being on a near dead server doesn't help. Try getting a full group for maps some time. You'll run out of bullhorns first.

Comment

I think lower players don't even have chance to get enough % for the rewards. No one really takes them to team because they don't do enough dmg so the whole team is missing on rewards. Also people that already got the mount don't really bother wasting their time with atoll boss and that results in lower number of participants. It would be nice to see some other rewards added to exchange, I think that can make more people do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Del View Post
          I think lower players don't even have chance to get enough % for the rewards. No one really takes them to team because they don't do enough dmg so the whole team is missing on rewards. Also people that already got the mount don't really bother wasting their time with atoll boss and that results in lower number of participants. It would be nice to see some other rewards added to exchange, I think that can make more people do it.
          When I know the atoll boss will die w/in 30 min, I offer a carry in world chat. Any lower BR/lower level welcome, I'm OP enough to get you that % damage for the better rewards. The response I get is silence. Not a single taker any time I have offered. For all the complaining and all the people saying they don't bother because they won't get anything more than a handful of gold, I find that most are totally apathetic even when offered a free ride, guaranteed to hit that magic % for rewards.

Comment

I have gotten home from work one night (I work evening shift), to log on and see Atoll Boss battle icon. I get a group, I got to Atoll, i see 1.2 billion HP, I see 2 groups total fighting; mine, and a group of 100k-140ks, I spent 2 hours almost and made a crapload of gold.
            Name: Phoenixia
            Server: R2 S-319
            Class: Mage
            BR: 911k
            Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
            Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Working...
            X