Matching in x gb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching in x gb

Did any else gos so nice matching? Our guild 4,3 mil br match 18 mil guild! Is that ****** fair!!!??

some guilds used tricks
    - they lower their BR (removing clothes, sending some people in other guild, ...) the day before registration to have a lower overall BR
    - they registred with 2 guild and took the one who had the lower oppenant
    RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
    Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

registerd 5 guilds and managed to get 90% of the active server into fights each week maybe using that ......but hey more people get rewards

Comment

well we tried to register but told our guild not enough br so we could not register we were 4.2 million br.

DarkMeph
        Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
          some guilds used tricks
          - they lower their BR (removing clothes, sending some people in other guild, ...) the day before registration to have a lower overall BR
          And tbh I don't blame them. The system is currently designed to kneecap 15 out of the top 16 guilds before the finals even start. The sweet spot is in the lower ranks, just look at the brs of some of the guilds that made Diamond group last time (and frankly, why even call it a Diamond group if it's a cakewalk for one guild, and all the actual good fights are in the lower groups?). Set up a system where f.ex. being the #2 guild and suffering a first round loss (even against a monster #1) condemns you to getting half the rewards of much weaker guilds, and OF COURSE people are going to game the system. And if it works, if the guilds that didn't "cheat" get left out in the cold with their one loss in the prelims, while one which manipulated their guild br gets 4 easy fights and cruises to diamond group, expect a lot more of this in the future (which, ironically, may serve to put more strong guilds in the top group, after all )
          Last edited by xrycek; 02-09-2015, 04:42 AM.
          Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

Look at the ncaa basketball bracket..the first ranked team plays the 16th ranked team in each division during the first round. Why? So that the game for the final four spot will be between the 1 and 2 teams, if there are no upsets. That all said, wartune isn't setting up bracketed in the preliminaries, so like said above, teams 2 thru 15 get shafted.
            Server: Armor S6
            IGN: Xanthralla
            Guild: Samurai

Comment

If they had such a braket system, all the weak servers would whine. Now everyone can atleast exploit the ranking system.

Comment

First they should make penalties for leaving registered guild to go to another guild and then make matching random.
                For me it looks like a good solution and I don't think it will be more unfair than what it is right now. I see 21million br guild matched with 4 million br guild.

Comment

its already exploiting, a Cheat that is already a Public Practice that consider by many a strategy/tricks is not cheating. complete failed system i should say. come up with a better matching r2. there should be compensation!!!
                  I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                  and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Lowering your Guild BR will give you more wins and more rewards. But you can still never be the number 1 guild using that approach because at the end when there are two guilds with no losses the one with the higher br wins.

Comment

Originally posted by warviper View Post
                      Lowering your Guild BR will give you more wins and more rewards. But you can still never be the number 1 guild using that approach because at the end when there are two guilds with no losses the one with the higher br wins.
                      But everyone who's not in the absolute top guild will get better rewards if they don't face that top guild until the finals. Just getting into the diamond group is worth a lot. And there's room for 8 undefeated guilds, so it's pretty unlikely that any competitive guild will end up cut out by the BR tiebreaker. Anyone who started in a position over 128 can't make diamond no matter what, but it's their own fault if a strong guild nerfed themselves so much they were ranked that low.

Comment

Last CSGB, my guild had no losses in prelims and one loss in finals and managed to get into the Diamond ranking. The real shame was our rival guild on our server that we consistently have never beaten in the weekly GB ended up in Iron ranks. Actually, I never saw that as a shame, I thought that was karma coming back at them cuz a large amount of their players are real jerks and bullies.
                        Name: Phoenixia
                        Server: R2 S-319
                        Class: Mage
                        BR: 911k
                        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
                          some guilds used tricks
                          having said that.. they will eventually lose i'm sure. I bet they can't do top 3.
                          “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

the issue is that matching is based on ranking instead random which allows guild to strip.

if for example matching was based only on wins nothing could be done to fix it.

the current system is decent if it didnt last for 4 prelim rounds, because on the long term it would even the rankings out properly to real strength. so they should either increase prelim rounds or change matching system.
                            in general in every 16 guilds based on register ranking, only 1 will go to diamond. with 8 guilds being allowed diamond you will have some guild rank 100+ being able to go into diamond. a ranking like this will never make actual "strong" groups

Comment

Working...
                            X