X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bazinga34
    started a topic Guildies in BG's

Guildies in BG's

Recently I got "taken to the woodshed" so to speak for fighting guildies in the bg's. Apparently this is a practice that is frowned upon in the guild I joined. While I like my guildmates, as far as I'm concerned there are no guildmates in the bg's. You're either on my team or you're my enemy. Period. And I make no apologies for that.

After a discussion with the GM, we straightened things out and it's all good but I was just wondering what your thoughts are on fighting guildies in the bg's. Yes or no?

• Vaitally
    replied
    hahaha, wow, touchy subject indeed, well, in my case, i don't attack very close friends, never, but if its other guild mates im not too personal with, i just say sorry in guild chat, and tell them thanks for the honor, that i'll make it upto them, or maybe that i had to attack them cuz there was no available target around, or maybe that i'll kill one of their killers to avenge their death, etc etc :-D they usually just groan, tease me and move on, if i show genuinely that im sorry :-) i have good considerate guild mates :-)
    and if its just any random player, i usually sorry after attacking them 3 times, cuz when i was low, i used to hate it if the same person kept attacking me over and over, so i feel they must feel same way

Leave a comment:

• sarcon2009
    replied
    should we cripple our own progress for the sake of a lower level guildmate he is going to die in the BG anyways as far as i am concerned anything goes in the BG the other team is the enemy and you fight them plain and simple
    Originally posted by Harmbringer View Post
    Wow you guys sound like awesome guild members. Maybe if they add higher lvl battlegrounds this would be ok. How do you think spanking a guild mate who could be 20 lvls lower than you is a good idea. Well it just shows your completely selfish. You want to stunt the progress of your guildies? Make them hate you and doing bg?
    Remember bg is not a just about end result. If your guildies cant collect treasure they are suffering. Also in my experience bg wins balance out over time. All you are doing is making people hate you for f all end result.
    Why be in your guild if you view them as a soft target to better your own game. I would leave a guild with some of you guys in it... or kick you in a heart beat.
    If you cant rely on guild members to assist you in your game then why be in the guild. I bet your also the sort of people who abandon guild mates in pvp arena to set up with strongest players from other guilds. Shame on you

Stop pretending. Help your guildies gain advantage over non guildies or keep massaging your OVERSIZED EGO. It's your choice....

Leave a comment:

• LamiaArcher
    replied
    BloodLands Server (Assistant Guild Leader of #1 Guild)

I literally attack any red name I see in BG.
    Many times I have attacked my guild leader who owns me everytime, or the strongest character on the server who kicks my butt with equal efficiency. There have been many arguments over it within the guild but I stand by "BG is Team vs Team - Guild Means nothing to me in that arena!"

On RARE occasions I will leave guildies alone - but its usually only the ones i would kill really easily as i think its better for them to earn the battleground chests and hopefully get some gems out of it.

BUT
    Their are that many people in my guild, it's kind of hard to find anyone else to attack anyways so I show no mercy in most cases. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Bazinga34
    replied
    Yes, it's WARtune...the point is to fight. I like attacking higher levels to see where I stand, just because you're higher level doesn't mean you beat me. The fun is seeing just how far you can push your toon which is why I'd fight those higher level guildies. Hunting and fighting those you KNOW you can beat..well, where's the fun in that? You can think what you want about me but it's called a battleground...not an honor farm.

I do avoid some guildies now just to keep the peace since I enjoy the guild though...

Leave a comment:

• dOniiiiiiiiii
    replied
    hahaha XrosSlash nuff said..... if you want to make friends go play farmville, this is wartune...whats the point of buying balens and making yourself stronger if you dont wanna fight..if your weak, then make that inspiration to make yourself stronger....dont cry about getting killed by a guildmates.

Leave a comment:

• XrosSlash
    replied
    i play game for fun. i love killing, its give me the fun i needed. so i kill in BG. guildmates or not, weak or strong, it doesnt matter.
    so u want me to ignore guild mates n kill the other? thats what u call FAIR?
    u work for ur team not ur guild,. oh cmon lil brain

Leave a comment:

• R22041642
    replied
    Ill never fight my guildies, its a matter of respect.

Leave a comment:

• Nimras186
    replied
    Originally posted by 御萧xXLJXx View Post
    exactly that's what i do. i hit anyone who happen to be around me at that time.

and by the way, I, yes, I, I was the one getting bullied when i first hit 40. it wasn't because i was bullied it was because anyone could kill me at the time anyway, no matter who i ran into. it sure feel like i was been bullied but i understand it's actually part of the game. people beat you up in BG because they can and that's the point of attending bgs so they can gain honor, i don't stop and cuss them out or send them nasty messages because i understand they are just playing the game. they can choose to avoid me and just let me cart hoping to get something but what is the fun in that for them.

i agree that everyone could agree that everyone just cart but what's the point of that? i don't know if you know this but this is almost like a solo games. almost every aspect of the game is solo.
    Carts gives BG shards which actually give good stuff btw the chest.

But no i have seen players stand there and hunt people and i mean HUNT.

Not like you and me who target all but actually hunt.

Heck when i joined at 30 and 40 did i have the same 6 players who went straight 4 me.

At some point they waited outside the area where i come out not even carting not even fighting others they waited for me.

And i seen that happens to others.

Thats the difference alot on the servers i played DO that, that ruins the fun.

When your weak yes you get hit thats part of the game heck i don't mind it.

but when you can't even CART for a little honor gain and some shards because your constantly targeted by the same people over and over and you can see them waiting letting everyone else passes them then the fun are gone.

Thats the thing i find wrong and should be changed.

The way BG is now is flawed.

Leave a comment:

• Serrin
    replied
    Thing is... it was said directly in the OP in the battleground you have two teams, if you aren't on my team you are an enemy to be attacked. If you are my guildmate then you know how I roll already. We have fun in my guild and we try not to target specifically but stuff happens. You can't click to collect half the time because someone is in the way, if they are in the way.... they get attacked. It's part of the game. There are people who just afk at BG, there are people who camp at spawn entrance to just keep targeting people over and over... so many other things to gripe about but to complain about fighting in a fighting game... well there is always mylittlepony.com

Leave a comment:

• Barbarossa
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimras186 View Post
    Actually now you preach wrongly and generalise.

I am weak i hate the bulliese but that haven't made me give up i run and run and avoid fights when weak and take fights to help other weaker players get a cart knowing i will lose.

But i will admit when i can beat a bully i become one against that bully only tho lol.

Beside that when i actually can fight i do like another poster i hit all beside friends and guildiese to a degree but everyone else i target no matter who you are.

If a player is weak i will tho try and not target them to much because they are there to CART for just a little honor and some BG shards and they should be allowed to get that and not ruin that.
    Actually I was agreeing with what another player was saying and you basically said you did what I said most players do. When you can you attack players in the BGs. I'm not directing this at you but what I'm saying is those who whine will turn around when they get more powerful and attack other players. Why? Because they can. Its a BG and its a pvp event. I understand the frustration very well. It does get old being hit every time you go to get carts. But the point is that it is a pvp event which means its a player vs player event which means players will attack other players. One can't fault a player for playing the event especially when one will turn around and do the same thing to others. That is being hypocritical. I've seen it too many times. It will happen.

Leave a comment:

• DForest
    replied
    BG would've been fun if rewards aren't necessity to grow stronger in game and ins will give very high advantage to the victors.. as it is now dying ticks people off and dying many times will result to afk... but yea everyone need the honor and insignias for pvp gears, some have completed the set but want even more for more advantage with medals or just like to prepare on the unknown cost of next pvp set, the weaker players will want all the help they can get to catch up to bigger players that's why they join a guild...

BG will never be fun cuz rewards are not just a prize, they are necessary to move forward and compete... I know this is true for most
    Last edited by DForest; 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marduh
    replied
    If your servers are anything like mine, 75% of the active members on the server are in the top 2 guilds. This makes the "atk no guildie" rule almost impossible to follow. I already got booted out of one of the guilds for doing this, and i'll be damned if it happens again. Forget peoples feelings, it's bg's. The strong should obtain the rewards that they are supposed to get. It helps the guild overall by allowing them to contribute more in the long run. How is that? well if they have access to all the gear and medallions, chances are their arena is high, which means they are able to actively contribute more every 3 days.

To all you weak people out there who complain about guilds attacking you, i think you have bigger fish to fry. Like how to actually get stronger, and doing so. If you can't hack it, and you can't last in bg's, then simply don't go. It's a waste of time for you.

Leave a comment:

• R24365771
    replied
    The game isnt complex enough to care, but if it was I would agree with the guildmates complaining. There's really no reason to attack them versus other people. Plus the OP seems like a liar claiming he's attacking people who beat him anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Yukkitamain
    replied
    From my perspective, i agree that we must have an ethic.

"Do not Attk other members guild in Battleground"

That word always on my guild announcement.

Sometimes i accidentaly fight with my guild members,i just say "sorry"

thats my ethic.so we have to avoid attking guild members. i dont like member guild fighting each other.member guild should be united.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X